It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New JFK Files Have Been Released!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I did do a search, but didn't see where this has been posted. If it has, my apologies.

Not much to say yet. There are a lot of files to go through, so have at it, and have fun digging through the rabbit hole.

The National Archives is releasing documents previously withheld in accordance with the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. The vast majority of the Collection (88%) has been open in full and released to the public since the late 1990s. The records at issue are documents previously identified as assassination records, but withheld in full or withheld in part. Learn more These releases include FBI, CIA, and other agency documents (both formerly withheld in part and formerly withheld in full) identified by the Assassination Records Review Board as assassination records. The releases to date are as follows: July 24, 2017: 3,810 documents (read press release) October 26, 2017: 2,891 documents (read press release) Accessing the Release Files To view or download a released file, follow the link in the “File Number” column. You can also download the full spreadsheet with metadata about all the documents. The files are sorted by NARA Release Date, with the most recent files appearing first. The previous withholding status (i.e., formerly withheld in part or formerly withheld in full) is identified in the “Formerly Withheld Status” column.

See a list of all the files here: JFK Assassination Records - 2017 Additional Documents Release

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Great to have a look at files made to be analyze and seen by citizen , anyway its my 2 cents.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well, well, well.

LBJ was in the KKK like a true democrat.

I guess they forgeot to tell him "republicans and democrats switched sides on civil rights issues".

www.archives.gov...

edit on 26-10-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Earlier today the thread was that they still havent cleared the whole list...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The key thing here is that Trump issuesed the release of "certain" documents...not all of them...the truth of what ever did or did not happen was never put on the record...not a chance.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Its about when you have 50 years for a pack of files to be released ,there not a single second to waste , its time to take care of business.i guess those 300 files dont contain anything of value,its a decoy, when people gonna ask for them and be insistant ,they will be released .its the final and definitive defense. Im sure they will release them ,having nothing of value and we wont have a choice of believing ,its like a chess game . You dont have a single turn before checkmate.

Wanna play chess

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Dp
edit on 26-10-2017 by Lurkingthough because: Double post

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Why didn't I see this coming? OF COURSE these files would be used to push the partisan divide happening today on all fronts. Why am I surprised? Carry on with your partisan BS, we see how well it's worked in the past few years, why not do it with this, something that shouldn't be a partisan issue at all?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

However, President Donald Trump has acted to block the release of hundreds of records on the John F. Kennedy assassination, bending to CIA and FBI appeals to keep those secrets.

www.9news.com.au...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Didn't Trump just say the other day that he would allow the files to be released? Why would he say that then do this? Seems pretty disingenuous.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The article I linked goes on to say...

In a statement, the agency said none of the 18,000 remaining records will be withheld in full and that the redacted — or blacked out — parts of these remaining records represent less than 1 percent of the total CIA information in the assassination-related documents.

The CIA says the redactions were made to protect information that, if released, would harm national security. The agency says the redactions hide the names of CIA assets and former and current CIA officers as well as specific intelligence methods and partnerships that remain viable to protect national security.

Beyond that we can only speculate as to what and why certain documents will be further withheld until a future date - likely citing national security or some other diatribe to validate their reasoning.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
jfk

The day Trump realized the CIA dont work for him. As for items being blacked out.... how could something that happened that long ago still be important to national security...
edit on 26-10-2017 by Ghostsinthefog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What kind of low-info moron thinks the Kennedy assassination is apolitical?

Did you happen to notice the name of this forum?

It is called "POLITICAL conspiracies" for crying out loud!!!!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I requested a link to download today's release in bulk. I'll post the link, here, when I receive it, for anyone interested.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Who said anything about apolitical? Pretty sure I was addressing your partisan BS not that this was a political event.

Or are you saying there can't be discussion about politics if it isn't partisan based? Pretty dangerous logic if so.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why didn't I see this coming? OF COURSE these files would be used to push the partisan divide happening today on all fronts. Why am I surprised? Carry on with your partisan BS, we see how well it's worked in the past few years, why not do it with this, something that shouldn't be a partisan issue at all?

Did anyone show partisanship ? Johnson was a Dem. So was Sen. Byrd. Both belonged to the KKK . The KKK was mostly made up of Dems in the day
Does the truth hurt you that much ?

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No matter if some Democrats were KKK members back in the day, that doesn't change the fact that these days, Democrats are the ones promoting civil rights and advancement for blacks, gays, transgenders, and all types while the Republicans are against it. There is no secret conspiracy of Democrats hoping to use their altruistic agenda to weaken blacks or some such nonsense.

In a June 10, 2013, PolitiFact Virginia article, Carole Emberton, associate professor of history at the University at Buffalo, noted that the "party lines of the 1860s/1870s are not the party lines of today."

"Although the names stayed the same, the platforms of the two parties reversed each other in the mid-20th century, due in large part to white ‘Dixiecrats’ flight out of the Democratic Party and into the Republican Party after the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964," she said. "By then, the Democratic Party had become the party of ‘reform,’ supporting a variety of ‘liberal’ causes, including civil rights, women’s rights, etc. whereas this had been the banner of the Republican Party in the nineteenth century."

Polit ifact
edit on 27amFri, 27 Oct 2017 00:24:45 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
its been a long time since i looked at JFK stuff and it was way before my time, but I just looked at one page and it happened to be interesting "Jack Ruby, AKA Lee Harvey Oswald, AKA Dash victim".. what is that about?

www.archives.gov...

edit: turns out tons of documents say that. but still, why does it?
edit on 27-10-2017 by JaeG14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JaeG14

I think there's a forum here on ATS that is literally packed with John Kennedy assassination theories and evidence supporting those theories. Just like there is for the 9-11 terrorist (u.s. government?) attacks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join