It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Free Beacon Oringinal Funders of Fusion GPS Research

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So now we know. The conservative media outlet Washington Free Beacon were the original source of funding for the research being performed by Fusion GPS.

Washington Free Beacon funded original Fusion GPS anti-Trump opposition effort

Lawyers for the conservative publication Washington Free Beacon informed the House Intelligence Committee Friday that the organization was the original funder for the anti-Trump opposition research project with Fusion GPS.

The Free Beacon funded the project from the fall of 2015 through the spring of 2016, whereupon it withdrew funding and the project was picked up by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

The Free Beacon funded the project from the fall of 2015 through the spring of 2016, whereupon it withdrew funding and the project was picked up by the Democratic National Committee and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

They're also claiming that originally the research was into multiple candidates, not just Trump.

ETA:

Statement from Free Beacon:

Fusion GPS and the Washington Free Beacon

Since its launch in February of 2012, the Washington Free Beacon has retained third party firms to conduct research on many individuals and institutions of interest to us and our readers. In that capacity, during the 2016 election cycle we retained Fusion GPS to provide research on multiple candidates in the Republican presidential primary, just as we retained other firms to assist in our research into Hillary Clinton. All of the work that Fusion GPS provided to the Free Beacon was based on public sources, and none of the work product that the Free Beacon received appears in the Steele dossier. The Free Beacon had no knowledge of or connection to the Steele dossier, did not pay for the dossier, and never had contact with, knowledge of, or provided payment for any work performed by Christopher Steele. Nor did we have any knowledge of the relationship between Fusion GPS and the Democratic National Committee, Perkins Coie, and the Clinton campaign.

Representatives of the Free Beacon approached the House Intelligence Committee today and offered to answer what questions we can in their ongoing probe of Fusion GPS and the Steele dossier. But to be clear: We stand by our reporting, and we do not apologize for our methods. We consider it our duty to report verifiable information, not falsehoods or slander, and we believe that commitment has been well demonstrated by the quality of the journalism that we produce. The First Amendment guarantees our right to engage in news-gathering as we see fit, and we intend to continue doing just that as we have since the day we launched this project.

Matthew Continetti
Editor in Chief

edit on 2017-10-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Interesting. You may want to post a copy of this into Gambler's thread because this blows a huge hole in his theory.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Not really much to say other than it appears as if Steele wasnt brought on until after the DNC started to pay.

As far as the Beacons responsibility, I dont think they did anything illegal.

To me, it just shows how much establishment republicans hated Trump.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That's where it came from.

On topic.

I kind of admire Fusion GPS. Banking off of both sides.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Not sure how, Steele didn't join the effort until Hillary's people took over the project.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So why would it then be illegal for Hilary to pick up where they left off again???

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Interesting.
ALSO from your source:

Sources close to the Free Beacon stress that the project, when the Free Beacon funded it, had nothing to do with Russia and did not involve Christopher Steele, the former British spy who gathered anti-Trump dirt in Russia.

Steele was retained by Fusion GPS when the project was funded by Democrats, and not in its initial phase, when the Free Beacon was involved.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Well, they're opposition research. That's there job. I'm sure they'll dig up dirt on anyone as long as you pay them. That is the service they provide. They find skeletons in people's closets for money.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

That's where it came from.

On topic.

I kind of admire Fusion GPS. Banking off of both sides.

Like a classical Rothschild operation.

link   
Guess we can apparently rule out a Republican candidate being responsible.

link   

Obvious Mojo is obvious.

To provide it at such a high level is interesting to me.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Interesting. You may want to post a copy of this into Gambler's thread because this blows a huge hole in his theory.

How is that?
I admitted all through that thread that RNC people were intially involved.

Steele, and hence getting dirt from russians, didnt occur until after the DNC came on.

But all of that is totally irrelevant to my thread.

I made 5 main points.

How does this affecte any of them?

1. Dems hypocritically called out russian colluson while funding it themselves. This doesnt change thaat fact.

2. Dems lied about paying for it. This doesnt change that.

3. The people who paid for the russsian collusion actually gave Russia the easiest path to mess with our system. This doesnt change that.

4. IF Obamas admin used this dossier for fisa warrants, its hugely problematic for many reasons including that his own party paid for it (much more to this as this would be the most damning thing). This doesnt change that.

5. The FBI was stonewalling congressional subpoenas (and possibly paying Steele) about this dossier. This doesnt change that.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Or CIA, or NSA or _________________________________.

Dare I say most of American gov't.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Why would that surprise you?

When will you people finally realize that both parties are corrupt as hell and could give a damn about us serfs who beg for their attention?

Clintons, Bushes, Obama, Carter, all members of the same crime syndicate.....

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Ok. My question is was it illegal to hire Steele though??

Also, I'm still not sure I get why Intel Gathering with a Government Agent is collusion. That would mean every agent who's gathering Intel from other enemy Nations would be considered Collusion too.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Already there before this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Ok. My question is was it illegal to hire Steele though??

Also, I'm still not sure I get why Intel Gathering with a Government Agent is collusion. That would mean every agent who's gathering Intel from other enemy Nations would be considered Collusion too.

Intent.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Did you know that on Nov 20th 2016 Obama met with Putin (APEC) and was more concerned about Facebook fake news than Russian election meddling? The meddling wasn't mentioned.

When you have time, you should watch this. It is an excellent dissertation by Jimmy Dore about the Washington 'big club', the TIMINGS of releases and when I read your OP and WFB having started this exercise, I'm seeing a clearer picture about the 'big club' and the deception they have cast upon the uninformed.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Obvious Mojo is obvious.

To provide it at such a high level is interesting to me.

Well, why wouldn't they dig up whatever they can for anyone?? I would think the higher the level person is would only make digging stuff up a bit more difficult but they could still do whatever they could to get it.

Also the higher the level the target the more important that info would be to find.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
It hasn't been a secret to anyone who has been paying attention to all this that the funding started with someone connected in some way to the RNC.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join