It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Space Station Set To "Crash Land" Within Next 6 Months

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Crash "land" would seem to be a bit of a misnomer.

Those were the words used in the title of the article wbich is wby I used quotation marks. Kind of like crash parking.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
On WHO?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Remember...sometime within the next 6 months includes now. So look up.

As the time approaches it will become possible to refine the time and location. So, instead of looking up, look here:
www.aerospace.org...

I wanna see one!

I see no issues with this...earth surface is 71% water...it's like when I hit a golf ball through a tree I tell myself that the tree is 90% air...I mean what could go wrong?

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Well, you can look up there. And see it, actually. It gets reasonably bright, but not like the ISS.

Go here and set your location:
www.heavens-above.com...

Thanks.
I recall now having an app that alerted me of spacecraft or debris passing over but it kept going off all day long, drove me nuts! So I deleted it. I don't recall what it was. Anyways it seems space debris is all too common though, correct?

I think it will mostly burn up or as usual land in the ocean. Could one cause a tsunami?
Probably no tsunamis...just a lot of fish going "Whoa...what the heck was that?".

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
I am no expert MSP,but I think most of the space station would break into smaller bits and burn up during atmospheric re entry.
I think other satellites and space stuff has done this in the past.
It may make a nice light show for a lucky few,but I wouldn't worry too much in those smarty pants of yours.

Joke's on you...I'm not wearing any pants.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: Indrasweb

The chance of that would be extremely low, kinda like pinning the tail on a donkey, in a dark room, whilst wearing sunglasses and spinning around. All done after 10 shots of tequila.

I'm not that good at math, though I can get a sense of the scale... Considering how many squared miles of land exist, how much of that has human occupants then comparing it to how much debris will fall?

Chances are it won't fall near anyone never mind buildings.

So if such a scenario happened, it would probably end in war.

Or the greatest conspiracy so far.
Even though the odds are about a trillion to one against being hit by falling space debris it has happened.
In 1997 Ms. Lottie Williams of Tulsa Oklahoma was taking her usual early morning walk through the park when she was struck on the shoulder by a small piece of a Delta II rocket that had been used to put a satellite in orbit 9 months earlier. Fortunately the piece was so small, thin and lightweight that she wasn't injured at all. The impact was akin to a leaf falling from a tree and hitting her. So improbable doesn't mean impossible and she was even a moving target.
And as I stated eatlier in 1954 a woman was struck on her side by a small meteorite that crashed through her ceiling. Again miraculously she was only bruised.
So if you're a woman you might want to buy yourself a sturdy hardhat and if you're a man you apparently have nothing to worry about. Outer space only hates women.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I hate to be pedantic (okay, that's not true...) but Tiangong 1 orbits at an inclination of about 42.75 degrees relative to the equator. That means that anything with a latitude greater than 42.75 degrees north or south of the equator should be safe from debris.

For perspective, if you are in North America, Chicago is just about at 42 degrees north. If you're north of Chicago, you're in the clear. As a Wisconsinite, this sadly means that there is pretty much zero chance of it taking out Milwaukee....

Anything between 42.75 degrees north and 42.75 degrees south, on the other hand, has a chance of being in the, *ahem*, "landing" zone.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhloydPhan
I hate to be pedantic (okay, that's not true...) but Tiangong 1 orbits at an inclination of about 42.75 degrees relative to the equator. That means that anything with a latitude greater than 42.75 degrees north or south of the equator should be safe from debris.

For perspective, if you are in North America, Chicago is just about at 42 degrees north. If you're north of Chicago, you're in the clear. As a Wisconsinite, this sadly means that there is pretty much zero chance of it taking out Milwaukee....

Anything between 42.75 degrees north and 42.75 degrees south, on the other hand, has a chance of being in the, *ahem*, "landing" zone.
Uh oh (see my location).
And I think you spelled Wisconsinite wrong. Isn't it Wisconsonite? Or is that Mandela Effect thing acting up again?
edit on 10/18/2017 by MissSmartypants because: edit

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

The state's name is spelled Wisconsin (always has been, at least the 30+ years I've been here), so I believe Wisconsinite is correct.

As for your location, of all the places Tiangong 1 COULD come down, a city that is home to as many naval vessels as Norfolk should be one of the safest. I would think at least one Arleigh Burke with BMD capability would be in the area whenever the Chinese station decides to fall out of the sky.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhloydPhan

The state's name is spelled Wisconsin (always has been, at least the 30+ years I've been here), so I believe Wisconsinite is correct.

As for your location, of all the places Tiangong 1 COULD come down, a city that is home to as many naval vessels as Norfolk should be one of the safest. I would think at least one Arleigh Burke with BMD capability would be in the area whenever the Chinese station decides to fall out of the sky.
I've lived here all of my life and my father was navy and I never get tired of seeing our magnificent military aircraft flying overhead. I'm certainly not for war but our milittary technology is awesome.
I realized it was Wisconsin as soon as I hit reply but I tbought my Mandela comment was clever so I left it.
edit on 10/19/2017 by MissSmartypants because: edit

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hello,
I'm currently looking into sightings of a "mysterious light" in the sky, reported by local news where I live. I really don't know how to find out (other than asking here
): is it possible to see Tiangong with the naked eye? And what I mean by "seeing" it is: would it look something like this? Approximate coordinates (Google Maps) for the location of the observer that took this photo: 47°32'08.7"N 26°30'35.6"E on Dec 26. There are more reports, witnesses mentioning cones of light, mushroom-like appearance ect. The national space agency said nothing observed on radar.
What do you think, is this the Chinese space station? And if not, what could it be?

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: negue

The space station is still up there.

It’s set to come down around March.

Your photo looks like a rocket launch.

edit on 30/12/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thank you. Yes it does look like a rocket launch. Except there's no launching pad (that I know of) in Romania or nearby. Also these "sightings" occured in different days too, witnesses chiming in from all across the country. That's why I thought about Tiangong. Now that I look at it, if that was the space station, it should have crashed by now.

Is this March thing 100% sure? I remember reading the window for the crash was "until March" or something.

posted on Dec, 30 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: negue

It was almost certainly a rocket launch from Russia.

You don’t have to be near where it was launched from to see it.

This link has all the info about the reentry..

www.aerospace.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
***Update***

Looks like lower Michigan between now and April.

A large Chinese satellite that’s free-falling to Earth could crash into southern Michigan sometime between now and early April, researchers say.

Scientists say that a majority of the station is expected to burn up when it re-enters Earth’s atmosphere, although chunks weighing up to 220 pounds could make landfall.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

If we were to go by international law, any damage done by this satellite would fall on the Chinese government to pay for.

posted on Mar, 11 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Probably would cool down by the time it reached the ground. But there could be hydrazine or something even worse around. Best not be handling stuff like that.

Yeah...always taste something before you touch it I always say.

Organic chemists at the turn of the last century would taste products to determine if the compound was acidic, basic or neutral. Acids are sour and bases are bitter. Salts are, not surprisingly, salty. This was a bad habit with consequences. When Beryllium was first isolated as a salt, it was sweet. A proposed name, Glycinium, was discarded when the proposer of the name and the thought that it may be a good artificial sweetener, died of Be poisoning. Another good idea ruined.

posted on Mar, 12 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Lower Michigan, plus a dozen other possible places.

The two yellow bands on the map in your link are the areas of high probability, green is low probability, and blue near zero probability.

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We're almost there.

Another month and we'll find out more.

Another link here, I had to do a search to see if this was posted an it was.
www.popsci.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2018 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BotheLumberJack

They’re saying April 1st +/- 3 days.

So more like a week.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join