It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cub Scout Booted from Den for Asking State Senator Tough Questions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
Anything respectable, good, wholesome, moral or Godly, they will destroy. Should tell you who we are dealing with here.

Reptilians?

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Leads to"...?

They had their first meeting over the summer man. I can't even keep up with the radicalization.

That's the way it goes. I was raised in a good Republican household. My parents were gun-lovin' Reaganites. I hit high school, heard Rage Against the Machine and *boom* turned into a long-haired slacker stoner commie.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I don't want to tell the BSA or that den specifically how to do their thing.

If the Senator did not want to answer difficult questions, then don't ask for questions. Inevitably there will be difficult ones. And so what? When isn't the Senator on the clock during a term?

Did the scout's mother write the question for him? I don't know but it sounds like it. That is an issue for that family I guess. I would not put my child in that position unless it was fully his decision and he understood the consequences.

I would think the BSA wants this type of behavior from its kids. Courage.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWaterC1
a reply to: NerdGoddess

As an Eagle Scout I would recommend the BSA to any family. Recently Scouting, like everything else, has been politicized. However Scouting is still very healthy and true to the American Spirit. If there's options for Cub Dens in your area check out how they are ran before righting them off completely.

So this seems to be a individual group thing and he wasn't kicked out by BSA overall? Let me know if i misinterpreted that. Thank you for the advice. His dad was never in BSA, but I was in GSA, I just never recalled anyone getting kicked out. Not that it didn't have it's own issues

-Alee

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY
I would not put my child in that position unless it was fully his decision and he understood the consequences.

This is also how I feel. Kids brains and minds are just so fresh and new, it's nice to let them have and form their own opinions, even if they change drastically over time.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Unless it's something wholly egregious you can leave any pack or troop and join another at-will.

I know a fella that got busted falsifying his achievements in an effort to get his Eagle Scout, he got kicked out of my troop and joined another one because they were willing to give him a chance, then got himself kicked out of that one too.

Outside of really serious issues that have to go up to District or Council, the troops and packs are fairly autonomous.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Unless it's something wholly egregious you can leave any pack or troop and join another at-will.

I know a fella that got busted falsifying his achievements in an effort to get his Eagle Scout, he got kicked out of my troop and joined another one because they were willing to give him a chance, then got himself kicked out of that one too.

Outside of really serious issues that have to go up to District or Council, the troops and packs are fairly autonomous.

Thank you! I'm sure my kid won't be perfect, but I think ever mom just wants their kids to have a good chance at things, even if it's an extracurricular. Good to know there's forgiveness somewhere.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No problem.

Shop around is the best advice I can give. When I was in Scouts my pack and troop were pretty hands-off with the parents level of involvement. So is the pack I have my kids in.

Others have a higher level of involvement by parents.

Just depends on what kind of fit you think works best for both of you.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Those questions were pre-selected by the mom and fed to the kid.

My son was an Eagle Scout. Trust me, parents control those meetings and each troop is very different from another.
Our first troop was full of macho men shouting at the boys and cursing and putting them down. The parents were hands off and usually never attended the meetings so didn't really care. Didn't take long to know we wanted a different experience for our son.

Next troop leaders were caring, nurturing teaching types. My son learned great leadership and problem solving skills that help him to this day. The parents were expected to be involved and no disputes would be accepted.

Parents as leaders make all the difference.

It's a shame this boy has a mom using her kid for her political purposes. Unfortunately, he's paying the price. Her politics should not be his concern at 10 years old; he has enough to deal with.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I agree with the majority on that it was a ridiculous act that the mom did
However , why not ban the mom from future events and not exclude the scout ? He was not responsible .

edit on 10/20/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
It's a sad day in America when the Boy Scouts trashes the Constitution.

BSoA is legally classified as a private organization, I'm fairly certain. They've got freedom of association, and this was minor child. They're not trashing the constitution. Unless their status has changed in the last couple decades, they were within their rights as a private membership organization to limit speech as they see fit.

Even if they were a public entity, it's still minor child. If they can cite inflammatory language; which they can, because of the emotionally manipulative, frightening description of someone beating his wife in conjunction with the idea of such a person being allowed his constitutional right to own a firearm (the irony is unbelievable here) and putting that type of imagery into the minds of other children who may not be able to emotionally handle things like that, they have every right to block that child's limited first amendment speech.

You've got a parent who is not only OK with putting violent adult imagery into her own child's mind, but those of other people's children too, in an attempt to score political points. Specifically, to incite fear and horror in other to support the agenda of revoking the constitutional rights of certain select American citizens. Teaching those children that it's OK to trash the constitution if it serves an agenda. Knowing that it was inflammatory and inappropriate for that type of venue. And playing the victim when they put a stop to it while, incredibly, whining about first amendment rights.

I wonder how much time passed between the ousting and her contacting the media. I'm thinking not much.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

But what lesson are we trying to teach kids

That anything not conservative is bad? What happened to all the talk about liberty??

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Kali74

a reply to: Kali74

Maybe. But in the meantime, he likes my boots.

That reminds me, I got you a nice pair for hot days.

I was thinking of something a little more masculine.

Wow, I wouldn't want to dance anywhere near those boots... lol

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join