It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Space Station Set To "Crash Land" Within Next 6 Months

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the
Garbage."

He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "Litterin'"' . . . .
And they all moved away from me on the bench there, with the hairy eyeball
And all kinds of mean, nasty things, till I said, "And creatin' a nuisance .
. . " And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the
Bench talkin' about crime, mother-stabbin', father-rapin', . . . all kinds
Of groovy things that we was talkin' about on the bench, and everything was
Fine.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

I am no expert MSP,but I think most of the space station would break into smaller bits and burn up during atmospheric re entry.
I think other satellites and space stuff has done this in the past.
It may make a nice light show for a lucky few,but I wouldn't worry too much in those smarty pants of yours.

Large pieces of Skylab landed in Australia so again...look up.

Ay,thats true-There was also a weird fuel tank that crashed in China a while back,lemme see if i can locate the article...

OK not the one I was looking for but here is one:
www.cnet.com...

Yeah,would not like that to land on my house..
There was also another event where people found something and got sick from radiation-some nuclear fueled satellite I seem to remember..

Watch the skies..
The event you're thinking about was when a small meteorite created a crater near a small village in Peru. The crater was filled with some sort of murky water and the fumes coming from it made some of the villagers sick.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I said, "I didn't get nothin'. I had to pay fifty dollars and pick up the
Garbage."

He said, "What were you arrested for, kid?" and I said, "Litterin'"' . . . .
And they all moved away from me on the bench there, with the hairy eyeball
And all kinds of mean, nasty things, till I said, "And creatin' a nuisance .
. . " And they all came back, shook my hand, and we had a great time on the
Bench talkin' about crime, mother-stabbin', father-rapin', . . . all kinds
Of groovy things that we was talkin' about on the bench, and everything was
Fine.

youtu.be...
So the only way the U.S. can get rid of the littering taint and get their street cred back is to create a nuisance. I think we can handle that.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You forgot the part about ending war and stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I am no expert MSP,but I think most of the space station would break into smaller bits and burn up during atmospheric re entry.
It may make a nice light show for a lucky few,but I wouldn't worry too much in those smarty pants of yours.

Ay,thats true-There was also a weird fuel tank that crashed in China a while back,lemme see if i can locate the article...

www.cnet.com...

There was also another event where people found something and got sick from radiation-some nuclear fueled satellite I seem to remember..

Watch the skies..
The event you're thinking about was when a small meteorite created a crater near a small village in Peru. The crater was filled with some sort of murky water and the fumes coming from it made some of the villagers sick.

No it was this one
Cosmos 954

Hack Canada

WiKiPidia

Or was it this one Cosmos 1402

Aftermath only .1% recovered WOW

edit on 14-10-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2017 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Here more info

There is a lot of the story that you have not told, like the parts of Hay River, Fort Smith, Pine Point and Fort Resolution all in the NWT that are effected by this, still to date...there is too many of us in the north that are sick and dieing from this Cosmos 954 of January 24, 1978.

Link

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Actually, I pretty much never click on video links...but perhaps I will click on yours.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Actually, I pretty much never click on video links...but perhaps I will click on yours.
And for the record...you can put me down as being "for" ending war, but not so much for ending stuff. I like stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Are you sure they will tell you

Somehow, the Soviets forgot to mention that a very big, 8,800 pound satellite powered by 110 pounds of highly enriched uranium 235 was in a destabilized orbit and going to crash. The Soviet reactor, which powered the satellite, used a fission process that would result in some very bad actors, like radioactive strontium, cesium and iodine, surviving re-entry. Fortunately some alert folks picked up on the satellite’s looming demise and projections were hurriedly made to discover its projected crash site. North America ended up the prime candidate for receiving the failing satellite and NEST was activated, but a command decision was made not to worry the American people with this news. Certain governments, however, like Canada, Australia, Great Britain, New Zealand and Japan were read-in on the dirty little secret. Although everybody, DOD, EPA, NSC, CIA, State Department, FPA and EPA, was in on the game, DOE was in operational control at the request of the NSC. The Cosmos 954 re-entered the earth’s atmosphere around 7:00 a.m. EST on January 24, 1978 just over Canada’s Charlotte Islands. For the next three minutes it disintegrated and dropped

link

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium

www.cnet.com...

