It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology of a False Flag, Making Attackers and Victims Unwitting Particpants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

It's a whole lot easier for the security services just to monitor a murderous nutjob and let them carry out their fantasy. No actors, no fake blood, only one civillian who was 'in on it' and he gets suicided.

The whole point of terrorism is to cause terror, if our goverments think nothing of killing hundreds of thousands in illegal wars, whats a 'few' real deaths in one of these scenarios?

The other likelyhood is that some nutjobs do it spontaneously and are not being watched or encouraged.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Here's a 'clearer' definition from rational wiki:

A false flag operation is an operation conducted by one party or government and made to appear as though it were sponsored by another party or government.

The term (although not the tactic) has its origins in the traditions of "honourable" naval warfare, where ships were required to sail under their own national flag in order that they could be identified. As people learned that being a sneaky bastard was much more fun much more effective than playing by the rules, ships began sailing under "false" colours, i.e. flying their enemy's flag in order to get close to their enemy, before swapping to their true colours and opening fire.[1]

rationalwiki.org...

and another, this from the Oxford dictionary:

false flag
NOUN

1A flag flown to disguise the true identity or affiliation of a ship.
‘Captain Young hauled down his false flag, hoisted the American ensign, and opened fire’
figurative ‘he hides behind the false flag of patriotism’

2usually as modifier A political or military act orchestrated in such a way that it appears to have been carried out by a party who is not in fact responsible.
‘some believe that the bombings were a false flag operation by state forces’

You might have expanded the definition a tad.

Even so, there is that fact that false flag operations have a desired and specific outcome (i.e. perhaps 9/11's intent was the Irag war).

What is the intent behind this attack? Who is the designer of the false flag trying to 'pin the blame on'? Gun owners maybe - but it could hardly be the present government, or their corporate overlords that would want blame placed on them with the potential of stricter gun regulations. I suppose the manufacturers of 'metal detectors' and other 'security' equipment might seek out this type of fear.

The motive - the end result - of a false flag, by the definitions above, is what makes a terrorist attack a false flag in the first place.

I think you must answer the who and the why.

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Salander
a reply to: nwtrucker

Wow, I am halfway through the book about the attack on the Liberty, Phillip Tourney's "Erasing the Liberty". So sad.

I don't see that attack as being a FF, but rather just typical Israeli war crimes and cold blooded murder. For me, an FF must shift the blame to some third party, to deceive. I don't see the Liberty attack as having shifted blame.

As to the Mandalay Bay shooting, unless they quickly officially blame somebody like ISIS or Russia, I don't see any FF either, just cold-blooded murder by whomever it was, with a likely connection to more gun control and security spending.

Israel repainted their jets to look like Egyptian Air Force planes.
How much more can they do to make it a false flag operation?

posted on Apr, 25 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Labeling mass shootings as "False Flags" is absurd. What the heck is the endgame? The way I see things all the major "false flags" haven't produced any subverted freedoms that weren't later rescinded.

The funniest are the crazies who think these attacks are done to legitimize gun confiscation. Never mind that after any given mass shooting, gun sales spike and no gun confiscation have ever happened in the country.
edit on 25-4-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not true. Florida passed some new gun control law after the Parkland shooting, and not long after its passage the police confiscated a gun or two from some man living in Jupiter, Florida. I have not read of other such confiscations, but there was at least one.

Gun control is the goal of the staged event at Parkland.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join