It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honors student outs herself as Athiest, kisses her honors good bye

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OrdoAdChao

Holy bad teacher Batman, what the f*ck is that woman doing in that video???

So relationships that people have are just like how tape sticks??? Are you kidding me???

Such total BS!!

This woman shouldn't be teaching anyone anything.

She's also implying that any woman who's with a man from that point on is always tainted by him. Funny how the men don't come away with the same tainted body from the woman though. Typical.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I would say the vast majority of teachers are progressive so this doesn't make sense since her beliefs plays more inline than against.

Aren't schools and teachers supposed to be progressive? They go with the times, not against. Especially science.

link   
a reply to: seagull

There could be, I suppose. It really does seem like this went very downhill over her pro-choice stance which she made readily apparent.

link   
Guess she wasn't very smart after all and never really deserved those being smart assessments.

If told doing X = success but you do Y instead, that equals dumb.

Public school isn't a place for students to push their beliefs on other students. It is against the law to have prayer in school so it is equally against the law to promote atheism in school.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Nobody said she was pushing her progressive beliefs on anyone.

The teacher is pushing her religious beliefs on the student. Which is not legal at all.

You're trying to flip it around. That's dishonest.

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Holy bad teacher Batman, what the f*ck is that woman doing in that video???

So relationships that people have are just like how tape sticks??? Are you kidding me???

Such total BS!!

This woman shouldn't be teaching anyone anything.

She's also implying that any woman who's with a man from that point on is always tainted by him. Funny how the men don't come away with the same tainted body from the woman though. Typical.

It's biology. The man's sperms drill into the female brain and leave the genetic material there forever.

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well, something certainly isn't kosher, that's for sure...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

[A]fter the district hired motivational speaker Shelly Donahue to speak at a mandatory sex education assembly.

Donahue teaches an abstinence-only course and according to her website, she is “passionately committed to Jesus Christ as the ultimate answer to the teen sexual activity problem in America.” . . .

According to the lawsuit, the superintendent once told a reporter “because Delta Schools do not accept federal and state funds for sex education programs, the school district did not have to follow federal guidelines like the mandate to have comprehensive sex education and the separation of church and state.”

Interesting, and twisted, rationale for a public school; even though they don't accept funds for sex ed (according to them), they still accept funds by virtue of being a public school.

“Freedom of religion is not only freedom of religion, it’s freedom to disagree with religion, to not have a religion,” Springer said. “I will certainly fight to protect everybody’s religious views and their right to practice religion but I think when you seek to impose your religious views on others, that’s dangerous.”

And he believes it’s unconstitutional.

“We have a constitutional protection that says that there is a separation of church and state and religion does not belong in the schools,” Springer said.

That is correct.

This, however, is what they can't do, either. They changed her freakin' grades:

“Her grades were changed to F’s almost immediately after the Daily Sentinel article featuring Ms. Fisk was published,” the lawsuit says.

Fisk said before the article, she had earned a 98 percent in her student government class but was dropped to a 70 percent because of her “'questioning of authority,’ particularly religious authority."

Oh, the irony.

Go get 'em.

edit on 15-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Teachers use marking schemes so it won't be very hard to check if she got accurate grades or not. Even the apparently subjective stuff like poetry is compared to a mark scheme and scored accordingly.

She won't be the first student to get worse grades than predicted and claim persecution. Likewise, the reason for standardisation and mark schemes is to enforce conscientiousness in a profession where teachers have frequently altered results.

Could be either! As long as her marked work remains, the truth will become known.

link   
Living in the Bible Belt, this story does not surprise me. They even allow the churches to pray during school meetings and have church clubs after school.

However, if this student was defiant, critical or disobedient when her beliefs were disrespected, it could effect her grades.

I think there's more to this story.

link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Doesn't sound like she was promoting atheism in school as much as she was speaking out against the pro-religious attitude of the public school. From prayer groups with tasty snacks on the tax-payers dime to the pro-life, anti-sex attitude that pervaded the faculty and curriculum.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh come now, it's no more twisted than PP's rationale that they don't use their federal funds to fund their abortions.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

It's biology. The man's sperms drill into the female brain and leave the genetic material there forever.

WTF did you just say???

Men's sperm drills into the female brain???

Oh please show me where you got that information from and why you think that???

Or even just explain why sperm is drilling into someone's brain to start with and how the hell that would even be possible.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

WTF did you just say???

Men's sperm drills into the female brain???

Oh please show me where you got that information from and why you think that???

Or even just explain why sperm is drilling into someone's brain to start with and how the hell that would even be possible.

Go enlighten your own ignorance. I will give you one hint, there was a thread this year all about it.

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I would say the vast majority of teachers are progressive so this doesn't make sense since her beliefs plays more inline than against.

high school teachers are not necessarily progressive. mine certainly weren't.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Liquesence

Oh come now, it's no more twisted than PP's rationale that they don't use their federal funds to fund their abortions.

WTF does that have to do with PP?

This is about separation of church and state regarding a public school.

Smdh

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

They even allow the churches to pray during school meetings and have church clubs after school.

The latter is protected because it's not school sponsored or endorsed.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It's true, women retain some "genetic material". This of course is a laymans view of a very complicated subject.

This Study WIll Make You Think Twice About Who You Are Getting Into Bed With
www.collective-evolution.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
However, if this student was defiant, critical or disobedient when her beliefs were disrespected, it could effect her grades.

I think there's more to this story.

Yup, me too. The rule to remember is that students are often attitudey asshats. And atheists are often attitudey asshats. I don't find it at all hard to believe that she went on a one-woman crusade against religion and got up everyone's noses in lots of different ways. The odds are against the insinuation that she's some modern-day Gallileo, really.

The story really presents her account, and I'm willing to bet that she won't look quite so heroic if this gets into court and both sides are heard.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

atheists are often attitudey asshats.

How many atheists have you met and talked with?
I, myself, have met many Christians who are "attitudey asshats". Especially when it comes to public schools.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join