It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McVeigh once stated that he would have used a sniper rifle rather than a bomb.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Now let's assume the official story of the Oklahoma Bombing is real (I know there are some saying it's a conspiracy but that's a topic for another thread)

Timothy McVeigh once stated that he could have changed his methods and instead used a sniper rifle to kill people.

My point is no gun ban would have deterred him. He would have find others ways to kill people. Gun or not he will still kill.

[62] McVeigh read Unintended Consequences and noted that if it had come out a few years earlier, he would have given serious consideration to using sniper attacks in a war of attrition against the government instead of bombing a federal building:[63] “ If people say The Turner Diaries was my Bible, Unintended Consequences would be my New Testament. I think Unintended Consequences is a better book. It might have changed my whole plan of operation if I'd read that one first. ”

www.clarkprosecutor.org...
edit on 10/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

So was it the June 1993 New York times letter explaining the Una Bombers eco-anarchist views that inspired the McVeigh copy cat bombing?

edit on 17-10-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Actually it was the book the Turner Diaries which is a white supremacist novel.

I wonder how would things turn out had he used sniper attacks rather than bombing the Federal building?
edit on 10/17/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Anders Breivik recently changed his name to Fjotolf Hansen.
Maybe that is the connection you were trying to make?

top topics

join