It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing a pattern here?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
All these hotbed issues being thrown in our face by the media over the past year or two all have one thing in common. Can you guess what it is? They're all SUBJECTIVE, meaning they are dangling these subjective and inconsequential issues in our face so that we argue over things that will change nothing all while their divide and conquer psyop rolls along full speed ahead.

No one's minds are going to change because, as I said, they're SUBJECTIVE social issues and rely solely on the biases and opinions of the individual. We're arguing over things that in the end will amount to NOTHING and will change NOTHING no matter who is right or wrong in the matter. In fact there is no right or wrong because one person's right is another's wrong and vice versa.

It's sad that I can read the title of a thread and then respond accordingly to a poster without even having to read their argument because it's always ALWAYS the same argument depending on the premise of a thread.

What exactly are we accomplishing by arguing over who Trump did or did not call? What are we accomplishing by arguing over bathroom laws? What are we accomplishing over arguing about what Trump did or did not say/mean?

I'll tell you what we're accomplishing, and it's not in our favor as the American/world public, we're accomplishing the spread of hate, animosity, bigotry, prejudice and division amongst ourselves. They're dividing us through political/social/subjective issues and they know that no one will change their minds no matter how much we argue over them. In fact they're counting on it which is why they keep shoving this stuff down our throats week after week, yet we keep begging for more.

They all (politicians) suck but we seem to be arguing over which ones suck less than the others. We're arguing over douches and turd sandwiches and eating both simultaneously and we seem to love the taste.

Wake up people. This whole political charade is bread and circus for us pleebs to chew on while the ones in control continue eating the whole buffet.
edit on 10/22/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've noticed it for a while.

And the answer is a government with much less power. When people and groups can't us it like a cudgel against those who don't think or live like they do, they would be far less point to it all. But right now, it makes them feel needed and powerful so they benefit.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I see there making everyone pick sides to the point where it's going to be anarchy.

Black white
Trump Hilary
Brexit Europe
Obama care
Fire arms
Gays , trans
Oil - wind solar
Immigration
Wars
Global warming
Taxation
War on drugs
Wall or no wall

Yep part of the divide

Sad

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
nfl distraction..

I disagree with you as to the reason.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Its been going on since 9/11 IMO. It's like the thing that united us also lit some sort of fire at the same time for our direction.

Before that people were political, but you didn't feel the tension as much.

Ironically enough, all the people who wear a party as a badge of honor are blind to the fact these two parties are essentially the same. Democrats push war just as much as Republicans, and it's not hard to see why. Look at Boeing, Lockheed Martin and all the other big military companies and check their stock out since 9/11. Then take into account they can spend as much on politicians as they'd like, we're stuck with 60% of our taxes going to the military, and for what?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

My thoughts exactly, and ATS is a good example of that agenda working.

+28 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Ok?

And you've known this for quite some time, yet every time you, myself, or anyone else posts in the Political Mudpit, you throw logs onto the fire. This divide and conquer technique has been in use for quite some time now. It is being employed by the masses these days.

We all are a part of the problem.

It's time we become part of the solution and begin to recognize the err of our ways. Begin to see everyone's ideas and rather than argue with them, let us listen with compassion and understanding. Hear opposing views and discuss them.

If they turn the divide up, then we learn to reign it back in.
We control this narrrative.

Let's act like it.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You're not wrong. It's been that way for a while, and pundits and partisan talking heads have always perpetuated it, but now, social media and its users, who can directly interact and influence it, are helping to perpetual it.

While most things can, in fact, be boiled down to a very simple issue of truth, law, or ethics, people on both sides take that simplicity and convolute it, attempting to change (spin) the narrative with opinion and irrelevance that obscures the original issue, which, in turn, keeps people fighting over petty BS while ignoring the main issue.

Is is all manufactured and "part of the plan?" To a degree, I'd say yes. For what end? Likely, more control. Creating chaos and division that people are unable to correct or right themselves allows for more government *correction* and control.

If I were a conspiracy theorist, of course.

link   
a reply to: havok

I've been saying this is a psyop for the past year or two but people don't seem to care and instead continue to spit in each other's faces.

