It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if NK supported terrorists attack the 2018 winter olympics in South Korea?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What would happen if North Korean operatives or supported communist terrorists attack the olympic winter games february 2018 in South Korea?

en.wikipedia.org...

Would that be a casus belli for the US?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Why the U.S?

One would think that if something like that happened, it would be a world problem.

N. Korea should be a problem for a collective of countries.

The U.S is not the world's police.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
They would risk the might of the entire world? I don't think so. They talk tough but the know the would be obliterated if they actually started a war.
edit on -05:002017Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:07:33 -050031America/Chicago000000Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:07:33 -0500SunAmerica/ChicagoOct by PorteurDeMort because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Actually, for better, or worse, the US is the world policeman. It made itself that during the cold war, and now, still retains the position.

I admit that I'm a bit torn on the issue. It's a very expensive service to provide and I don't ascribe to any position of moral superiority. On the other hand, to leave the world to it's own devices, as history has taught, is more expensive in blood.

Ultimately, if there has to be a "world policeman", I prefer it to be the US.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: greyhat

What do you think?

Why wouldn't other countries react to an attack of this nature?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I have to agree with seagull and the above, it would be a global problem because citizens from many nations would be the target of such an attack.

Although South Korea isn't a member of NATO, they are considered a "Major Non-NATO Ally" as labeled by George H.W. Bush in 1989. Even though South Korea isn't a NATO ally, other NATO nations certainly have citizens participating in the event. So any such attack would most likely still fall under NATO's article 5 prompting an "all for one" retaliatory action.

The North may be bellicose, but they appear to value their regime above all else. In this respect, attacking any ally of the United States would bring about a quick end to the regime. That isn't to say that some kind of lone-wolf or non-state actor couldn't orchestrate such an attack, but North Korea realizes nuclear weapons material can be traced to its origin.

JB

edit on 10/15/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Why the U.S?

The U.S is not the world's police.

sure has acted like it since post WWII...

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
What do you think? Why wouldn't other countries react to an attack of this nature?

Other countries don't have such an amount of troops there und bringing them in by sea would take time.

Maybe my question wasn't clear enough, i meant "would that trigger a quick reaction of the US"?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: greyhat
What would happen if North Korean operatives or supported communist terrorists attack the olympic winter games february 2018 in South Korea?

Would anyone attack if hundreds of hostages are held captive, including every foreign athlete ?

So instead of 'attack', hostages are taken instead.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Since the United States doesn't negotiate with terrorists, yes that would probably be declared an act of war. At this point in the game, it wouldn't take much for massive retaliation against them. They are also walking a fine line of preventative/preemptive strikes (which ~50% of the GOP support). I firmly believe if NK's weapons become a credible threat they will be handled swiftly, and KJU won't be very pleased with the outcome.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Ingredients for unusual games:

Yesterday North Korea and South Korea agreed to march under a joint flag at the opening ceremony in Pyeongchang and play with a unified women’s ice hockey team - a huge step forward for the peninsula.

However, despite these conciliatory moves, satellite images taken over the past few weeks indicate frantic preparations for a demonstration.

Image analysis by North Korean experts indicates an “upcoming military event or parade” is expected on February 8 - the day before the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics across the border.

www.express.co.uk...

North Korea will send a 550-strong delegation, including 230 cheerleaders, 140 artists and 30 Taekwondo players to South Korea who will start arriving in the country from January 25.

The games take place between February 9 and 25 in South Korea.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If the games get attacked, I'll immediately suspect McCain and his ilk, trying to start WWIII. My prime suspect will not be North Korea, who for the most part just wants us to leave them alone.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Especially since I believe Russia and China both compete in the Olympics as well. I can't imagine North Korea would be stupid enough to risk offending them as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Personally i think we will see a false flag at the 2018 OL.... And i dont think it is NK who is going to stand for it either. It will be by the US through the CIA and SK inetelligence servises. They would have all the acces they need do such a thing.

This will be the excuse the US needs to attack NK. And they can play that for all it is Worth in the UN. If they play the false falg very good maybe Russia and Chine wont support Kim.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
wrong thread
edit on 18-1-2018 by Eshel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66
Personally i think we will see a false flag at the 2018 OL.... And i dont think it is NK who is going to stand for it either. It will be by the US through the CIA and SK inetelligence servises. They would have all the acces they need do such a thing.

I don't think such a job would be officiall agency work. Too difficult to get rid of witnesses in the aftermath without publicity. If, then semi-private military-industrial-financial complex lunatics sending mercenaries.

A lot of caliphateles IS basterds on the market now. Maybe some "IS morons playing hezbollah, smuggled in via NK" or something like that ? Killing some Saudi visitors...

I mean, there is no meaningful business with NK and a lot of IS staff is heading to the pacific area.

www.express.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well there is only one Source that would have full acces and that is the CIA and the SK intelligence. They would have much more clearance then NK or ISIS to do the operation.

The Clue is after the attack Guess who would do the investigation? It would be South Koreas internal intelligence and without doubt along side With the US CIA. There should be no doubt that this is not something the CIA have not done before. The US are know for its clandestine operations.

ISIS wont be the argument since they have not been exposed to be operating within SK or NK. If a false flag take splace Nk will be the main target. THe US would not get the reason it needs if they blame it on ISIS. The US cant attack NK if ISIS are blamed.

NK have not been accuse of working With ISIS. ISIS out of the Picture if there is a false flag.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: greyhatNK have not been accuse of working With ISIS. ISIS out of the Picture if there is a false flag.

I think of IS mecenaries tarned as Iranians, Syrians or Hezbollah. They are available now and nobody would tell the msm who they really were...

Op Orchard:

Syria was working with North Korea and Iran on a nuclear facility. Iran had funneled $1 billion to the project, and planned on using the Kibar facility to replace Iranian facilities if Iran was unable to complete its uranium enrichment program.
en.wikipedia.org...

NK worked with Iran on a bombed nuclear plant in Syria. Now the war in Syria cools down, NK needs money, maybe someone thinks its time to switch them off. Because peace means war funds released, money that NK needs badly, fear of nuke biz. Just a speculation, we will see.

If something happens at the winter olympics, will they present a full blown weird bs story or will it be like in the Las Vegas case, some weird details, no hard facts, because "it happened somewhere in the woods"?

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Yeah but ISIS is actually a US and UK pupet. Iran has nothing to do With ISIS. ISIS all american and that started after the Iraqi war. IS as they were intitially caled was intitially created by the US in Iraq and Jordan.

If ISIS is involved it is because the US are using them. Iran is not involved With ISIS.....

But the case is ISIS wont be the argument the US will use if a false flag accures in the 2018 OL in South Korea. North Korea will get all the blame......

posted on Jan, 19 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   

If ISIS is involved it is because the US are using them. Iran is not involved With ISIS.....

But the case is ISIS wont be the argument the US will use if a false flag accures in the 2018 OL in South Korea. North Korea will get all the blame......

Of cause.

What i mean is: From a Globalists business point of view a NK war would be senseless, there is not so much to win there. And it's a big risk because SK companies are an important part of the global production chain. So it's hard to sell this idea.

I imagine they could try to sell us a story like "NK terror regime smuggled evil Iranian killer terrorists to SK" and IS mercenary actors having played them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join