It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Solar System in Motion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: wildespace

Pretty cool, so rather than "towing" all the planets behind it with its massive gravity as the tow cable, the sun has all the planets on some sort of crazy lasso, or bollos/slingshot(the old styled David vs Goliath slingshots), flinging the planets "up" and forwards ahead of it at times, and back behind and "below" the sun and galactic plane around again, at a crazy angle rather than exactly perpendicular (or parallel)to the galactic plane, and therefore, the sun's projected path way. Which of course we all knew, but for some reason it hadnt occured to me while watching the "vortex" *lol* video. Then again, neither did it occur to me that vortex was not the right word lol

Thank you for sharing bud 👍

You're welcome.

In the vacuum of space, there's no need to tow the planets as there's nothing holding them back. No friction, no air resistance. The Solar System formed out of a spinning disc of gas and dust (tilted at 60 degrees to the galactic plane), and the planets simply continue that motion.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Considering this... if we were to launch an endeavor to visit another system. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to fly in the opposite heading of our own system? As opposed to go in the same heading...? How does that work?

I mean... since we are moving in rotation with the entire galaxy, it would be logical that all other galaxies are moving the same way as us. So if we fly towards them, away from ourselves, we would reach them twice as fast as if we tried to chase them down...? I know... the scale is ridiculous... and ofcourse it completely based on the idea that we would have the tech to do so in the first place.

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

There are an even number of Sinister and Rectus galaxies.

The waves of the universe were mapped by the ancients and the signal reconstructed. Someone is singing. God was music to most early religions. And the world leaders are picked in junior high math class. No one else thought mapping patterns of the past could predict the future.. "Why do we need this stuff"

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

Also, they can’t really show the scale of the solar system on any two-dimensional surface we can see

So these are all pretty innacurate

top topics

<< 1   >>

join