It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Presidential Executive Order Amending EO 13223

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think that's it. If it were an issue of volunteers to have enough manpower, our draft dodging President could just bring back the draft.

It has to be something else.

The double standards are shocking to me from people who pretend to give a damn.

Clinton was a draft dodger and Bush was shameful in his service, I wouldn't invoke Draft dodging here if it was my statement to make.

Many have served respectfully and the liberals have publicly despised their service. You can't have it both ways the rest of us can't allow it.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was at Fort Campbell one time, got a call from my OIC.

He said, "I know you have every right to say no, but I really need you at Fort Carson for a month".

I said, "Thank you. I really must refuse this time because I have birthday's and an anniversary and life to get back to".

He coughed and said, "I already booked your flight and called billeting. They'll be expecting you on Monday."

All I could say was, oh rah.

Volun-told.

Hey that happens in the Civi world too.. I get that from time to time these days too..

My one order that I will share was the time the Col took me to his favorite Restaurant and told me I was going to drink a beer or two!!

Best order ever received.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Is that the plan for the next 20 years? Keep calling up old geezers cause the young figured out this war is unwinnable.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Is that the plan for the next 20 years? Keep calling up old geezers cause the young figured out this war is unwinnable.

The real idea is seasoned veterans are of value.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You need people while you fix the problem.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sure. I think I will believe the lessons of history. When you have to put your old in wars, it's the end. Thank God we have laws against drafting children.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sure. I think I will believe the lessons of history. When you have to put your old in wars, it's the end. Thank God we have laws against drafting children.

Threats to our way of life don't really use age demographic limiting techniques.

Anyone who has ever been in the service knows what they would do and remains silently compliant.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
President Trump will soon reinstate McCain to scrub toilets.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
Great way to SILENCE retired generals and vets who are critical of Trump.

Active duty can't be critical of their commander in chief.

or just for fun lets go on the flip side, maybe its so he can call back all the good military leaders the previous admin got rid of
its fun playing partisan politics.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

OMG ... that is brilliant!

I really like the idea of getting rid of McCain like that. McCain is much worse than Trump (more anti-American, pro-Global).

It could be worth getting him out like that. It is taking too long for 'nature's term limit' to do the job!

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

And to think, I actually once voted for McCain for President.

How embarrassing is it for me to admit that now? *ugh*

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
LOL SMPL...hahaha....SOunds great I'm all for it...let the fun continue...how much more messed

can everything get???

I suppose they will be many vets activating and then getting shut

down if they protest being called on for their expertise and experience in a covert/overt insurrection/infidelity show your true colors kind of let all the bull# out and then if POTUS administration wants to shut down said individuals for being dangerous or unconstitutional on individual basis then they could????

I don't get it totally so I will actually have to research now instead of spin more poppy cock....Will all the skilled VETs please stand up...please stand up....if your a shill...I will get you to spill and SHut you down....shut you down...hahahaha lol smpl...Too Good!
edit on 07/01/2017 by LostGods because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I did 30 years and retired 5 years ago. But if Trump called me back I would jump at the chance. I am 54 years old now though...I doubt a recall would apply to me.
edit on 23-10-2017 by Assessor because: Grammer

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Bravo and thank you for your service! This is honor!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

All I could ever say is thank you, because of you, and you all....We get to do what we are doing right now. As for me I am enjoying a nice cup of coffee, so for that thank you again! =]

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Oh I know how that goes, buddy. A good friend of mine's dad was an O-6 in Navy Intelligence. He was back in uniform pretty quick after 9-11, and it was exactly like you said: it was a "request" in name only.

I was an officer. (Don't say a god-damned word, I was enlisted before!

Half human ain't so bad, I suppose.

LMAO, thanks I needed the laugh today

Grim
edit on 23/10/2017 by Grimmley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It happened to me after Nine-Eleven.

I swore an oath.

If they need an old, fat, grey-haired (not all bald) old man to work, then I work.

I did take my oath seriously, and if my spot takes the place of my son(s) or some one else's, then all the better.

I'm old.

I've lived my life.

I'll take a bullet.

I dont respect many but you sir, just earned my respect!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wonder if this has to do with NOT being able to get people to come back voluntarily? I know quite a few 20-25 year retired military and they all say the same thing. Thank god I got out before the PC got to where it is. Some of them could have made quite a bit of money as 'civilian contractors' but could not stand the fact of how the Armed Services have progressed in the last 8-10 years. SME's are needed in every job field. In the military, as like other jobs, there are thing you can only learn in the real world. All problems are not 1-2-3. Sometimes they are 1-4-3-5-2-6-7. If there is a person who does not know that instance it is lost.

Let me put it this way. My son is in boot for the Navy right now week 4. They started with 95 SR's and are down to 82. Kids these days cannot hack a simple 8 week ( and I say that compared to other service lengths and changed over the years)

I think everyone should do 2 mandatory.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
All problems are not 1-2-3. Sometimes they are 1-4-3-5-2-6-7. If there is a person who does not know that instance it is lost.

All problems can be solved with sorting.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join