It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO / UAP in the rain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

It struck me, recently, while bumbling about outside in some failry dismal weather with heavy rain, that I had not really read many descriptions of UFO / UAP type phenomena being seen in rainy weather.

I have read a fair amount of reports over the years, where people see some pretty amazing things - or claim to see at least - but I have an impression that the phenomenon seems to prefer good weather in which to appear. A sentiment to which I cannot but agree, of course, but I still find it just the slightest bit peculiar.

There could be a number of reasons for this, I suspect. It could merely be that fewer people are about to observe it in rainy weather, or just that with poorer visiblity making any kind of observation in a heavy downpour is inherently difficult. But statistically, there should still be some, don't you think? The numerous USO reports should make it pretty clear that some of these things are not shy of water, so that can hardly be a factor, at least not in all cases.

I would be curious to know if you could point me to an encounter where the phenomenon is observed in rainy weather?

If there is indeed a statistically significant lack of appearance in rainy weather, or other kinds of "bad weather", then I would be curious to know why this might be?

And IF there are a good deal of solid observations in rainy weather, or high winds, then that might hold some clues as to what the phenomenon itself might be? I mean, a solid object would have water pouring of it in heavy rain. Perfectly stationary in high gusts of wind, would also be significant. Does it muck about in snow? Will the rain "hit it" or will it go through it?

So, do you have any recorded incidents of UAP/UFOs in the rain? Or otherwise severe weather conditions...?

Cheers,

BT

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Why would they want to fly around in dismal weather. Much better to just go over it. Much nicer views!

It is quite possible that they, like us do not like bad weather.

P

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Except for USO's, Unidentified Submerged Objects (Like Shag Harbour)...
nope.

Good thinking, why don't they 'like' rain?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Yes, of course. And I would agree with them/it, but nevertheless we do venture out in some pretty awful weather. Especially those of us that live in the more damp and cold areas of the world, because the alternative would be to sit inside.

And we do drive and fly our machines in the rain, quite frequently. Fauna is also not shy of a bit of a drizzle, so all in all they/it should be out there unless there is some peculiar reason why they are not. A-ha!

Pieces of the puzzle, and all that. I am sure there are someone more clever than me that has given this a lot of tought. Even the Project Bluebook people were very fond of the Weather, so this information shoud at least have been reported.

The only case I can think of is the Levelland UFO Case where there was some "light rain", but where it is unclear if it was actually raining as the phenomenon was experienced.

I think it is a bit peculiar.

BT

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

The alleged Roswell UFO is reported to have come down during a thunderstorm.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

It has been said, with some element of research, that the infamous Roswell UFO crash apparently happened on the night that there was a storm with lightning and, perhaps, early on in those appearances of the "flying saucer" UFOs, that the crash was caused by a lightning strike.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes, but it was never observed in the storm to my knowledge, was it?
It is the lack of observations in this kind of weather that I find curious.

I am not saying that there is no such observations, only that they seem to be few and far between.

It would also be interesting to observe how it moved and acted in windy and rainy conditions. Perfectly stationary in hight gusts of wind would pretty much rule out balloons and most drones, for instance.

Having rain interact with it (like pouring off it) would point to a physical "something".

I just find it a bit curious that there are no such details, especially with the amounts of rainy days in an average year.

It's alway dry and nice, for some reason. Or at least overcast, without much wind and rain.

BT

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The Berwyn Mountains UFO in 1974

It was hardly a storm just a typical windy, drizzly winter's night in North Wales.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Ah. Thanks. I'll look at that one :-)

BT

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I guess they are probably there to be seen, just that most people do not look up when it is raining. They are usually hurrying to get inside.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

You could be right, of course. And with poor visibility, that would also contribute to they not being seen.

However, I think it is a bit strange that there should not be more observations, regardless.

Roswell and Berwyn mountains are both alleged "crashes", and the Shag Harbour UAP disappeared after "sinking" according to some witnesses. Maybe it just dissolved, lol...

Could it be that the Movie "Signs" was right and they just melt if you spray them with water? :-D

That would be something... :-)

BT

new topics

top topics

join