It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says Diplomacy is Over - Nuclear War May Start at Any Moment.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
foreplay is for the inexperienced.

That probably sounded better in your mind ...

O/T - Trump's in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. If he attacks the media and the left will condemn him for not going the appeasement route. If NK attacks because Trump waits, the media and the left will condemn him because he took the appeasement route.

The only question Trump should be asking at this hour is "which option saves the lives of the most Americans and our allies?".

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: introvert
Let Kim do whatever he damn well pleases. He's only trying to put his country in a position to where they wont be messed with by the Western powers.

We don't need to take any action unless we have 100% certainty that they are going to act on their threats.

What would you describe as 100% certainly. What would your redline be?

That is a hard line to draw as I am not in a position to know their exact capabilities and intent.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I don't understand why Trump refuses to do a pre-emptive strike on North Korea.

There is currently no active war with NK. Why start a war?

I say do a pre-emptive strike before Kim nukes us or uses an EMP satellite, etc.

So, war to prevent war?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is getting worse:

Here is an excerpt from the report that Steven referred to:

The United States military said on Monday that it would practice evacuating noncombatant Americans out of South Korea in the event of war and other emergencies, as the two allies began a joint naval exercise amid heightened tensions with North Korea. It has conducted similar evacuation exercises for decades.

But with fears rising in the South that the United States might be preparing for military action against the North, the American military issued a rare news release on Monday stressing that the noncombatant evacuation exercise was a “routinely scheduled” drill. The drill, known as Courageous Channel, is scheduled from next Monday through Friday and is aimed at preparing American “service members and their families to respond to a wide range of crisis management events such as noncombatant evacuation and natural or man-made disasters,” the United States military said in a statement.

Source

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
They are all M.A.D. I tell you......M.A.D.!!!

North Korea has two of the Worlds Superpowers as neighbours, right at its doorstep.

Dont you think they have the first reason and responsibility to keep all this craziness at bay?

Its not up to the USA to tell North Koreans what to do.

USA keep out of there and just ignore them and try to keep civil dialogue.

No more War games with South Korea and Japan.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I say do a pre-emptive strike before Kim nukes us or uses an EMP satellite, etc.

So, war to prevent war?

No, to prevent a strike on the U.S.
edit on 16-10-2017 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

So, war to prevent war?

I believe we are still in a state of war, only it seems to be on vacation, on hold.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wlasp
Precision drone strike/bunker buster. Pretty big target lol

Seriously though I do not understand why the US can not strike first; these are special circumstances. Any country that is preparing to start a nuclear war should be met with 'fire and fury'.

If the U.S. (or our allies) makes the first strike, China says it will militarily support North Korea. If North Korea starts the war, China says it will stay neutral.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Who has said the US should glass the NorKs aside from histrionic folks who seem willing to sit and wait for Kim to launch at us? We possess the conventional armaments needed to efficiently render North Korea uninhabitable... and we should have used them in that capacity yesterday.

link   

And you undoubtedly know that an attack on the US wold occur otherwise?

Point remains: war to prevent war?

Sounds like warmongering.

link   
I keep asking myself 'why does Nk want a nuclear conflict with the US so badly?' NK will surely be destroyed. So what's really going on here?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'll get my hot dogs on a stick and lawn chairs ready.

Somehow, I'm quite sure the franks will be undercooked.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
They've said it 823 times in the past, I see no reason for the 824th to be any different.

I haven't seen any statements from the North Korea government saying that they are no longer interested in diplomacy.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Let Kim do whatever he damn well pleases. He's only trying to put his country in a position to where they wont be messed with by the Western powers.

We don't need to take any action unless we have 100% certainty that they are going to act on their threats.

That's the way I feel too. From the restraint we've shown, I believe that President Trump and his generals feel the same way.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

And you undoubtedly know that an attack on the US wold occur otherwise?

Point remains: war to prevent war?

Sounds like warmongering.

Nope. I call it protecting one's country from an immediate threat.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The point about using nuclear weapons was directed at the OP, who suggested that since NK won't negotiate nuclear war can happen at "any moment." Since NK currently doesn't possess that capability, for nuclear war to start "at any moment" would require a current nuclear power acting with nuclear retaliation, in this case, again regarding the OP, involving the US directly.

That said, as far as conventional weapons, see my other comments in this thread, as they're applicable to both nuclear and conventional weapons involving a pre-emptive strike.

link   
a reply to: lostbook

A thief in an alley doesn't want to stab you. He brandishes a knife as an incentive for you to give him your wallet/purse/valuables.

NK and nukes are the same thing on a grander scale (because it entails a much larger wallet/purse).

They have no real intention of attacking anyone. However, for the last 50 years when they threatened an attack America would send ship loads of food and money.

We have simply grown tired of the game. The "knife" has lost it's edge or we have a President who has said "#%$@$ or get of the pot".

In other words American will not be a victim to NK shakedowns at least for the next 3-7 years.

link   

I thought CNN is fake news.

Just trying to get this straight.

North Korea does NOT want to talk, but they DO want to continue moving towards becoming a nuclear super-power. President Trump says that the U.S. will not allow that to happen.

WHAT''s THE NEXT LOGICAL STEP?

That Trump may pre-emptively start a nuclear war?

You're correct. That may be another FAKE news story from CNN...Since CNN needs WAR and DEATH for a ratings boost.

That's why I augmented the O.P. with a Fox News report as well.

edit on 10/16/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

To repeat myself:

If your neighbor said he was going to shoot you, does that give you the right to go to his house and shoot him first?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's why I augmented the O.P. with a Fox News report as well.

Because Fox is "real" news?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join