It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public school flies Christian flag alongside Old Glory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Can you point out to me what ruling that is?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Being at WAR with a faction of zealots, DOES that to Americans,sorry 'bout their mess..
HOWEVER since THEIR own lazy cultures haven't the strength of character to halt their violent criminals WE can and will do it.
TOO bad they use innocents as shields,however.
HUGE moderate mistake to allow it, if they aren't into Sharia.
If they are, they're criminals alone and I want them all dead ...

NOT to mention the word CREEDE as well...
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Boadicea

Well said.

Thanks!

It's kind of personal to me. I am not a conventional Christian... and there are those today who would probably giddily burn me at the stake and then congratulate themselves for doing "the Lord's work."

That's not my kind of Christianity! (And that's just the tip of the iceberg...)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrdoAdChao
a reply to: shooterbrody

Can you point out to me what ruling that is?

your thread your SCOTUS claims

i provided a link that explains the event
i am not interested in doing your research

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Lemon v. Kurtzman, 91 S. Ct. 2105 (1971) Established the three part test for determining if an action of government violates First Amendment's separation of church and state:

1) the government action must have a secular purpose;
2) its primary purpose must not be to inhibit or to advance religion;
3) there must be no excessive entanglement between government and religion.

Other decisions have firmly established that directed prayer, religious instruction, Bible reading over intercom systems, posting of the Ten Commandments, etc. on public property is unconstitutional.

Infidels.org

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

What it looks like has little to do with the meaning once you understand it. The red-cross has been a symbol of "non-combatant" for most of the 20th+ centuries. It is the color inverse of Switzerland, which is also the historical "neutral" for the same time period. The cross is universal symbol to Christians, but not everyone else.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ummm it looks like the red cross flag to me. I expected that image of blond haired blued eyed Jesus.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Glad you're here. Can you clarify your position a bit on "Creed"? I have a feeling we might be on the same page.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When businesses fly the rainbow flag, are they establishing that everyone at the business is gay?

Holy straw man Batman!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Ok, so there is a flag with a field of red and white stripes with a patch of blue in the upper left hand corner filled with stars. So it MUST be the Intergalactic Candy Stripers flag. Who would go against blue-haired old ladies delivering comfort to the sick and dying throughout the cosmos? Immoral animals, that's who!
edit on 23-10-2017 by OrdoAdChao because: up, up and upper away!

link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Being at WAR with a faction of zealots, DOES that to Americans,sorry 'bout their mess..
HOWEVER since THEIR own lazy cultures haven't the strength of character to halt their violent criminals WE can and will do it.
TOO bad they use innocents as shields,however.
HUGE moderate mistake to allow it, if they aren't into Sharia.
If they are, they're criminals alone and I want them all dead ...

NOT to mention the word CREEDE as well...

There are 3.3 MILLION American Muslims.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This has been affirmed in regard to "Equal Access Clubs" by the 1990 U.S. Supreme Court decision inWestside Community Schools v. Mergens.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

This has been affirmed in regard to "Equal Access Clubs" by the 1990 U.S. Supreme Court decision inWestside Community Schools v. Mergens.

Has zero to do with flying the Christian Flag beside the American Flag. Zero, nada, nothing.

Your case has to do with allowing kids to meet on school property after school hours to do a Bible study.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

and thats what the article is complaining about
i posted a link about the event

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Wait, there are more public institutions flying this religious symbol? Which?

You said that flying the Christian flag establishes that as a dominant/predominant religion.

I'm saying (using your logic); if state and or federal buildings fly the rainbow flag, they must be establishing homosexuality as the dominant/predominant sexual orientation.

Correct?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes ,thank you.
BUT perhaps a POINT ...BE BRIEF and rude please. I don't understand popular cultural colloquialisms or slogans of a politically motivated ideal,they smack of lack of intelligence in many fields ...worse than privates,to talk to,I'm so far ahead thoughts wise.
It wasn't part of my training,to help people that,so I suck at it.
IT WILL always be my job top stand by.
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I don't really care. I would not be the parent in this situation because I don't want kids. But I can't help but recognize the flagrance which some schools will go to in order to determine themselves "Christian". You can be American and Christian, Muslim, Jewish, any other religion and/or lack thereof. It is against the fundamental principles of the Constitution of a state funded institution to promote religion in a direct form. Here is why we have extra-curricular bible study (totally acceptable by any standard) and prayer at some public school football games (which I view as "Everyone needs to hope that no one gets seriously injured" moreso than a prayer, but that's just me). It is acceptable to be at a public institution and express or hold these beliefs. No one will stop a kid from saying thanks to whatever God before he digs into his sub-standard food quality Beef Ole.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Yes ,thank you.
BUT perhaps a POINT ...BE BRIEF and rude please. I don't understand popular cultural colloquialisms or slogans of a politically motivated ideal,they smack of lack of intelligence in many fields ...worse than privates,to talk to,I'm so far ahead thoughts wise.
It wasn't part of my training,to help people that,so I suck at it.
IT WILL always be my job top stand by.

Right. There are American citizens who are Muslim. Your duty is to protect them.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

and thats what the article is complaining about
i posted a link about the event

The Christian Flag is being flown outside the school on public view on school property during school hours.

Such an action fails the Lemon Test, blatantly.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait, there are more public institutions flying this religious symbol? Which?

You said that flying the Christian flag establishes that as a dominant/predominant religion.

I'm saying (using your logic); if state and or federal buildings fly the rainbow flag, they must be establishing homosexuality as the dominant/predominant sexual orientation.

Correct?

Does the Rainbow Flag represent a religion?

If not, there is no Constittuional mandate to keep it off public lands. Your interpretation is your own.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join