It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow of a UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: NightFlight

Not at that magnification.

It looks like a bird.

Think about it, a bird at 300 magnification would fill half the screen. The bird, or insect is earth bound, the shadow, in my opinion, was clearly on the moon, running from south to north, basically a lunar polar orbit. I stand by my opinion that it was a lucky capture of a shadow from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

The LRO's shadow

LRO Quick Facts
Duration: LRO has a one-year exploration mission followed by a possible three-year science mission.
Mass: The total mass at launch is 1,916 kilograms (4,224 pounds). The dry mass is 1,018 kilograms (2,244 pounds), and
fuel is 898 kilograms (1,980 pounds).
Power: Spacecraft power is 685 watts.
Dimensions: Stowed in the rocket (solar array and high-gain antenna folded up), LRO is 152 inches tall. LRO measures
103 inches from the instrument module to the stowed solar array and 108 inches from the stowed high-gain antenna to
Mini-RF antenna. After launch, LRO’s deployed solar array is 168 inches
×126 inches. The three panels together are 168 inches wide and extend out from the spacecraft 126 inches. The deployed high-gain antenna extends out 102 inches.

The trip to the moon will take approximately four days. LRO will then enter an elliptical orbit, also called the commissioning orbit. From there, it will be moved into its final orbit— a circular polar orbit approximately 50 kilometers (31 miles) above the moon’s surface.
LRO orbit period is 113 minutes (Lunar Polar Orbit).

So you think it's the shadow of the LRO dimensions above which is approx 31 above the surface and takes approx 113 mins to orbit the Moon do you see how stupid that idea is

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

originally posted by: wmd_2008
a reply to: NightFlight

Not at that magnification.

It looks like a bird.

Think about it, a bird at 300 magnification would fill half the screen. The bird, or insect is earth bound, the shadow, in my opinion, was clearly on the moon, running from south to north, basically a lunar polar orbit. I stand by my opinion that it was a lucky capture of a shadow from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter.

A bird or bat far enough away from the camera would not fill half of the screen.

Here is an example of a video of the moon with similar-looking objects as in the OP's video flying in front of it. These objects are very fast; some might birds and some might be bats. At the :38 mark, a bird flies from right to left across the center. To show that the object at the :38 mark was a bird, I provided two still frames (posted below the video) to show the bird's wings flapping (one image with wings up, one with wings down):

The OP's video was zoomed closer to the Moon, but you can see the relative size of the object in this video compared to the Moon is similar. The relative size would not change with greater magnification.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join