It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are 'Imagine Dragons' trying tell us?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Nope.....I am sticking with 2021.I am simply pointing out that the calender has been altered IMHO .

I will be ready to live UNDERGROUND before 2021.

Good for you. When you're make believe planet/star doesn't arrive I'll send a message to your bunker.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I used listen to a lot of dance, trance and hardcore back in the day. A lot of the music was layered though somewhat easier to break down... However with a really good DJ who knows his/her music the possibilities become endless.

Thanks for the video, I think tonight I'll chill out when all is calm and space out to some trance

One off my trance favourites.

I must admit I've never heard of Goa trance, didn't expect India to have a dance scene... Guess I'll chalk that up to ignorance.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnsSon

Whatever happened to the dance scene?

I was too young to enjoy the good days and these days everything is on repeat... It's sad really, much of it is but a shadow of it's former self.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

apparently trance music originated from that area, and was used as a method to get groups into a trance,

i still listen when i need a charge, works everytime

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

it has evolved like everything else, for me the trance scene was taking too many people places "others" didn't want them to go. when i was in my teens some of the tunez coming out my area alone were phenomenal

theres a reason they call it uplifting trance you know.

the good thing about utube, if you put listen to one it will play through a host of others just like it...

great way to find the ones that fit you!
edit on 29-10-2017 by SaturnsSon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Interesting Fact... Imagine Dragons swore to never reveal the meaning of their name.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nope.....I am sticking with 2021.I am simply pointing out that the calender has been altered IMHO .

I will be ready to live UNDERGROUND before 2021.

Good for you. When you're make believe planet/star doesn't arrive I'll send a message to your bunker.

I look forward to your salutations and am curious to see how you will find a way to get your Carrier Pigeon through the 1-2 miles of mud and slurry overburden you will likely be under.Miracles do happen however.I will leave a candle burning.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

...am curious to see how you will find a way to get your Carrier Pigeon through the 1-2 miles of mud and slurry overburden you will likely be under.

Probably the same way I deal with other fantasy inventions.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

you shouldn't have said that.... now i want to find out the true meaning.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

check these anagrams of imagine dragons though...
Garaged Minions, Managed Origins, Marinading Egos, Egomanias Grind, gained organism, adoring enigmas... although there is 178k anagrams, i wouldn't say it is an anagram, i reckon it is to do with imagining dragons, when you are in a deep state of meditation and being able to materialise them "outwith" their CNS, but thats just a crazy guess.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

That´s what I think it means:

imgflip.com...

really nothing more or less, and it would even fit that they will never reveal the meaning. Because it´s in our faces the whole time
Sort of like trolling your mind everytime you read the band name.

"imagine pink elephants"

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think the guy is a poetic genius.

Could it just be that simple? So many poets just putting their experiences and interpretations out there for everyone. I mean, all bands want attention and to sell records. If the lyrics are good and the music is good people will like it and buy it, go to their concerts and buy their shirts.

His songs have meaning and his interpretation of his views are put out there for everyone to enjoy.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When I was a kid in school we had a substitute teacher who let us spend months in one class shutting out the lights and listening to music,then everyone would write down their interpretations of the songs and we would later review each others inerpretations,in retrospect it was a very high level of a very important type of teaching. ....a true lesson in contrast.

The different interpretations were fantasticlly different sometimes.We all learned how different everyones interpretation of inputs was.....personally it scared the hades out of me when I realised how far off-base so many of us could be in any given moment....I also realised how much music encouraged people to think deeply and personally.
edit on 29-10-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

His songs have meaning and his interpretation of his views are put out there for everyone to enjoy.

Well that's it

One of the perks of the modern day is being able to connect with artists via multiple platforms and vibe with their music.

I say that as Freddie Mercury is singing away in the back of my mind about radios.

We watch the shows, we watch the stars
On videos for hours and hours
We hardly need to use our ears
How music changes through the years

He couldn't have known how music would evolve, but the lyrics from that song have only became more hauntingly poignant over the years.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I'd strongly argue that the link a person has with music is totally personal and that being "off-base" has no look in.

I mean, who am I or even an artist for that matter to say that a listener's interpretation is wrong. That's the beauty of music, how we receive it is purely personal for a lack of a better word and nobody can deny you the memory nor experience or how it personally made you feel.

Without external influence, we'd be off-base most of our lives in nearly all of our endeavours. Music is like the opposite of that thesis...

The more we communicate about our musical experience the more we taint the initial experience. Whereas communication is usually a benefit for experience and adds to the learning curve.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

The lyrics to the first one remind me of The Allegory of the Cave. Spiritual enlightenment on a level of awareness. The others I haven't really looked at.

Sure if you believe spiritual enlightenment is selling your soul for fame and fortune.

My favourite quote from them are: "The shadows on my wall don't sleep, they keep beckoning... beckoning..."

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

also if you asked 30 people that entered a conference room to describe the foyer they have just entered the room through, each person will describe it differently.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

I'd strongly argue that the link a person has with music is totally personal and that being "off-base" has no look in.

I mean, who am I or even an artist for that matter to say that a listener's interpretation is wrong. That's the beauty of music, how we receive it is purely personal for a lack of a better word and nobody can deny you the memory nor experience or how it personally made you feel.

Without external influence, we'd be off-base most of our lives in nearly all of our endeavours. Music is like the opposite of that thesis...

The more we communicate about our musical experience the more we taint the initial experience. Whereas communication is usually a benefit for experience and adds to the learning curve.

By off base I was trying to convey that IMHO the spectrum of interpretations is immense and there was much room for miscommunication making it risky bet when trying to be precise if specific message were being sent in the song for everyone, what we found running concurrently to messages in songs were emotions.....emotions were what we found common amongst our different stories or interpretations.....a song could easily provoke most of us to have a specific emotion drive our differing stories.Songs could provoke us to make emotional attatchments to memories...

songs seem to bring people on-base emotionally no matter what their stories are.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is weird. I just started to read this thread and thunder came on the radio.
Signs, signs everywhere!

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IwantToBelieveMe
This is weird. I just started to read this thread and thunder came on the radio.
Signs, signs everywhere!

I was hooked on Thunder before I knew who sang it and before I read this thread which let me know who sang Radioactive.....which is also who sings Thunder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join