Watch the skies..

No it was this one
Cosmos 954

Hack Canada

WiKiPidia

Or was it this one Cosmos 1402

Aftermath only .1% recovered WOW
So you can read Silcone Synapse's thoughts?
And thanks for the links.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

We would not be cheering. Dreadful day. Maybe on DeBlasio

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: Indrasweb

We would not be cheering. Dreadful day. Maybe on DeBlasio
Now, in 1954 in Alabama a grapefruit sized meteorite crashed through the roof of a house, bounced off a large wooden radio(it was 1954 after all) and struck a woman as she napped on her couch. It bruised one side of her body but she was able to walk (Wikipedia's wording, not mine).
I would think there's a greater chance of being hit by a piece of space station than by a meteorite.
edit on 10/14/2017 by MissSmartypants because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I would think there's a greater chance og being hit by a piece of space station than by a meteorite.

Actually, I think far more meteors hit the ground than space junk.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I would think there's a greater chance og being hit by a piece of space station than by a meteorite.

Actually, I think far more meteors hit the ground than space junk.
Shoot...you're right.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Saw it. Dumb movie.

I forgave the dumb stuff for the things that they got right, like using the Soyuz landing thrusters and the fact that the orbital ground track is consistent and accurate throughout the movie. That level of attention-to-detail is virtually unheard-of in Hollywood. It told me that they understood the "dumb stuff" (in real life the Hubble, ISS & Tiangong are in different orbits and nothing has the fuel to go from one to the other), but without them they don't have much of a story. I had much less patience with the George Clooney character's inane chatter.

I would have liked to have seen a Space Shuttle External Tank re-entering.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indrasweb
Highly unlikely hypothetical situation alert!!!!

I 'd be curious to know; What would the response be if the falling Chinese satellite landed on the Whitehouse and killed Donald Trump (and please dont just say "everyone would cheer"), or if it fell on Buckingham palace and killed the queen...

Would there be a serious diplomatic incident? Would it be excused as it was entirely random and accidental? What do people think the response would be?

Genuinely curious.. .
I think there would be a collective "well, that happened" and then the news would turn to the latest celebrity sex scandal.
My answer to you may have seemed flippant but it wasn't really.
If a piece of space station did take someone of world importance out we would first get the "What a sad day this is for everyone" news coverage followed by a bevy of experts explaining why it simply wasn't possible to warn people to get out of the way Then these same experts will promise that the appropriate people will develope the technologies to ensure such a thing never happens again
And if the person was important enough they will televise the funeral
Then its onto the latest version of "cash me outside how bou dah".
edit on 10/14/2017 by MissSmartypants because: edit

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well, you can look up there. And see it, actually. It gets reasonably bright, but not like the ISS.

Go here and set your location:
www.heavens-above.com...

Thanks.
I recall now having an app that alerted me of spacecraft or debris passing over but it kept going off all day long, drove me nuts! So I deleted it. I don't recall what it was. Anyways it seems space debris is all too common though, correct?

I think it will mostly burn up or as usual land in the ocean. Could one cause a tsunami?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Crash "land" would seem to be a bit of a misnomer.

edit on 16/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
it's a good thing I searched before opening a new thread, so it appears that it fell in our region and people thought that it was a meteor

UAE Abu Dhabi

UAE Dubai

Bahrain

Qatar

enjoy

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

From the site that Phage linked, that was the SL-4 rocket booster that put the Progress MS07 ISS Resupply spacecraft into orbit. The site gives a map of the ground-track, and notes that the object could come down anywhere along the blue line. Sure enough, the blue line passes right over Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE.

Good thing it wasn't any bigger. It might have left a crater in Qatar.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join