It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very naughty boy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
OK. It's Friday and I'm feeling funny and I want to mess with friends. One friend sent an app years ago telling everyone that he was about to start cage-fighting due to financial problems (with zero experience in fighting) and everyone, including me, believed him. Hilarity ensued.

I have now just sent an English language email to my Dutch friends telling them I have found God and will soon be joining a monastery. I can't wait for the reactions. Am I a bad guy...?

ETA For the love of God

edit on 20/10/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

There is a very popular theory God is a comedian playing to an audience who is too afraid to laugh. So morally, I think you are okay.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Possibly because comedy is based on laughing at another's misfortune. It IS still funny though and when you can't laugh at yourself you can't laugh at anyone.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: dfnj2015

Possibly because comedy is based on laughing at another's misfortune. It IS still funny though and when you can't laugh at yourself you can't laugh at anyone.

Schadenfreude

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

In English, revenge!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No your not. Only semi-naughty. Now if you told them you were going to become a mormon because you at least have 4 women who you like and the mormon faith allows you to marry them all. Then ask them for wedding gift ideas.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

In English, revenge!

The actual meaning is more diverse than that, but if that's your thing, then cool

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

T'was but a joke. As is this thread on a funny Friday. I'll do the Dutch

Schade = damage

Vreugde = joy

Oftewel, comedie!

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Good God Man! Here's me trying to have a light-hearted laugh on a Friday evening and you complicate things with multiple wives! Wherever are we going to hide all these wimmin?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have my first reply! Hook, line and sinker....

"Is this really what you want to do? Maybe you just lost track of things? I wish you the best but what is the planning? May I still come and visit you before you go?"

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Can I have all of your worldly possessions?

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

You may but be warned, my possessions are mainly empty beer cans and plastic containers. I have no gin!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I got my 2nd reply. No word about my recent conversion but he (a guy) did ask me if I could install his computer with windows. I told him he was welcome after I had done my morning prayers and an hour's meditation. LMAO

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

If I tried that telling my friends I was joining a nunnery they would laugh like hell! LOL

Steve Vai...OMG! Good stuff right there!!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you! Yanno, it's getting hard to keep a straight face, maintain the illusion and reply to these friends with the right level of devotion. One male friend asked me if it was "for real". With the tears pouring down my face (Whatsapp is good to avoid my face) I ask him what he thinks. His answer was: We're never sure with you.

That was the guy that convinced everyone he was cage-fighting. Now, all of a sudden, he wants to call me tonight after he finishes work. I don't know if I can remain serious approaching midnight. Wish me luck!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Honesty forces me to finish this thread truthfully.

After my announcement, one friend visited alone on what might have been a pretext but whatever. I can't lie in person. I was literally wetting myself. He seemed kinda relieved...

Out of the 4 friends, I ended up having to apologise to 2 of them and now 1 of them doesn't seem to be talking to me...

new topics

top topics

join