It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump officials suddenly revoke visa of hero being hunted by Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The State Department unexpectedly canceled the visa of Bill Browder, a U.S.-born British citizen and Putin critic, at the same moment Russia put out an international wanted notice on him.

With the Russia investigation still gathering steam, the last thing anyone in the Trump administration should do now is create the impression they are cooperating with Russian President Vladimir Putin’s assaults on human rights.

Which is why the State Department’s sudden move against Putin critic Bill Browder — at the exact same time Russia is trying to mark him as an internationally wanted man — is so confounding.

Trump officials suddenly revoke visa of hero being hunted by Putin

This is the 4th/5th time Putin has tried to put Browder on the Interpol wanted list, mainly because of Browder's role in getting the Magnitsky sanctions passed, however the only reason Putin was successful this specific time was because the US govt was willing to revoke Browder's visa, just as it so happens we have a US president thought to have colluded with Russia and its oligarchs.

Nothing at all suspicious here... /s

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Unless he's bait.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What ever Putin wants trump delivers. How bout those sanctions I'm wondering.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Let me get this right - you want Trump to dictate individual visa decisions to the State Dept so as not to draw suspicion raised by a fake news story about him colluding with Russians?

That would be a fine example - let the media choose policies and make decisions. All they have to do is push a story and they get to be the US Govt. Great.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Bait?
Up until now when ever Putin tried to put this guy on interpols most wanted list our government made moves to block it.
He's Putin's most wanted that's for sure. Now Putin's efforts are not being blocked.

You really gotta ask why.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

This is the 4th/5th time Putin has tried to put Browder on the Interpol wanted list, mainly because of Browder's role in getting the Magnitsky sanctions passed, however the only reason Putin was successful this specific time was because the US govt was willing to revoke Browder's visa, just as it so happens we have a US president thought to have colluded with Russia and its oligarchs.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not really .
After that guy got OFFED by radiation, I wonder at his tactic ,anyway.
VERY cold war-esque.
He also wants Soros,doesn't he?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

It's not fake news. There's a list of Russian connections and contacts. From meetings, to back channels,to conspiracy schemes to get dirt on Clinton from them, and as so happens make arrangements to ease those magnitsky sanctions ... And everyone when asked, lied about it.
So the optics are bad if he doesn't do something. Like when he was forced to sign in those additional sanctions, it s imperative that he looks like he's not serving Putin.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

It's not fake news. There's a list of Russian connections and contacts. From meetings, to back channels,to conspiracy schemes to get dirt on Clinton from them, and as so happens make arrangements to ease those magnitsky sanctions ... And everyone when asked, lied about it.
So the optics are bad if he doesn't do something. Like when he was forced to sign in those additional sanctions, it s imperative that he looks like he's not serving Putin.

There is nothing to show that Trump colluded with Russia and the innuendo comes from the left wing media and his enemies. Letting idiots like that influence decisions should be last thing he does. I reckon he is smart enough to know not to let these fools dictate decisions based on their fake news stories.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yours MAY have missed FAR ,FAR worse already.
OR help by getting paid off.

VERY bad selective judgement here...
SOMETHING with uranium...
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You have no idea if there is anything or not. You are not on the need to know list but things sure look suspicious and very very shady. As I've already pointed out.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

My what? What are you talking about?

This thread isn't about me.
edit on 10232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You have no idea if there is anything or not. You are not on the need to know list but things sure look suspicious and very very shady. As I've already pointed out.

I have every idea - in fact more than an idea. I know it as fact that there is nothing to show Trump colluded with Russia in the election. You, on the other hand, have no idea if he did or not, but are willing to accept unsubstantiated gossip.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   

IT IS you,whom is attempting to illicit suspicion, from a bias judgement and thus my answer to you , as a Clintonite traditionally , is : that as far as RUSSIAN conspiracies go ,TRUMP has nothing compared to Democratic efforts at all... this obstruction is for buying time from the collapse of a party as we are watching it happen,indeed PARTIALLY as DIRECT result BOTH of THE CLINTONS and their actions.
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The innuendo comes from the constant discovery of Russian contacts and meetings that they've lied about. It's not quite as innocent as innuendo either. And it's not coming from the media the media is reporting what's happened not fabricating anything, as has been revealed over and over since the investigation became public knowledge.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

No the thread is about the guy that's been put on Putin's Interpol most wanted list. Because he's responsible for getting the Magnitsky act placed. This keeps Russian oligarchs who have been identified as human rights violators from free travel around the globe. It keeps little girls out of the sex trafficking trade. What does that have to do with me? You're on the attack for no reason. Address the thread subject.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The all important WHY?

“We understand that William Browder’s U.S. visa has been revoked due his inclusion on the Interpol list. According to Browder, the Russian government has submitted his name for inclusion on the Interpol list on several occasions in the past, yet it was rejected as politically motivated. And through these episodes, his U.S. visa status has been immediately reinstated. The Department of Homeland Security should expedite an immediate review of the decision to revoke Mr. Browder’s visa.

So it was an automatic thing caused by the Interpol list. Kind of makes one wonder why this was turned into an anti-anyone topic. I'd imagine it will be reinstated right away.

Funny that in the first three articles I read on this, no mention was made of the how and why this happened

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What ever Putin wants trump delivers. How bout those sanctions I'm wondering.

The deadline to issue new regulations/guidance past on October 1st. Meanwhile, new sanctions against NK from the same bill were imposed a month ago.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Putin resubmitted this guy's name just last week.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It would be Interpol who put them on their list. The State Dept. response would have been automatic I'm sure.

Must be a slow news day and is anyone asking why Interpol did that, since they are the culprits?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join