It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: Full Censorship Now Official Courts Rewrite History

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
That is why America's founding fathers were incredibly wise.

You can see what happens in a Europe that isn't protected by the Bill of Rights.

No freedom of speech, no guns and no protection.

You have less freedoms in the U. S, the only thing you have more of is guns, and in case you haven't noticed its only Americans who want to walk around with guns everywhere they go.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm an American. I don't walk around with a gun, or own one, actually. Not sure about the less freedom part, hell yes to the 2nd, and God bless ze German blondes of our world.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i could easily see this coming 10 years ago, human rights are only surviving on borrowed time in the west and it's inevitable that america will become isolated as one of the only free states on earth once again. hopefully we don't follow along this path too.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Put it this way they get a month's payed holidays at the end of each year with another months pay thrown in so they can go on a holiday with the money... That's just one of many freedoms enjoyed there.

There plenty more, read up on it you may be rather surprised.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I own my own company. I have more freedom to do what I want when I want than most Germans or Americans will ever know.

Government can keep the $, they need it more.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I am not for government censorship like this. However, I am for sites like Facebook flagging news that is based on factually incorrect information, and I am for websites that specialize in calling out disinformation campaigns, and I myself participate on ATS by researching and debunking false claims or completely unsubstantiated stories.

Even so, this particular censorship covers "libel, slander, defamation or incitement."

Libel - a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.

Slander - the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

Incitement - the action of provoking unlawful behavior or urging someone to behave unlawfully.

Defamation - the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.

Source: Google Dictionary

I can see why this would annoy some people, as it throws the whole alt-right playbook in the garbage. But is it possible the internet would be a better place without this sort of thing?
edit on 21pmSat, 21 Oct 2017 21:09:11 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 21pmSat, 21 Oct 2017 21:11:54 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 21pmSat, 21 Oct 2017 21:12:19 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

You personally may not carry a gun and be financially Successful running your own company , but you are in the minority of Americans.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, you believe that a majority of business owners carry guns?
edit on 21pmSat, 21 Oct 2017 21:11:10 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

How did gun carrying/owning become tied to this topic exactly and why??

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

As a perpetuator of fake news I can see why you'd have a problem with this.

For a more lame-stream view of this:

How do you stop fake news? In Germany, with a law.

Already, a few fake news reports have emerged in Germany. One falsely alleged that a German girl of Russian descent was raped last year by asylum seekers. Repeated by high-level Russian officials, the reports seemed aimed at Merkel’s open-door policy for refugees.

Germany approves plans to fine social media firms up to €50m

The German justice minister, Heiko Maas, who was the driving force behind the bill, said: “Freedom of speech ends where the criminal law begins.” Maas said official figures showed the number of hate crimes in Germany increased by more than 300% in the last two years.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Just out of curiosity, you believe that a majority of business owners carry guns?

No, I just think a good many people in America really like guns and like carrying them around.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

How did gun carrying/owning become tied to this topic exactly and why??

I have no idea, must be the drugs I'm on.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal I am a left leaning person and I prob have more weapons than you. Just because I don't vote right does not make me a wussy. Please read up on party lines and then get back to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed I love my weapons but I never carry them on me. It is my belief that carrying weapons will create a problem before it solves one. Leave the carrying to the pros and just have a knife. Simple as that. I am not worried about the police shooting me and if someome is there is a problem.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust. If all the people keep bashing our government policies with twisted versions, I can see that happening here. I am not sure if the MSM is actually twisting things to make this happen, our MSM has always been the propaganda power in this country. Is all the twisting actually planned by our government so they can take away our freedom of speach here in America, a concoction of some think tank?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany and has been since forever.
Is that full censorship aswell?
Good for the Germans

Far right wingers,or any hateful group for that matter, shouldn't have a platform to spread their fake propaganda.
They can always migrate to US where nazis have free speech and the current president thinks they are good people

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: seasonal I am a left leaning person and I prob have more weapons than you. Just because I don't vote right does not make me a wussy. Please read up on party lines and then get back to me.

"# of weapons" means nothing when it comes to political affiliation, and I refuse to get into some weird "# of weapons" slick measuring contest.

I did not infer anyone was a "wussy", just the left is goose stepping toward fascism.

What is reading up on party lines is supposed to do?

edit on 21-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

LOL

Must be some good sh*t.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
According to the criminal code in Germany (Strafgesetzbuch), one cannot deny the holocaust, disparage the federal president, or insult faiths. There never was free speech in Germany.
edit on 21-10-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

You really need to stop focusing on the Left as being the movement toward Fascism. Not because they aren't a part of it, but because right now they have very little political power to institute anything. All they can do is resist when possible.

The Right is in charge under Trump and Republican control and they've joined forces with Wall St., Corporate Giants and the Christian Right. They have the sympathy of White Nationalists and Supremacists and other far Right Radical groups and most important the Military Industrial Complex and Civil Law Enforcement. That is an unholy alliance that is being strengthened and unleashed upon the world and would bring a form of imperialism and despotism and fascism nobody with any sense of sanity wants to see.

Meanwhile you're worried about some young college SJW's and a party who currently couldn't find their ass if it had a bell on it. That's not to say the Left isn't a problem. But both Right and Left have embraced the Corporate Ideals of NeoLiberal Politics allowing Corporate Power to Dismantle Government Protections and Authority.

Every single person regardless of partisan lean needs to stop dividing across some imaginary philosophical party line and instead join together for the sake of basic human survival at this point. If we don't we're going to see a world owned by Private Interests controlling all aspects of Government Rule who wields a Military Force that can wipe the planet clean of all who might oppose it.

It's time we stop looking and labeling Americans and People in general with scarlet letters of R or L and see past those masks to the truth, that is what we're seeing is ourselves. Just People, like ourselves, who face a great tyranny alone or together.
edit on 21-10-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join