It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Tour of the Pymamid of Khafre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Inspired by a recent thread...

I felt like i needed to see what its like walking around the area of this Pyramid... and i found the perfect video for the journey

I look over the damage said structure has, and i can only imagine what those that stripped the outer casing of it must have had to do...

Its not like they climbed up this beast and slowly lowered the blocks down... they cut them lose and let them rip down the slopes

clearly why there are chips of said casing all over the base of the pyramid

This guy is pretty cool too... we even get close ups showing that the structure wasn't as perfect as many may have thought

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Have some salt to go with your pepper. The German guy climbed up Cheop's pyramid and looks across at Chephren really giving a scale to it. BeeYooTeeFul. Got his ass banned from Egypt for life.

I would have sworn there was some carving at the top of the pyramid in the video. Leave me alone Mandela effect!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

yeah but lots of people have climbed it...

This pyramid isn't usually showcased... because its a bit smaller perhaps

but it has a pretty top

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

That's why I posted the other video. To see Chephren from above.

The videos are great ways to see the reality of pyramids and the total lack of gaps "you can't get a razor blade' in.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Though you can get a finger in the "gaps" of said showcased pyramid

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

THAT was Awesome!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Nice!

Great Post

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I had a couple of friends who visited Egypt. They said the pyramids were approximately 14 stories in height! They both couldn't grasp the thought that ancient Egyptians could build such structures considering the immense height and the block tonnage used to build them.

I was wondering if they allowed visitors to climb these pyramids? It sounds kind of dangerous considering the height. I would think their would be some hefty liability if someone accidently fell during their climb.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: XstReturnsX

Worth a lifetime banning imfao. Some see the pyramids and some CLIMB the pyramids.

originally posted by: Akragon

Though you can get a finger in the "gaps" of said showcased pyramid

Idiots have been saying you can't get razors in the perfect joints. Alienzzz. You can dangle a foot in most of them heheh

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

10,000 years ago you couldn't do that, they've worn down a bit since then. But excommunicating the guy from going to Egypt again ever? I don't agree with that policy. That's severe. He might have to change his name and get contacts if he wants to go back again. That's unfortunate. We already have to pay just to live on the Planet we were born into, but this, nope. Unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

They should have tourists sign a liability agreement, along with the disallowance of climbing the Pyramids, so then if someone does get injured, the only one liable for their injuries are themselves.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I had a couple of friends who visited Egypt. They said the pyramids were approximately 14 stories in height! They both couldn't grasp the thought that ancient Egyptians could build such structures considering the immense height and the block tonnage used to build them.

I was wondering if they allowed visitors to climb these pyramids? It sounds kind of dangerous considering the height. I would think their would be some hefty liability if someone accidently fell during their climb.

Yeah, they don't even like people touching them, let alone climbing them. THere's usually armed guards around the perimeter to chase off tourists who start climbing. Not many people will ignore an angry Egyptian security guard with an AK-47 yelling at you to get off there.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

That's why I posted the other video. To see Chephren from above.

The videos are great ways to see the reality of pyramids and the total lack of gaps "you can't get a razor blade' in.

Yeah because the pyramids haven't suffered any wanton destruction, natural weather erosion or earthquakes and such since the 4000 years or so that they were built?
In other words how they appear today isn't how they looked when they originally constructed.
Also with some blocks at the base you can't fit a piece of paper between the joints.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

They won't even let you touch them? They can't be too delicate considering some of those stones weigh 60 ton. I guess you would have to be mentally unstable to ignore an Egyptian security guard with an AK-47.

new topics

top topics

join