It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ Removed From Mississippi School Curriculum; "Uncomfortable"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Don't care what (dumb) side, or silly little club (R or D) is calling for fascism I do not agree.

Good. Now I'd appreciate if you would be consistent calling out those on both sides.
I do not keep pointing out the errors of the "rightist" actions without being consistent.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

When the R's start to call for bans I will be there. Have I missed one? Don't look so hard for my ties to a particular side, I assure you there are none.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

When the R's start to call for bans I will be there. Have I missed one? Don't look so hard for my ties to a particular side, I assure you there are none.

Because you were quick to jump and accuse those people of being "leftists". That's why I asked if you were a psychic. For all we know they could have been "rightists". I bet you jump to conclusion that a person is "leftist" every time he or she wants books banned or removed. Am I right?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes in this instance I would bet this is a leftist/liberal/Dem wanting this book banned. Academia is a liberal strong hold and it logical to come to this conclusion.

edit on 14-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yes in this instance I would bet this is a leftist/liberal/Dem wanting this book banned. Academia is a liberal strong hold and it logical to come to this conclusion.

At least you're honest. I appreciate it.

It could be likely that they are Christians who objected to the usage of the N word.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Who predominately wanted to ban Harry Potter because of "sorcery"?

That aside, the list of books for censure and consideration for banning or removal is long.

ALA1(classics)
ALA2(overall)
ALA3(top ten yearly list)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

For what it's worth, my teenage daughter just informed me that in one of her classes here in MS, all they do is watch CNN... and only CNN.

Main stream pre conditioning for a main stream lifestyle.

Don't play into their hands. Just de educate her mind, find out which segment, watch it and de program her after work.

edit on 14-10-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

(there are liberal Christians)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

(there are liberal Christians)

(and there are conservative atheists)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That aside, the list of books for censure and consideration for banning or removal is long.

ALA1(classics)
ALA2(overall)

It's fascism. And contrary to popular beliefs, libs and conservs dabble in it.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Which is why, in my not so humble opinion, it matters not in the slightest where such things originate...the mere fact that they do is enough. Anyone who values free expression should be up in arms.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

ALA1(classics)
ALA2(overall)

It's fascism. And contrary to popular beliefs, libs and conservs dabble in it.

Correct, it's not partisan, but it's based on fear, which is given, sometimes, a partisan label to justify it.

No book should be banned or removed from any public library, or from publication or distritbution. Period.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
It made people feel uncomfortable....no. person. Singular. Someone who wants this kind of publicity. For no apparent reason.

What attention hogs we are turning into.

That right there sums it up . That and lawsuits .

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Somehow I have this romantic picture of the only place truth was still kept in print, would be wealthy people of great means with libraries in their estates residing on vast shelves among other great literary works.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join