It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Shortest IQ Test

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TracyC

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Nah, this isn't an IQ test. Actually people who think that they are smart because they know certain things are wrong.

There are many types of intelligence.

Spacial, logical, musical, physical, charismatic, existential, kenistetic, linguistic, and then from there there are others.

Most people relate smart with logical. But a logical/mathematical person may lack physical, charismatic skills for example.

And the real knowledge is not about stuff, but about behaving. About loving, about faith. About believing and doing. Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

All this IQ mumbo jumbo along with egos and narcissism, leads the world further and further into the pit of insanity and suffering. And yet you don't know it yet do you?

That is because the world in its wisdom decided to call God's wisdom foolish, God used the fools of the world to up-end and overturn the wisdom of the world:

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21.
Said the person who believes in ancient fairytales.

I was expecting this reply. And had this in mind to reply:

But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

1 Corinthians 2:14, 15.

you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

I realize that what I said went above your head. That is all I am going to say. Because I am also of sound enough mind to know how to deal with people on the internet..

It is so easy for you to understand, yet you can't.

That is NOT my doing. Again look above. There is a reason people cannot get to know Him. And it is not because of me. That is all up to him.

I'm not interesting in 'knowing your god'

That is indeed without a doubt. And without a doubt he already knows that. And thus you do not know him.

Like I said, it was already shown you above. He hid himself from you in his wisdom.
You seem to know a lot about what god knows and doesn't know. Does he speak to you often?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

a reply to: pheonix358

You're* not intelligent.

I never claimed I was. In fact I am no one worthy of account. Your diatribe is quite silly and funny actually. Considering you do not know who I am.

From your own words and reactions, although I do not know you personally, I am sure God has seen your heart and already weighed it.

He too has hidden himself from you, in his wisdom. That is not my doing. It is your own heart. I am neither here nor there nor anyone. But he is someone. And he can show you if he willed. If he so pleased.

You see the world in its its wisdom, God saw fit, to hide himself from you. To make those of us who are foolish in your own physical eyes without discernment, wise.

A hiding god? Oh, i see. You think you can see him with your specialness. You feel like you are better than most people don't you? You feel like those who don't believe in your version of god are not worthy of your level of specialness. And..... you can't wait to rub our little noses in that idea of yours. Yes, you know how to deal with people on the internet. Like the impudent little nothings that we are. Less than you anyways. Barely worth your time. Except, god MAKES you tell everyone about him. Definately not your feeling of superiority that makes you lash out at the little unknowing creatures. It's not even our fault that we don't understand. It must be god in all of his infinite glory that hides his revelations from us. But not you, cuz yer speshal.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Dang, I missed the pond. And, I must've stared at the computer for just under 10 minutes before I finished. I guess I'm dumb

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I had to use a formula for No. 1: ball + (ball + $1) = $1.10.

I had to guess for No. 2, i.e., given the same ratio of machines and products created, the rate of work had to be the same.

No. 3 reminded me of Al Bartlett's example relating to exponential growth. That is, we think that because we're halfway through the use of various resources, then we still have a lot of time before we run out of them, not realizing that we're closer to the endgame than we think.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Nah, this isn't an IQ test. Actually people who think that they are smart because they know certain things are wrong.

Spacial, logical, musical, physical, charismatic, existential, kenistetic, linguistic, and then from there there are others.

Most people relate smart with logical. But a logical/mathematical person may lack physical, charismatic skills for example.

And the real knowledge is not about stuff, but about behaving. About loving, about faith. About believing and doing. Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

All this IQ mumbo jumbo along with egos and narcissism, leads the world further and further into the pit of insanity and suffering. And yet you don't know it yet do you?

That is because the world in its wisdom decided to call God's wisdom foolish, God used the fools of the world to up-end and overturn the wisdom of the world:

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

Says the person who has such a poor personal conception of the meticulous and stringent nature of religious and philosophical thought, that they think their absudity is clever.

I challenge you to delve into the Marvel Comics nature of what most people presume is science.

Meticulous and stringent nature of philosophy? And religion?
I think you need to look up the definition of those words. They don't mean what you think they do.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

You do realize that using peers indoctrinated with the same false truths to validate said truths that are really just beliefs and not truths at all even in the gave of history showing that said truths have in fact almost always been false hoods is north only circular reasoning, but it's actually a form of insanity?

Jaden

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Ghost147

You do realize that using peers indoctrinated with the same false truths to validate said truths that are really just beliefs and not truths at all even in the gave of history showing that said truths have in fact almost always been false hoods is north only circular reasoning, but it's actually a form of insanity?

Jaden

What false truths? Science doesn't deal with "truths" it deals with observations and having the most accurate explanation for those observations and cross evaluated through thousands of other people objectively to confirm those results.

And guess what's best about Science? Anyone can do it. There are plenty of religious scientists out there, if you weren't aware.

I didn't go looking for sources that were specifically written by atheists, for atheists.

Science doesn't deal with philosophy or doctrines. Anyone can make an observation, write a hypothesis on why that phenomena occurs, experiment on that hypothesis to show it's accurate, and have it experimented by others to confirm it's accurate, or show how it's inaccurate.

When was the last time you saw religion do the same? There's no room for bias in Science.

