It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia used social media to divide Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How did the game 'mod' discredit BLM?

Please go into detail this is your Big Chance.

We both know had it come out initially it was just another clever idea by BLM you'd be patting them on their back for their ingenuity.

And no doubt it was "Hillary's idea" to begin with.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This is a classic example of how propaganda warps thought. No-one said Trump was a Russian agent: on the contrary, I just suggested that he exploited Russia's meddling. The rest of your post is incoherent.

The point to the CNN story is that Russia created fake websites with goofy claims to discredit political movements. There are probably quite a few designed to discredit the right, as well. There may even be trolls pretending to be right wing idiots to give "libtards" something to mock.

edit on 15-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
When the New York Times, or other print publications, make a statement, it is printed on physical paper. It is a "paper of record." If they make a mistake, it is there for everyone to see. Forever. That is why they must be very careful to get their facts straight. That does not apply to the online "journalists" some people turn to.

I'm sure you sleep like a baby with that ideal shaping your version of reality.

In truth it works more like this:

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.” George Orwell, 1984

And the "Paper of Record" why its the corporatocracy's Propaganda Outlet Numero Uno.

As proven by Noam Chomsky (a real leftist) long ago:

Noam Chomsky - The Atrocities in Cambodia and East Timor

edit on 15-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

This is a classic example of how propaganda warps thought. No-one said Trump was a Russian agent: on the contrary, I just suggested that he exploited Russia's meddling. The rest of your post is incoherent.

I'm not sure where you've been the last year, but on Planet Earth the whole damn global media machination has been abuzz with hysterical screams of Trump being Russia's tool.

It's funny you talk about record, you're lies are herein too. We can all see it. Its just too obvious.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You just can't see the irony in that quotation from Orwell, can you? Your "evidence" that Black Lives Matter is a "black supremacist organization" completely disappeared, you didn't notice, and you are still in denial that it may have been disinformation.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReadingOne

Classic diversionary tactic. This is not about Hillary Clinton; it is about how people like you embrace ignorance and allow a hostile foreign power to manipulate you.

Maybe you should take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself how manipulated and brainwashed YOU are by the MSM and their Clintonite propaganda. Do you ever go outside of CNN to get your "news" and "facts"? Or is that too scary for you?

Sorry I missed this post. You should really go to my profile and check out some of the threads I have started. I never use CNN as a source. In fact, I usually turn to legitimate non-American sources, precisely because they are nonpartisan when it comes to our domestic politics.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Any with a set of Eagles eyes can see what the Bear did. Those who cannot or dont care are in doubt or denial or just cannot comprehend the ignorance of cyber psychological warfare...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

You just can't see the irony in that quotation from Orwell, can you? Your "evidence" that Black Lives Matter is a "black supremacist organization" completely disappeared, you didn't notice, and you are still in denial that it may have been disinformation.

What the hell are you talking about now?

Oh you mean that Guiding Principle pages in their official central hub website? The one that half of everyone in this site has seen by now??

If a page is up in their own website for over a year, and then they take it down, in your mind that must mean because it was Russia disinfo?

Bujeezus man, bujeezus.

Worry not, the Internet has sure records that it existed.

blacklivesmatter.com...
www.archive.org...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: The archive.org url to the full archive of the BLM Guiding Principles page was having problems here, but go there and paste the original blm link into the "Wayback Machine" and see the whole history of the page and its changes. Here goes one such snapshot of the page from the official BLM website that DJW001 now claims was Russia disinfo because BLM tookt he page down just yesterday or the day before:
BLM Guiding Principles snapshot.

Nice lies though. I always frame the page and its implications as BLM wearing a phony 'save the blacks' facade to push a total SJW agenda.

I wonder how many obvious lies you can mange to commit to in one single thread...

Anyways, that they took it down to 'hide it' makes you look bad not me.
edit on 15-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I never said that page was never there... but you have yet to explain why it was taken down. Clearly it made them look bad. The question is: who put that page there, and why?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Classic liberal projection!

Ask them its your crew.

The page was up for over two years.

The button to get there featured prominently on their main landing page.

Quit playing coy.

If any one 'is supposed to' be explaining this its you. Get to it already.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

No one said he's affiliated. But why doesn't he condemned the actions? Why does he constantly deny this is happening? What's wrong with him just saying I stand for protecting ALL AMERICANS. Not just those that might vote for me.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

An investigative reporter for CNN went to "whois" or some other domain search engine and got registration details for an alleged Black Lives Matter webpage and discovered that it was bogus, designed, apparently, to make the movement look ridiculous. Given how easily even highly secured websites like those for fiscal transactions can be hacked, one should always suspect that anything online may have been maliciously tampered with. If you wish to use a source to support your argument, the onus is on you to assess their credibility, and to prove its veracity as necessary. You are clearly unwilling to do this.

I have shown in various threads how RT and other propaganda outlets manipulate the truth, as they did in Pokemongate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Yeah ok. Sure because only the weak minded are ever influenced by others. You may as well condemn society and go live in a cave somewhere if you want to be free from influences. Societal influence determined what you had for dinner last night. Don't pretend to be above it all. Unless you're not human that is.
What you drive, what you wear, even what shampoo you use is influenced by others. That's humanity. That some segment is going to take advantage of that is also a given and that is what we need safeguards against.

It's mind control on a grand scale and some are just laying back and saying let it happen . Why? Because the last time it benefited them? Next time they may be the target and the other guys the benefactor. Then what?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

OH REALLY?

Then where is the evidence for you claim here?

Where are the BLM founders out denouncing it as being disinfo.

As if they'd start a group and not be the ones to be the first to setup the domain. As if a group would be worthy of donations in $100,000,000 increments otherwise.

Black Lives Matter cashes in with $100 million from liberal foundations
For all its talk of being a street uprising, Black Lives Matter is increasingly awash in cash, raking in pledges of more than $100 million from liberal foundations and others eager to contribute to what has become the grant-making cause du jour.

The Ford Foundation and Borealis Philanthropy recently announced the formation of the Black-Led Movement Fund [BLMF], a six-year pooled donor campaign aimed at raising $100 million for the Movement for Black Lives coalition.

That funding comes in addition to more than $33 million in grants to the Black Lives Matter movement from top Democratic Party donor George Soros through his Open Society Foundations, as well as grant-making from the Center for American Progress.

“The BLMF provides grants, movement building resources, and technical assistance to organizations working advance the leadership and vision of young, Black, queer, feminists and immigrant leaders who are shaping and leading a national conversation about criminalization, policing and race in America,” said the Borealis announcement.

Seriously, quit wasting my time.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadingOne

Pizza gate? No really...Pizza gate?

That nonsense that got someone shooting up a place that was completely asinine stupidity?

Take it somewhere else it's not even allowed on these boards
Thank you very much.

And yes that was friggin Russia that started that.

More sugar in your koolaid deary?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Okay so first you tried to say the "man BLM webpage", and now it says "an alleged BLM webpage".

Whatever man.

Actually CNN did the whois and it registered to someone supposedly in Illinois (Obama country).

It didnt actually prove it was "bogus". And everything from there, this whole story is all the claims of NYT+CNN+FACEBOOK+GOOGLE, whom I know you worship wholeheartedly, but we simply cant believe hardly a word they say about anything.

Has BLM even officially decried it as being fake, or is this just another CNN ruse to get them all kinds of free press coverage?

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Well it obviously worked on you.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You have a membership here and these boards are ripe with Russian influence. They obviously got to you.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

edit on 10152017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You nailed it again .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join