It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29 states have legal pot. Jeff Sessions wants to stamp it out, and he's closer than you think

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I think my point was once the toxicology creates a problem it will change.

Concentrates are going to be a problem unless regulated. Which they have done already in many cases.

Except MA where they voted on legalization with next to zero planning.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It may already be there with edibles and concentates.

While I feel strongly that small amounts are safe for driving, I know large doses' especially in those who do not have a tolerance do cause motor and reaction time delays.

Tolerance is crucial though. It will tough to get fair a toxicology tests for cannabis. Now(at least in my state of Florida) if they find trace amounts in an accident you are automatically guilty. It does not matter if the last time one used was a month before the incident.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

It's not rocket science. You list the potency.

Same way I don't expect a beer to be 8 shots of vodka.

Colorado has done this, I don't know about others.

Also a legal limit on potency there.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

The rulers care not for their people.

I realize it's legal in NK I was making a poor joke, Kim with the nukes and sessions with the pot. It was funny in my head.

edit on 18-10-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It is labeled like that in Vegas....

The problem is figuring tolerance levels. If someone medicates daily, their background level will be much higher and will be ok to drive while someone who rarely 'self medicates' would be intoxicated on a much much lower dose and with much lower background levels in their system.

It is a tough problem to tackle...

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

As a consumer I sure want to know if I am going to Mars or juse loosing some elbow pain.

It's the same with alcohol to an extent. Once they have a decent road test for actual intoxication that would help.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

An intoxication test based on THC metabolites in ones blood is not fair to the long term user as the levels accumulate over time.

That is what I mean when I saw it is a tough problem.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I mean agility.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Personally I'm against legalization of marijuana. Medical use is OK, but not general public use.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zionist

So youre in favor of private prisons and their shareholders making money hand over fist on the backs of people convicted of minor cannabis related crimes all over a plant that's been used by humans for several thousand years now? A plant that has almost zero negative effects on the user while alcohol is readily available and has serious detrimental effects is abused.

Sorry, burnthat oremise is rather absurd to me. Places like Colorado for example, haven't seen any significant increases in crime yet are reaping the benefits of the taxes accused from their new industry. They've created tons of jobs, a new source of revenue for public works projects, new roads, new train system in Denver with plans to expand. I see far too many benefits to legalizing cannabis and no negatives. What an adult does to relax on their own time as long as it doesn't interfere with others, shouldn't be anybody else's business. And nobody should be in prison over a plant.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
T'is all about money.
This cat is not going back into the bag, way too late.
States that have legalized it now have it as a key account in their budgets.
The politics will protect it now.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think Sessions could benefit from some pot use.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: zionist

So youre in favor of private prisons and their shareholders making money hand over fist on the backs of people convicted of minor cannabis related crimes all over a plant that's been used by humans for several thousand years now? A plant that has almost zero negative effects on the user while alcohol is readily available and has serious detrimental effects is abused.

Sorry, burnthat oremise is rather absurd to me. Places like Colorado for example, haven't seen any significant increases in crime yet are reaping the benefits of the taxes accused from their new industry. They've created tons of jobs, a new source of revenue for public works projects, new roads, new train system in Denver with plans to expand. I see far too many benefits to legalizing cannabis and no negatives. What an adult does to relax on their own time as long as it doesn't interfere with others, shouldn't be anybody else's business. And nobody should be in prison over a plant.

Another misunderstood element is that of the 40 odd strains of hemp only 3 of them are psychoactive.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: zionist
Personally I'm against legalization of marijuana. Medical use is OK, but not general public use.

Nah, it’s good to have more mellow peace and love to balance out the angry aggro drunks. So much better than alcohol, tho a combination beer and pot is a pretty nice social blend. Alcohol to loosen up and pot to keep the conversation interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I hope you right.

Even if Sessions attempts to bring a federal crackdown on legal pot, it will be political suicide for him and Trump.

That said there are some big players out there who want marijuana to remain 100% illegal with draconian enforcement....of a freaking plant.

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

States that have legalized pot are making too much money to let a temporary Attorney General who's got his own ethical questions to answer for take it all away.

Trump, and his kids, are Trash !
Worst. 'president'. EVER !

posted on Oct, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TownCryer

Yes but only us peasants are making money off legal weed.

Corporate America is not and I think they are jealous. We all know who really has power in this country.

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think that if most people thought about it they would agree with me that we need to decriminalize the use and/or possession of all drugs not just Marijuana. The crime shouldn't be what you put into your body since it's your body. The crime needs to come in the way it does with alcohol. If you get drunk at home on a Saturday it hurts no one but you. The same applies to all drugs. It is a crime to drive under the influence of any drug or neglect your child so why is it such a big deal to keep so many drugs illegal? I think that the for profit prison system is the place to look for the answer.

posted on Oct, 22 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
What I find interesting, a poster can litter a reply with run-on sentences and the profligate use of commas...
...just simply murder the English language.
Just a heads up: a space is required after the use of a comma...

Wow, it's been a while since I've seen someone be a Grammar Nazi as an ad hominem response.
edit on 22-10-2017 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join