It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so whats all this about a new stargate show?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I came across some talk of a new show available online and all about the finding of the stargate back in the 30's?

I have been a fan for years but it can't work can it?

One thing it needs is the humour, without a Jack Oneil and his constant one liners or the cheesy stuff it will be god awful.

Who if anyone can keep it awesome yet silly at the same time?

My brother has always said that if he could have one thing removed from his memory it would not be the divorces or deaths but stargate sg1 so he could watch it again and enjoy it episode by episode.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
MacGyver? Or no MacGyver?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The episodes are going to be 10 mins long according to imdb. Not nearly long enough imo.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
MacGyver? Or no MacGyver?

Well it is apparently set back in the day of Catheryn Langford when they first dug up the gate back in the day so I would say no.....

But this is stargate so who knows what with all the time travel and parralel universes and stuff.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

www.stargatecommand.co is the official site.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

!st I heard of it.Isn't Anderson as old & fat as Steven Segaual now? My crazy wife love's that show so I will get stuck watching it.Thank you for heads up.s&f.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Excuse me, that’s two ‘ll’

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

My brother has always said that if he could have one thing removed from his memory it would not be the divorces or deaths but stargate sg1 so he could watch it again and enjoy it episode by episode.

That's exactly what I've been doing for a couple of weeks now. Going back and rewatching old shows that I loved, from the very first episode.
I've started with Stargate SG-1 and The X Files.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The "El Ray Network" shows 2 episodes of SG-1, and 2 episodes of Stargate Atlantis every weekday. I watch them daily... and I have both full series on DVD... my wife and I binge watch those in the winter when the snows block our satellite signal...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

Excuse me, that’s two ‘ll’

LOL! That was a always a big thing for him wasn't it? Good press, bad press; just make sure you spell my name right!

I loved that show. I was heartbroken when the series finally came to an end.

-dex

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
The "El Ray Network" shows 2 episodes of SG-1, and 2 episodes of Stargate Atlantis every weekday. I watch them daily... and I have both full series on DVD... my wife and I binge watch those in the winter when the snows block our satellite signal...

I like "El Ray Network". I catch a couple of episode a week when I can remember it's on. After the event in Vegas, they starting playing episodes of SG-1 back-to-back the entire day and night.

-dex

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
If it's based on a Stargate, I'm in ! I despised that one based on the ancient ship that had almost zero stargate.

As for Jacks humor, I could have kept watching Atlantis.. the interaction between Sheppard and McKay was just as funny.

10 min episodes though.. sound like webisodes. gonna have a squiz now, not feeling that Outlander show I read about on here recently, I like timey wimey stuff, but it has to be timey wimey. Or stargatey !!

Shol'va Kree!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
GAHHHHH WANT NOW!!! Soon as I heard the theme music and the gate being pulled up.. damn it janet.. no air dates yet. :/

*runs hands over head in frustration*

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I've rewatched SG1 so many times I can't keep watching it so close together. Watched the sequel movies again as many times, might be time to do Atlantis again, but the little fanboi in me for this is jumping up and down, and it's making the wine in my stomach do bad things to me.

Gorram jiàn tā de guǐ...

(firefly is also one that should not have been cancelled, golly darn it)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Slightly off-topic sorry, but I'm loving watching the original Star Trek series all digitally remastered every day 6pm on Horror. "The Cloud Minders" episode yesterday, oh my, the blonde called Droxine, what a honey... Droxine

On-topic, I'll watch any new Stargate or general sci-fi, cheers for the heads up, but it will be a hard act to follow with new actors.

ETA
The 22 year old who played Droxine is 71 now haha! Wow, Star Trek still holds it's own even as old as it is.
edit on 18-10-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

how predictable - yet another franchise attempting a " origins " reboot spin-off

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

how predictable - yet another franchise attempting a " origins " reboot spin-off

Not all spin offs and the like are cash cows milking a few quid more out of a tired story though.

Although this could be the franchise ran for a long time and built a lot of history into the origins so it kind of makes sense.

There are plenty of people still interested in the SG world but most of the ideas have been done to death in the modern world, Daniel Jackson has died so many times it is absurd and how many times can Carter or McKay save the universe at the last minute with some clever science?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: misterhistory

MacGllyver?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I am doing so now (with my ex-wife whom I am temporarily living with). I have a horrid memory (as the ex will quickly point out), so it is as if I never saw it to begin with. We started with the movie and proceeded with every episode in order and are now on the last disc of season 6. After we finish with SG1, I also have the two feature movies and SG Atlantis, so we just need SG Universe I reckon.

As for the new show. I think it could be interesting as a back story, but I don't foresee anything past a single season. I think it will be kinda like Marvel's Agent Carter (simply not enough to work with).

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Them purple-bellied producers at FOX should all be put out an air lock.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join