It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will Release Kennedy Assassination Files

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: underwerks

One thing I don't expect is the government to incriminate itself

That is really the only reason to not release it all.

Technology from that decade wouldn't be anything breaking that we wouldn't have now. Most people involved are no longer under a threat and they could be blanked out anyways.

Exposing the inner workings of gov't would not be shocking in todays world nor a big secret too our enemies.

The only thing it could do at worst is confirm what many have known and possibly cause a revolt against the MIC and other big players.

I think it probably has more to do with the names involved than anything else. Notice the entirety of the Trump tweet:

[exSubject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

Note the bolded part. Some of these names may still be around. Trump may get some information soon that will make him either not release or have the files heavily redacted. Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: craig732

originally posted by: Trueman
all people mentioned must be dead by now.

I bet George HW Bush is mentioned.... but if he is it will be redacted

His son won't be able to cover him now.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I think that's very unlikely. The release was already pushed back before. The government would need an extremely good reason to do so again and simply articulating that reason would likely divulge what they're trying to hide in the first place.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Actually this was set up to release on Oct 26, 2017 way back in 1992 under Bush Sr. Trump is 'releasing the records' because, yesterday, Trump halted the release out of a newfound concern for the intelligence community's safety.

Or in other words, long enough for people to think he was responsible for the release.

Or to spell it out, this is Trump yet again trying to take credit for doing something he didn't do, and isn't actually doing.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't expect too much, anything key will have been "lost"

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Actually this was set up to release on Oct 26, 2017 way back in 1992 under Bush Sr. Trump is 'releasing the records' because, yesterday, Trump halted the release out of a newfound concern for the intelligence community's safety.

Or in other words, long enough for people to think he was responsible for the release.

Or to spell it out, this is Trump yet again trying to take credit for doing something he didn't do, and isn't actually doing.

Quoted for the truth. Trump is doing nothing, and what little he has done interfered with a long-planned release, but now he is "going to allow" it so he gets all the RW conspiracy karma points. In the end though what does it matter, it'll be CIA memos and reports and redacted to hell and back and it will all be designed to corroborate the same song and dance they've been pushing for the past 50 years.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Trump wins again!

Swamp - 0

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The Senior Agent in Charge in Dallas that day is still alive. You know him as President George HW Bush.

Here’s the thing. I don’t like Trump and I didn’t vote for him. I didn’t vote for $hillary either but all we have to do is take a look at JFK Jr’s decision to publicly announce that he was going to put the men who killed his Dad on blast. Shortly afterwards, they killed him. While I don’t agree with Trump on anything, it makes me nervous for him. I think that releasing those files will put a sitting President in danger. I’d like to see him removed from office but I don’t want him to die and the people responsible for JFK have already proved they are capable of assassinating a President. If it puts him at risk of bodily injury, he should halt the release. Knowing the truth about a 50+ year old crime won’t bring him back and those responsible, minus HW, have most likely passed. Nothing good can come from it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
It'll never happen. If it does it will look like this:

Mr. _____ was _______ on _________ at approx. ________ when he _______ ________. ________ also _________ the ______ and ________ was _________ at _________ _________ street.

I certify the above testimony to be factual and has not been made under duress.
_______ ________
_______ ________

In that case, they should call it Mad Lips: Declassified.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Wow, this are great news for conspiracy theorists. I hope the text of those documents are not covered with black marker. Anyway, all people mentioned must be dead by now.

That's one reason why they're getting released, as for the other, it's a political move aimed at some "conspiracy theorists", Trump admin obviously thinks this sweetener will prove advantageous at a future date

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The Senior Agent in Charge in Dallas that day is still alive. You know him as President George HW Bush.

Here’s the thing. I don’t like Trump and I didn’t vote for him. I didn’t vote for $hillary either but all we have to do is take a look at JFK Jr’s decision to publicly announce that he was going to put the men who killed his Dad on blast. Shortly afterwards, they killed him. While I don’t agree with Trump on anything, it makes me nervous for him. I think that releasing those files will put a sitting President in danger. I’d like to see him removed from office but I don’t want him to die and the people responsible for JFK have already proved they are capable of assassinating a President. If it puts him at risk of bodily injury, he should halt the release. Knowing the truth about a 50+ year old crime won’t bring him back and those responsible, minus HW, have most likely passed. Nothing good can come from it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Trump is a genius at playing to his base.

Feedem a bowl of BS, call it covfefe and they spoon it down.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Every time the Kennedy files are mentioned, it reminds me of when President Trump told an interviewer this Spring that the United States is "not so innocent".

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So my wifi LHOWASFRAMED will be relevant again????

-Alee

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Subject to the receipt of further information, I will be allowing, as President, the long blocked and classified JFK FILES to be opened.

thehill.com...

Wow, this are great news for conspiracy theorists. I hope the text of those documents are not covered with black marker. Anyway, all people mentioned must be dead by now.

But he left himself an out "Subject to the receipt of further information..."

Forgive me for not believing this - until I actually see it.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I'd actually like Trump to do a lot more in terms of declassifying information - he has the power declassify EVERYTHING apart from classified documents covered by the atomic energy act.

I suspect what he could declassify brings with it a lot of leverage.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: elementalgrove

The problem I've found with declassified files is they never tell you what you want to hear and if they do that part is redacted.
I'm pretty sure the mystery will persist well after the release of these files.

I agree , most times they do not tell you what you want to here

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Just so everyone is on the same page...

Trump is not releasing this stuff because he thought of the idea.

He is doing it because Congress passed a law in 1992 that said that everything should be released in 25 years. The exception being stuff that compromises the security of still ongoing operations, expose intelligence sources or methodology, that sort of thing.

That is the 'subject to further information' part of Trumps statement - subject to further information about what might still be too hot to release.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I wonder if trump is hoping there is something worthy of scandal within those files that will direct a lot of flak towards the FBI?

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Interesting to see what will be revealed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join