It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Shortest IQ Test

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

We should all constantly quiz ourselves and each other

in exactly this fashion

every day of our lives

P.S.
The test was negative. Is that a good thing ?
edit on 14-10-2017 by sunkuong because: updates

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TracyC

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Nah, this isn't an IQ test. Actually people who think that they are smart because they know certain things are wrong.

There are many types of intelligence.

Spacial, logical, musical, physical, charismatic, existential, kenistetic, linguistic, and then from there there are others.

Most people relate smart with logical. But a logical/mathematical person may lack physical, charismatic skills for example.

And the real knowledge is not about stuff, but about behaving. About loving, about faith. About believing and doing. Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

All this IQ mumbo jumbo along with egos and narcissism, leads the world further and further into the pit of insanity and suffering. And yet you don't know it yet do you?

That is because the world in its wisdom decided to call God's wisdom foolish, God used the fools of the world to up-end and overturn the wisdom of the world:

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21.
Said the person who believes in ancient fairytales.

I was expecting this reply. And had this in mind to reply:

But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

1 Corinthians 2:14, 15.

you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

I realize that what I said went above your head. That is all I am going to say. Because I am also of sound enough mind to know how to deal with people on the internet..

It is so easy for you to understand, yet you can't.

That is NOT my doing. Again look above. There is a reason people cannot get to know Him. And it is not because of me. That is all up to him.

I'm not interesting in 'knowing your god'

What you said was accurate, regarding the inaccuracy of IQ tests. The OP's linked test is certainly not an accurate portrayal of intelligence.

You are correct that IQ tests, in order to be accurate, need to examine a plethora of traits, rather than more specifically: math, reading comprehension, puzzle solving.

However, statistically speaking, if you are religious, you are more likely to have a lower level on intelligence than a person who is not religious.

A 2013 analysis by University of Rochester found “a reliable negative relation between intelligence and religiosity” in 53 out of 63 historic studies.

That's not to say that every religious person is unintelligent, nor that every non-religious person is intelligent, but the studies do find a correlation between the two.

You can view the study here, if you're interested: link

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

That happens sometimes with time machines.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

**boing**
You got mail😆

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
In my opinion one of the most important factors in IQ testing is pattern recognition, patterns are in everything, especially valuable stats and trends.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Good lord. This is ATS. At least try and join the conversation that has already started in another thread.

Not trying to be a d# or anything but just trying to say that many topics are already here.

Join the conversation!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Nah, this isn't an IQ test. Actually people who think that they are smart because they know certain things are wrong.

Spacial, logical, musical, physical, charismatic, existential, kenistetic, linguistic, and then from there there are others.

Most people relate smart with logical. But a logical/mathematical person may lack physical, charismatic skills for example.

And the real knowledge is not about stuff, but about behaving. About loving, about faith. About believing and doing. Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

All this IQ mumbo jumbo along with egos and narcissism, leads the world further and further into the pit of insanity and suffering. And yet you don't know it yet do you?

That is because the world in its wisdom decided to call God's wisdom foolish, God used the fools of the world to up-end and overturn the wisdom of the world:

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

I realize that what I said went above your head. That is all I am going to say. Because I am also of sound enough mind to know how to deal with people on the internet..

That is NOT my doing. Again look above. There is a reason people cannot get to know Him. And it is not because of me. That is all up to him.

I'm not interesting in 'knowing your god'

That is indeed without a doubt. And without a doubt he already knows that. And thus you do not know him.

Like I said, it was already shown you above. He hid himself from you in his wisdom.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TracyC

God does not like the wise for they are a lot harder to indoctrinate into believing.

Or ... he does not like the competition.

Either way, the lower the IQ, the more religions love you, for you are easy to control.

Religion in all of its myriad forms is just a control mechanism for the rich and powerful.

Politics in all of its myriad forms is just a control mechanism for the rich and powerful.

You can believe as you want, it is your right but what you are doing is wrong. But then, your not intelligent so you refute logical information with religious dogma.

P

edit on 14/10/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

So Trump fails?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You're* not intelligent.

I never claimed I was. In fact I am no one worthy of account. Your diatribe is quite silly and funny actually. Considering you do not know who I am.

From your own words and reactions, although I do not know you personally, I am sure God has seen your heart and already weighed it.

He too has hidden himself from you, in his wisdom. That is not my doing. It is your own heart. I am neither here nor there nor anyone. But he is someone. And he can show you if he willed. If he so pleased.

You see the world in its its wisdom, God saw fit, to hide himself from you. To make those of us who are foolish in your own physical eyes without discernment, wise.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

1. 5 cents (for bat to be a dollar more, it has to be $1+ the cost of the ball. = $1.10)

2. 5 minutes (the machines are working at the same rate of speed)

3. 47 days (exponential growth = doubles in size each day)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Ancient fairytales are not happening all around us today, however Bible verses are.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Says the person who has such a poor personal conception of the meticulous and stringent nature of religious and philosophical thought, that they think their absudity is clever.

I challenge you to delve into the Marvel Comics nature of what most people presume is science.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

1. 10 pence 2. 100 minutes 3. 24 days 

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Three questions:

1. A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

I suggest finalizing your answers before scrolling down or clicking the links.

I'll be back to discuss in 24hr.

not much effort to this post, just a straight copy and paste from google etc... surely the moderators will trash this post

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

From new England?

Back on topic I got em all.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I knew you'd have another bible quote locked and ready. I do love poetry. But i prefer science and god isn't real.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

I took your advice and "looked above." Thanks a lot, bruh. Now I see I need to paint the spot on my ceiling where the bathtub leaked upstairs.
:god would fix that bathtub if you were a true believer. Ask Tracy, she has no problems in her life. Prayer makes everything better.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join