It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS May Rent Out Rooms Airbnb Style For After Surgery Patients

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I canny accept "bhoy" part being a Gers fan but aye i do indeed hail from Glasgow.

Regarding the Hospital in general through and the staff there, they are of excellent caliber and responsible for keeping my wee brother alive until he could receive a new heart.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Is hiring foreign nurses an option? I have a cousin who came from the Philippines to Maryland because nurses are in demand there.

Well it is a option but UK nurses are paid less than nurses in other countries, there is also the Brexit effect, we have had a 95% drop in EU applications from EU nurses so our ability to recruit internationally has been massively hammered in the last 18 months or so.

Going to America or Australia is a much better option for someone in your cousins situation.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I canny accept "bhoy" part being a Gers fan but aye i do indeed hail from Glasgow.

hows that been working out for the last few years.....

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Privatised in all but name and no doubt still funded by the general public through tax.

I would have thought some investigative journalist would have brought all this to light by now and people would consequently be up in arms about it.
I don't think the blame lies squarely with the Torries either, as I seem to recall 'new' labour under Blairs government selling off NHS car parks to private firms. So if voting won't change the situation what do you propose we the public do about it?

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Not very well, but a kick in the teeth and relegation to the third division for something rather a few other teams were also getting up to did not exactly help.

Did not exactly help you lot ether considering the lack of any real competition for quite a spell.

But we digress somewhat from the main topic i suppose.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Its been common knowledge for years if not decades but as we all still have our social media and sports......

P.S. Had a flat in Mount Florida back in late 80's early 90's.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

It's been common knowledge the NHS has been struggling for many years no doubt, but not WHY exactly. I certainly wasn't aware until very recently of the shear amount of wasted spending going on until Othersideofthecoin pointed it out.

If there wasn't all this waste and piss poor management the NHS wouldn't be in the mess it's in.

P.S I'm not sure what you having had a flat in Mount Florida has to do with anything? you've lost me there.
edit on 28-10-2017 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join