It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the return of SAC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
I think it's a great idea. Lets keep poking and poking until we push ourselves into a war that there's no coming back from!!!

We are already in a war where's there's no coming back .. it's called the war on terror

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Since I live here in Asia, maybe I should let you know what is going on. "NOTHING". OK, don't get me wrong. North Korea isn't shooting across the dmz and the south Koreans are'nt exactly wearing gas mask as of today.

What is really the topic here is that North Korea has decided to use a nuclear bomb towards its enemy.

That is all we know of right know.

I live not too far from the Japanese Air Base and what is going on now is "no time off" period.
So yes, something is in the makings, what, I don't know yet, but one thing is for sure, the Japanese military is on high alert nation wide.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

and that thought encompasses my idea on the sudden change...

the missile forces are trying to adjust to the newest threat in the No. Korean weapons arsenal (advanced Fusion Devices)

~instead of re-programming the siloed or submarine based ICBMs, it was determined to take the B52 option out of moth-balls and focused specifically on the NK crisis/threat with the large stash of tactical nukes that were not meant as first strike arms prior to the NK aggressions

No use in restructuring the finely tuned and very sensitive Nuclear Force delivery system already-in-place...just add another chess-piece to deal with the N.K. problem

edit on th31150884034724192017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I was in the Air Force and with SAC. I only got to say one thing, the enemy , if it wants to fk with the US, well, they better not.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
SAC was a culture as much as a designation, get the mission done was the order of the day.

They understood and embraced the idea that the mission meant flying killing bad guys and breaking all their S%^& was more important than all the busy work, so no SAC will never return. (they actually were fight hard play harder)

Also they tried hard to take care of their people, I think most recent USAF vets would say darn few commanders ever make the attempt.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

They need to bring it back, if for nothing else then because, as one author put it, when the Air Force took their eye off the ball, Bad Things happened.

"To err is human, to forgive is not SAC policy."
edit on 10/24/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Irishhaf

They need to bring it back, if for nothing else then because, as one author put it, when the Air Force took their eye off the ball, Bad Things happened.

I know . Anti American leadership was the cause due to money buying off the fkn politicians .

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Good point.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
a reply to: dasman888

star and we may have other worldly ability weapons and craft....I see so much newer design craft flying over at night.....

pvs-14 spots 'em easy......the new B-2 wing.....different trailing edge now

I don't know exactly what tech we have but whatever it is, it's huge and completely silent.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
From my experience as a Missile Launch Officer way back when, I learned that it's easy to start a conflict that includes nuclear weapons, but kind of difficult to either limit it or back it off. We had all kinds of scenarios for escalation, but few for de-escalation. But that was in a war with the Soviets, so maybe they've since developed some decent tactical nuke scenarios that don't automatically blow up the planet.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
We are already in a war where's there's no coming back .. it's called the war on terror

It's the best war to fight if you like to always fight and never have to worry about the other side negotiating a surrender. You can even kill everybody who is your "enemy," like ISIS, but you can always claim you don't know if you got them all, so your funding never gets cut.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That's the advantage aircraft give. If it takes 8+ h hours to reach a target, that's time that can be used to talk and try to step back.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
That's the advantage aircraft give. If it takes 8+ h hours to reach a target, that's time that can be used to talk and try to step back.

I suppose. Although we still have a submarine fleet with missiles that can reach anybody's house with a nuke in less time than it takes to deliver a pizza.

And I still think in my conspiracy mind that all those billions spent on Ronald Reagan's Star Wars program weren't wasted. I don't know for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if we had very secret, very powerful particle beam weapons in orbit, ready to toast any potential threats either on the ground or in the air. North Korea tries to launch a nuke and BOOM! Let them blame it on a malfunction to save face.

Just blue skying.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

The war on drugs has been equally atrocious.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

WHO gets to play LeMay, this time?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm surprised that SOB hasn't come back from the dead to call an ORI.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I thought G.Gordon was the SAME species,too.
I am waiting to see WHO commands the first Aerospace capable crafts ( in the white)and the structure of an SAC type command as it would use them.

ORBITAL domination...new arms race.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just guessing here
but getting the base ready is probably real
but using the B52 is just a cover story for ??????????
once they are in the open

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

According to STRATCOM the E-4B occasionally stops there and uses the facility, so they're improving it for them.
edit on 10/24/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join