It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much alternative media has a hidden agenda? Including ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
I am compensated with expensive fish eggs and Russian nesting dolls to say nice things about Putin.

I need a better gig.

All I get are Gilligan's Island reruns and furbies from Kim Jung Un for advocating to bring Night Rider back.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zacherystaylor

when too many trolls trash a string with incredible garbage it suppresses rational discussion.

That is exactly what happened in those threads, and some of it was so sensationally wrong, it got totally out of control. I was glad not to have to observe behavior like that again on this site, and glad it was all sequestered. I think it was for everyone's own good. Just my 2c

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

yes :p

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Now, this is a good thread.

Though we can't be sure about a certain alphabet agency derailing threads (at a minimum, as you said), but there is at least one thing that is definitely going on.

Zoom out: the vast majority of the threads and discussions are distractions, inane hogwash, useless speculations, clueless accusations, etc. That's the same sh%t that is spewed on us either by the MSM or the "famous conspiracy theorists":
Leftists/Transgenders/Rightwingers/Elections/Trump's Tweets/Our Great Patriots and Vets/Guns Guns Guns/National Anthem/Nibiru/Masons/Greys/Angels/God/Apocalypse/Mandela/...

Does anybody see the freaking pattern?

THEY decide what your head is going to be loaded with. THEY decide what you are going to discuss.

They create a story or perform an action. Then you are loaded with it. You will invest your time, energy, attention, emotions to the story or a freaking set of stories. Then you will share it, express your freaking important opinion, discuss it in the way it was designed to be discussed. That's it. Repeat ad infinitum.

There's no dire need to have a special CIA department to derail "conspiracy" site's threads as long as THEY can SH%T RIGHT INTO OUR HEADS like 24/7 since the day we were born. I mean, our minds are so utterly busy with the superficial sh%t that there is a miniscule possibility for us to think and act out of the box.

Meanwhile, you miss some things and questions that (probably or apparently - you decide) are much more important.
Like, IDK:
"Who am I?",
"What is my belief system and why?",
"What is my value system and why?"
"Am I able to separate 'my own' wishes and desires from my ego's?"
"What would I do if I knew my next breathe could be the last one?"
"What makes me think the way I do?"

Or, less personal:
"Why the heck we discuss the stories they sell?"
"Why do we invest so much energy in it?"
"What are the real issues they want to be hidden and substituted by the sold ones?"
"We've been divided. Again and again and again. How come? What we're going to do with that?"
"Is there any real valuable information we can share? Not opinions, but knowledge, educational technologies, mind cleansing technologies, etc."

That's just my observation.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Excellent observation.

Dividing the people.
Providing, and/or promoting distractions.
Controlling the narrative.

Whether or not it's three-letter agencies, doesn't get at the underlying idea of the observable realizations, that there are strings being pulled.
Has anyone ever seen an abuser out-themselves, and admit their wrongdoing, without getting caught first?
Our string pullers will probably never admit it as well. Which is why all we have is objective observation, and few provable facts.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: dashen
I am compensated with expensive fish eggs and Russian nesting dolls to say nice things about Putin.

I need a better gig.

All I get are Gilligan's Island reruns and furbies from Kim Jung Un for advocating to bring Night Rider back.

I guess you applied for the wrong program. "They" feed me acid at breakfast. I haven't worked out if it's in the cereal or the milk but it must be one of the two. My day just flies by, then it goes slow, then it speeds up again...

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Agreed that they employ trolls to confuse issues and make debate seem like a bitter argument not worth following, although I'm not so sure about switching to spiritual world, what ever that might mean.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Good to know; BTW I'm Santa Clause

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yea wayback machines and other Bots openly admit to collecting all data on the internet but computers can't process all of it. Some of it has to be reviewed by people that think it through. Unfortunately they haven't been willing to abandon their irrational ideologies or undisclosed objectives.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

This trolling tactic is very effective and difficult to fully solve. I don't want all the trolling anymore than others but to be honest, I can't keep track of how they solve it or if they suppressed some good views while stopping troll. I hope someone else was able to do a better job tracking that than me. My 2c makes that 4c

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Yea most of the highest profile conspiracy theorists make an enormous amount of blunders, so do the so-called skeptics, especially the self described ones like Michael Shermer or John Nichols, who only use scientific methods when it suits their own beliefs.

