It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia used social media to divide Americans

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

In fact, there is a long backlog of Trump claims that he has yet to even try to prove.

Yup.
Are there not like, 300+ something, provable, downright lies by Trump on Twitter ?
Doesn't Twitter have some kind of sanctioning against serial untruthyness posters ?

Wouldn't Trump be in contravention of Twitter's t&c if they had any ?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger
You know what ?
I think that bots could be imbedded in ATS

Out of 290 members online right now
I'm guessing it would take only 1 or 2 to disrupt threads

2 or 3

edit on 17/10/17 by Damiel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

ODD that Trump tweeted/retweets KNOWN Russian propaganda. Sometimes before it gets trending in the USA.

It's almost like his people have a direct line to "today's talking points" ...

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

And now we need to fabricate a story in order to sway public opinion? That's funny, let me think about that while composing a question for you: did anyone lose his job over reports of alleged WMDs in Iraq?
Fabricated story or not, and if so: who exactly fabricated what and who simply enabled the proliferation of lies, giving a damn about integrity? That's a job well done though, salt is trending again. I don't think shooting the moron of a messenger will resolve this issue either. Any suggestions?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I think you are right, although the Kremlin might have been supportive of Trump because he was the most chaotic candidate.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

And now we need to fabricate a story in order to sway public opinion? That's funny, let me think about that while composing a question for you: did anyone lose his job over reports of alleged WMDs in Iraq?
Fabricated story or not, and if so: who exactly fabricated what and who simply enabled the proliferation of lies, giving a damn about integrity? That's a job well done though, salt is trending again. I don't think shooting the moron of a messenger will resolve this issue either. Any suggestions?

The Bush administration told the lies, the media reported the lies accurately. When events on the ground proved the administration's claims were false, it accurately reported those facts. The media in the United States and other liberal democracies are not controlled by the state the way they are in your country. They attribute statements made by the government to the government, and are free to contradict them when proven false! The media is extremely wary of this administration after the deadly lies of the Bush administrations, which is why they are scrutinizing his every tweet.

ETA: So you couldn't find an example of the American mainstream media actually fabricating a story without consequences? Thank you for playing.
edit on 18-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join