It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England, France and other countries plan to ban gasoline engines

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am surprised I haven't seen anything about this on here. I would think that with the overabundance of conservatives here that any threat to the energy industry and to the American muscle car and truck tradition would raise a lot of interest. I don't know if I support completely banning combustion engines, although if you look at who profits from the oil industry, it really is mostly bad people- the middle east and western CEO's for the most part who certainly don't need any more money or influence over our world.

money.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
I am surprised I haven't seen anything about this on here. I would think that with the overabundance of conservatives here that any threat to the energy industry and to the American muscle car and truck tradition would raise a lot of interest. I don't know if I support completely banning combustion engines, although if you look at who profits from the oil industry, it really is mostly bad people- the middle east and western CEO's for the most part who certainly don't need any more money or influence over our world.

money.cnn.com...

Never been to Europe but I've heard diesel is the dominant fuel there anyways. Fine with me.

It drops the demand for gas and keeps ours cheaper.....

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Not sure why you think American conservatives should care about things in England or France.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...

I as a conservative love it. Let Europe experiment with alternatives on their dime instead of ours and more gas for us.

Win / Win

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Somebody started a thread about the British decision, a while back, but it would take time to track it down.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
There is a slow creep of area's becoming urbanised where "all" traffic is banned or restricted, Oxford Street which is the main shopping street in London if not the country is going to be vehicle free in the near future and many towns are looking at creating a "mini Holland" type schemes even when it has proven to be a waste of time and money.. (It really needs it's own thread)...

I guess we have to see what the lobbyist are doing within the alternative fuel arena to gauge what the near future holds, no doubt companies like Tesla will have a major interest in the decline in use of fossil fuel..

Regarding Diesel, in the UK you are onto a lost to nothing if you own a Diesel vehicle, there is almost a war against them at present in that they are trying to tax them off the road,

www.buyacar.co.uk...

I guess the question is once the tech is so readily available how will the Oil producers and their puppets justify it's on going use?, sure alternative energy has been sabotaged for years (numerous stories regarding this) but that has to come to a end at some point the world is far to well connected to hide stuff like they did decades ago.

I guess if there was to be another major war it very well may be to do with countries "not" continuing to use fossil fuel..

RA

edit on 21-10-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Not sure why you think American conservatives should care about things in England or France.
Absolutely! It's not like they are beholden to any oil companies whose lifeblood is the global cost per barrel!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I was thinking the same thing.

Europe can do what they want as long as they don't try to bring it over here across the pond. It should keep our gas prices down and extend supplies.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

They're giving the motor industry something like 20 years notice to start production of exclusively hybrid or electric engines. With the way things are going it would have happened anyway.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...

Not all conservatives like gasoline enigines or oil companies..typical narrowminded thinking but if this is true it's great news..

People that consider themselves conservative may only be labled that because they might be anti abortion and that's about it...if your a person and you disagree with some ideals of the democrats you are either a conservative or the alt right..reason being because certain people can't fathom the idea of someone subscribing to both sides..it becomes to confusing and in their eyes unacceptable...sort of like nazi germany...you are with us or against thinking..

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
While I would miss the rumble of Harleys and the roar of Jap 4's I think that when electric cars/bikes have a properly usable range and performance to match, then it'll be an easy switch to make.

The acceleration of some electric cars is already better than that of the hot hatches the boy racers scream about in.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This funny. Seems like everybody likes the idea!

Liberals love it because it's a big step toward cleaning up the environment and ridding ourselves of dependence on fossil fuels and their evil purveyors.

Conservative love it because it means that there will be more for us to use. And the prices will stay low.

-dex

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

While I would miss the rumble of Harleys and the roar of Jap 4's I think that when electric cars/bikes have a properly usable range and performance to match, then it'll be an easy switch to make.

I bet there will be a lot of people who will outfit their quiet electrically powered rigs with massive sound systems to simulate the old rumble and roar.

Come to think of it. That sounds like a good business to be getting into right now...

-dex

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I did read that the Harley ones have "augmented sound" but I do like the knight rider type whine of the electrics

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hate to tell you but California is already considering a ban on sale of fossil fuel vehicles after 2030.

As goes California, so goes the rest of the junkyard.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

They're giving the motor industry something like 20 years notice to start production of exclusively hybrid or electric engines. With the way things are going it would have happened anyway.

Ya. It will happen in the U.S. anyway. Already being considered. And why not? It will be an eventual change, and shouldn't hurt too badly.

We'll have the chants "w'R keepin' R cars!" Along with the gun chants. heh.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Not just Europe though, I don't think. California is looking to phase out gas engines as well. No idea if it'll happen, or what the time-table might be.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I fail to see how this has to do with concervatives in the United States. (though I'm not one, so I guess I don't get it).

But everyone should want to be able to have energy independence. That would mean the money would stay in the country consuming the energy as opposed to supporting dictatorships.

And the environment wins.

Win for everyone except oppressive regimes.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Plains, Trains, Automobiles and Boats you say ...So much for the Russian pipelines eh .

edit on 21-10-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'd favor magic carpets over oil any day of the week.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join