Most of the best research is from sources that most never hear of but they usually only cover a limited subject matter that they focus on. Sometimes people have to sort through an enormous amount of research to figure things out, and there are few if any that do the work for us, but even if there were we would still have to fact check them.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You need to look at the sites like Alex Jones and see how he and others at the same time went from alternative conspiracy sites to alt-right bigoted sites around about the same time as Trump’s advent.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

You need to look at the sites like Alex Jones and see how he and others at the same time went from alternative conspiracy sites to alt-right bigoted sites around about the same time as Trump’s advent.

Bigotry, like beauty, is often just in the mind of the partisan beholder who disagrees with the political views he criticises as bigoted. Your bias against Trump makes you think Jones's site became bigoted because he supported Trump. The pot should not call the kettle black.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Judging by the content the last few years,I doubt they would need to infiltrate on this site,judging by the rediculous post's,I see a majority of the posts,as slander to conservatives that lack any truth other then some quote from and not worthy sort,this is no different from Facebook or Twitter now,gotten bigger and has gotten worse

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Many branches of the government employ trolls on social media platforms.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71de534798f2.jpg[/atsimg]

This thread is worth checking out:
Look no further~ The Gentleperson's Guide To Forum Spies

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

If you kindly scanned over amids the pieces on conspiracy as such and such, Kriss O'Connery Andersen is needed in Scottish regimental husbandry as wanted and haunted by the band of militia. It is a passage of a new investigation to finish this and start with that.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I've tried Prison Planet on a few occasions although I haven't been there in a while. Some of it was pretty good, better than some of what came from Jones even at that time; but there was plenty of people as bigoted as Jones and that was before Trump began his campaign, although he might have been ranting about Barack's birth certificate at the time.

Jones was an irrational conspiracy theorists most of the time but once in a while, although I don't seek him out he's been more credible than the establishment one one or two issues.

There have been conspiracy theories about him working for the CIA as well, although I haven't reviewed them that closely.

He's supporting his site with ads from dietary supplements the last I heard. One of the things I speculated about is the possibility that if Philip Corso did share alien technology with the government and corporations including Monsanto it could have including using us for research purposes, and some of that could be done with the help of Big Pharma or the sellers of dietary supplements.

Is Alex Jones part of a conspiracy to promote them for research purposes? Wild speculation, perhaps, but I don't completely rule it out without close fact checking.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Thanks recognizing these tactics can help minimize them but it's virtually impossible to eliminate their effectiveness completely.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The 17 techniques for truth suppression is also on that link. They are crucial.

Also it is important to know the FBI is active against people categorized as opposing national interests.

COINTELPRO is still in operation today under a different code name. It is no longer placed on paper where it can be discovered through the freedom of information act.
The FBI counterintelligence program's stated purpose: To expose, disrupt, misdirect, discredit, and otherwise neutralize individuals who the FBI categorize as opposed to the National Interests. "National Security" means the FBI's security from the people ever finding out the vicious things it does in violation of people's civil liberties.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I've no suspicion ATS is controlled by CIA or other entity, however being a forum based on ads when people post on here they're having their words resold and re-branded to other posters as entertainment. These major corporations are making billions globally by doing this on the billions of vbb's on the web, facebooks, youtubes, twitters etc... With such wealth comes power.

It's a bit disturbing how much people reveal about their innermost selves and personal lives given the context. Not that I haven't fallen into that trap myself.

The alternative media generally has more of an agenda. It doesn't abide by the basic moral and ethics codes that MSM are signed up to. Their agendas become evident when they break these codes to pursue stories or to peddle hate. Doesn't matter if left or right, they're all biased.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join