It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Police in Nuneaton UK called to Hostage situation at leisure complex

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Just coming onto the news feeds now I will update as and when,

Currently on worst android device in history..

Update, confirmed by BBC. Looks like leisure complex with a Cinema,Gym and childrens play area.

No other info currently

www.bbc.com...

www.theguardian.com...

Reports on social media is that a man has taken hostages at a Bowling alley and has a Shot Gun.

RA
edit on 22-10-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't think this is will turn out to be Islamic. Taking hostages is not the style of the religion of peace.
a reply to: slider1982

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I don't think this is will turn out to be Islamic. Taking hostages is not the style of the religion of peace.

You are right it's usually white people from the religion of peace that is Christianity that do this kind of thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
They generally don't do it in the name of their religion do they racist Strawman.
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm from nuneaton originally and have been to this bowling alley around 6 months ago with my daughter and her friend, I'm just about to drive there from Leicestershire to visit my mum as it's her birthday this week, hopefully all hostages are released free from harm

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
At least if he is armed with a sawn off shotgun as the reports suggest, he only has two rounds to let off before the police drop him.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
True, but those two cartridges could do a lot of of damage. If the police marksmen have line of sight they will shoot if he moves the shotgun in a way that gives them good reason to believe he intending to discharge the weapon.
a reply to: Painterz

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If this was islamic terrorism we would probably know about it now.

Sounds like a dude with a gun. It happens every now and then.

I hope nobody gets hurt.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well I live only a couple of miles away and the word is it's a "dispute" between a boy friend and his girl who works in the bowling alley. Not terror related and not a mass hostage situation as the gunman told the people inside to f*** off as he was only after a specific person. Either a jealous or jilted boyfriend.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

its deffo a guy with a gun - they said so on teh news

however - far too many people are obseesed by what colour he is - and what his imaginary friend is called

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
2 staff are unaccounted for and are his hostages it would seem.

In his 40's and words used to describe him include "odd" and "dishevelled" either an ex employee or boyfriend/partner to 1.

Sky News reporting Flash Bangs have been used...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ended with no casualties.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Police have stormed a bowling alley at a leisure complex in Nuneaton and ended an armed hostage siege, the firm's chief executive has told the BBC.

Mehdi Amshar said two hostages had been held at MFA Bowl, in Bermuda Park, but the situation has now ended and there were no casualties.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, it's all over now. No one hurt.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Thankfully, the shotgun was probably empty anyway, still would have been scary.

It seems his hostages were a manager and a boy and he kept making the boy go to the door to negotiate with the Police.

It will be interesting to see if it was as the local whispers said.
edit on 22/10/17 by djz3ro because: Swap an f for a g

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I live just under a mile away from Bermuda Park, we've had the police helicopters all over the area all afternoon, the armed gunman wanted the manager apparently, they knew each other. Glad this has ended with no casualties, I take my children up there most weekends.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

www.bbc.co.uk...

Police have stormed a bowling alley at a leisure complex in Nuneaton and ended an armed hostage siege, the firm's chief executive has told the BBC.

Mehdi Amshar said two hostages had been held at MFA Bowl, in Bermuda Park, but the situation has now ended and there were no casualties.

Well done to our British Bobbies....

Warmest

Lags

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Good thing Britain's gun laws prevented this.

Oh, wait...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Good thing Britain's gun laws prevented this.

Oh, wait...

Laugh it up but it's because of our gun laws he could only.get his hands on a sawn-off shotgun which I suspect had no ammo. Look how many people were killed or injured in the UK's latest incident involving a firearm, now compare that to Americas. I'm sorry, what were you saying?...

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
I'm sorry, what were you saying?...

That gun control laws dont work as a person intent on violating it will find a way to do it.

Same with Australia who just recently had an armed robbery at a commercial business.
edit on 22-10-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: djz3ro
I'm sorry, what were you saying?...

That gun control laws dont work as a person intent on violating it will find a way to do it.

But thanks to our gun control.laws we don't have nearly as many guns per person in the UK, it's not just the legislation needed to get a gun (which you rightly point out can be bypassed) that makes it harder to get a gun in the UK, another reason they're not available is they're a lot rarer over here.

If so inclined, I could get my hands on a gun, only a shotgun or perhaps a pistol but it is possible but very few UK citizens are thus inclined...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join