Here's the fundamental difference between religions and Science:

Religion makes claims and demands that no one question those claims, else be stoned to death.

Science makes observations, attempts to explain them, then asks everyone to disprove that explanation.

Which is the more humble approach in determining reality?

I was expecting this reply. And had this in mind to reply:

But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

1 Corinthians 2:14, 15.

you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

I realize that what I said went above your head. That is all I am going to say. Because I am also of sound enough mind to know how to deal with people on the internet..

It is so easy for you to understand, yet you can't.

That is NOT my doing. Again look above. There is a reason people cannot get to know Him. And it is not because of me. That is all up to him.

I'm not interesting in 'knowing your god'

That is indeed without a doubt. And without a doubt he already knows that. And thus you do not know him.

Like I said, it was already shown you above. He hid himself from you in his wisdom.

Nothing says "All powerful" than a being that hides from people who don't believe in it...

edit on 14/10/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/10/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

"Believing crap" intelligence is at an all time high.

Wow. This is a special brand of arrogance.

You think a lot of yourself, don't you.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Ghost typed:

"you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

Greetings and Salutations-

Point of Order? If Y'all are arguing about 'The Bible™' which one? The one where Adam(u) is still with His first Wife Lilith or had "The Quorum™" got rid of ALL the Yin angle to thee aforementioned 'rule book' and produced "Eve" and made sure She was sub-servient by NEEDING Adam for a boost. Is "Noah" now "Noah" or still Gilgamesh?

TheTruth doesn't need a book, it doesn't NEED rules, doesn't NEED a building that runs a tax-free business, doesn't NEED anyone speaking for it's defense because TheTruth doesn't NEED defending, it stands alone and by ALL MEANS doesn't "change" That is what makes it 'true'...

KingJimmy version?
Pre-Civil War Baptist?

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

It doesn’t matter what bible or any other religious text or non religious text you use. If you’re claiming that “so and so is a fact” and your source for proving it as a fact is is the very thing you’re claiming to be a fact, then that’s circular reasoning.

It makes no difference what we’re talking about, religion or not, circular reasoning is still circular reasoning

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Says the person who has such a poor personal conception of the meticulous and stringent nature of religious and philosophical thought, that they think their absudity is clever.

I challenge you to delve into the Marvel Comics nature of what most people presume is science.

I think you need to look up the definition of those words. They don't mean what you think they do.

meticulous
mɪˈtɪkjʊləs/
adjective
adjective: meticulous

showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.
"the designs are hand-glazed with meticulous care"
synonyms: careful, conscientious, diligent, ultra-careful, scrupulous, punctilious, painstaking, demanding, exacting, accurate, correct; thorough, studious, rigorous, detailed, perfectionist, fastidious, methodical, particular, strict;
pedantic, fussy;
white-glove;
archaicnice, laborious
"meticulous attention to detail"

--------------------------

stringent
ˈstrɪn(d)ʒ(ə)nt/
adjective
adjective: stringent

(of regulations, requirements, or conditions) strict, precise, and exacting.
"stringent guidelines on air pollution"
synonyms: strict, firm, rigid, rigorous, severe, harsh, tough, tight, exacting, demanding, inflexible, stiff, hard and fast, uncompromising, draconian, extreme
"the safety regulations are very stringent"

People have been arguing, intellectualizing, publishing and examinining the topics of theology and philosophy for thousands of years, well back into ancient times.

The scientific method, upon which all modern science is based, was codified in the late 19th century, which makes it's intellectual pedigree, somewhat of a juvenile by comparison.

In fact, Physics and Metaphysics were both considered as 'sciences' for thousands of years prior to the branching off (academically) of modern science.

None of this is hidden or secret information. Surely intellectual curiosity would have led to its revelation and that, perhaps, is an indicator of intelligence (bringing the topic back to the thread on IQ).

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

meticulous
mɪˈtɪkjʊləs/
adjective
adjective: meticulous

showing great attention to detail; very careful and precise.
"the designs are hand-glazed with meticulous care"
synonyms: careful, conscientious, diligent, ultra-careful, scrupulous, punctilious, painstaking, demanding, exacting, accurate, correct; thorough, studious, rigorous, detailed, perfectionist, fastidious, methodical, particular, strict;
pedantic, fussy;
white-glove;
archaicnice, laborious
"meticulous attention to detail"

stringent
ˈstrɪn(d)ʒ(ə)nt/
adjective
adjective: stringent

(of regulations, requirements, or conditions) strict, precise, and exacting.
"stringent guidelines on air pollution"
synonyms: strict, firm, rigid, rigorous, severe, harsh, tough, tight, exacting, demanding, inflexible, stiff, hard and fast, uncompromising, draconian, extreme
"the safety regulations are very stringent"

People have been arguing, intellectualizing, publishing and examinining the topics of theology and philosophy for thousands of years, well back into ancient times.

The scientific method, upon which all modern science is based, was codified in the late 19th century, which makes it's intellectual pedigree, somewhat of a juvenile by comparison.

In fact, Physics and Metaphysics were both considered as 'sciences' for thousands of years prior to the branching off (academically) of modern science.

None of this is hidden or secret information. Surely intellectual curiosity would have led to its revelation and that, perhaps, is an indicator of intelligence (bringing the topic back to the thread on IQ).

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join