I'm guilty of that as well but there's only so much spit you can take before you spit back.

link   

Now why could that be?

I'll drop a mini nuke here and let you in on a secret. It's been going on longer than two years.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Of course it has but with the advent of the Trump and the media (controlled) opposition narrative it has reached a boiling point.
edit on 10/22/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Nice try. It's not subjective when Donald Trump lies every time his lips move and the evidence for that is quite objective.

And yes the country is divided, but it's because the Russians spent millions of dollars in destabilizing our relationships with each other, and electing a president who would further their cause.

edit on 10/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Exactly right. The sacred line between words and deeds, speech and behavior, are becoming too blurry.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I've noticed it for a while.

And the answer is a government with much less power. When people and groups can't us it like a cudgel against those who don't think or live like they do, they would be far less point to it all. But right now, it makes them feel needed and powerful so they benefit.

Utter BS. The only person who is constantly whining to feel needed and powerful is trump.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Politicians and their campaigns are deploying wedge issues to divide and incite the population. The media reports the messages the campaigns release. Blaming the media is misplaced. Thank your elected and wanna-be elected officials for the continental divide.

But alas, it's so much easier to blame the messenger. The Republic is indeed in peril. Trump has exposed it's diseased underbelly that think and act like him. May he crawl back under his fungus covered rock soon. Uuug.
Peace

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

yes but if you dont laugh at them and start finding world affairs as one big joke, you will only keep getting more frustrated at the sheep, they are lost now, when things get to you, you should count your blessings that your path has led you to a "knowing" that has helped you escape the pack, you could say you have an immunity to their disease!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
You might have noticed that people are venting more. Also notice MSN.com stopped their Comments on all their articles. Eliminating a place to unload vitriol. Now one might be inclined to do it here more often. Perhaps I'm full of it, but I think there is an increase of hostility here. You can always find a release in the Mud it.

In the same breath, I think there has been an increase in worthwhile topics not politically oriented. ATS is also a place where fringe is welcome, and we get doozies at times. In recent times a lot of OP's have disappeared just moments after my typing a response because of...? unknown reasons. My guess is banned members trying to sneak in. Our Mods are much more Keen than you might guess, and far more lenient than they probably ought to be.

To me it appears a pattern. Though my topic interests are comprised of a somewhat narrow focus, it is still apparent to anyone who looks and notices repeating behaviors beyond congenial. ...carry on.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
I see there making everyone pick sides to the point where it's going to be anarchy.

Black white
Trump Hilary
Brexit Europe
Obama care
Fire arms
Gays , trans
Oil - wind solar
Immigration
Wars
Global warming
Taxation
War on drugs
Wall or no wall

Yep part of the divide

Sad

These are all inter-related. It would be interesting to draw a graph showing where the connections are.
Taxes
Trump vs. Hilary = Republicans vs. Democrats
Small government vs big government
low taxes vs high taxes
Private healthcare vs Obamacare
Controlled immigration vs Open borders
Wall vs. No Wall

Brexit vs Europe is similar to the above issues (taxes/payments/accountability/immigration vs. rule from Brussels/Eurocrats)

Oil vs. Wind/Solar is more of a corporate issue (Big Oil vs . Wind/Solar/Global Warming)

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
From where I sit, I see it is happening worldwide, and that shows globalists are in action big time to further their agenda through "divide and conquer" tactics.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What you are talking about OP is actually a practice of governments. To keep us arguing among each other is better than having us gang up against our whole government. Polarization has been used by many governments to control it's people. Within reason that is acceptable, but lately it has gotten out of hand. Usually it involves things like sports team polarization and even school or state allegiance. Even brand can stimulate polarization, coke vs pepsi or types of beer too. Don't get me started on Chevy vs Ford people or haters of imported cars from years ago. We fall for that easily as a society. They control us without us even knowing it. Right now they are trying to get people to hate Russia and people in the Middle East. I have no problem with either, but dumping a bunch of Middle easterners into our country without proper social conditioning is not good. The Liberals want to dump them in here, that will stir up lots of conflict because they are socially different. I see the strong liberals as unintelligent, they do not see what can happen by doing things too fast. I would have said dumb, but that is a four letter word.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join