It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Shortest IQ Test

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Three questions:

1. A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

I suggest finalizing your answers before scrolling down or clicking the links.

I'll be back to discuss in 24hr.
www.yahoo.com...

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

edit on Sat Oct 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED EX TAGS and SOURCE IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
law.yale.edu/system/files/area/workshop/leo/document/Frederick_CognitiveReflectionandDecisionMaking.pdf

law.yale.edu...

www.iflscience.com/brain/prove-your-smarts-with-the-worlds-shortest-iq-test/

www.iflscience.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

1) 5 cents

2) 5 minutes

3) 47 days.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Pretty simple..

It does however show very well what I can't seem to show people in the real world.. when your answer to me comes as I'm finishing my sentence you didn't stop and think.. you felt an answer based on emotion and that just feels good. Lol

edit on 13-10-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

ah you beat me

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: Woodcarver

ah you beat me

I'm wicked smart

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What happened to yesterdays version of this thread?

P

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Nah, this isn't an IQ test. Actually people who think that they are smart because they know certain things are wrong.

There are many types of intelligence.

Spacial, logical, musical, physical, charismatic, existential, kenistetic, linguistic, and then from there there are others.

Most people relate smart with logical. But a logical/mathematical person may lack physical, charismatic skills for example.

And the real knowledge is not about stuff, but about behaving. About loving, about faith. About believing and doing. Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

All this IQ mumbo jumbo along with egos and narcissism, leads the world further and further into the pit of insanity and suffering. And yet you don't know it yet do you?

That is because the world in its wisdom decided to call God's wisdom foolish, God used the fools of the world to up-end and overturn the wisdom of the world:

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

1 Corinthians 1:18-21.

edit on 14-10-2017 by TracyC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TracyC

Pontificate much?

Chill out.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: TracyC

Pontificate much?

Chill out.

I'm chill. I'm making hamburger and fries.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TracyC
Nah, this isn't an IQ test. Actually people who think that they are smart because they know certain things are wrong.

Spacial, logical, musical, physical, charismatic, existential, kenistetic, linguistic, and then from there there are others.

Most people relate smart with logical. But a logical/mathematical person may lack physical, charismatic skills for example.

And the real knowledge is not about stuff, but about behaving. About loving, about faith. About believing and doing. Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

All this IQ mumbo jumbo along with egos and narcissism, leads the world further and further into the pit of insanity and suffering. And yet you don't know it yet do you?

That is because the world in its wisdom decided to call God's wisdom foolish, God used the fools of the world to up-end and overturn the wisdom of the world:

For the speech about the torture stake is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is God’s power. 19 For it is written: “I will make the wisdom of the wise men perish, and the intelligence of the intellectuals I will reject.” 20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this system of things? Has not God made the wisdom of the world foolish? 21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not get to know God through its wisdom, God was pleased through the foolishness of what is preached to save those believing.

Said the person who believes in ancient fairytales.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

S&F
but Kali74 did this..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: I'd give the answers but.. I feel I would have cheated.

A LOT🙄
edit on 14-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I 100% agree with this. It's not a matter of opinion either, it's well known that IQ tests that are not inclusive of a broader spectrum of traits and cognitive ability have intrinsic inaccuracies.

Those with Godly wisdom will in the end live forever.

I 100% disagree with this.

It's actually quite ironic you refer to ego as a negative, yet spout absolute necessary belief in your particular god in order to be considered intelligent.
edit on 14/10/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I was expecting this reply. And had this in mind to reply:

But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

1 Corinthians 2:14, 15.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

"Believing crap" intelligence is at an all time high.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man.

you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

you do realize that using your faith to disprove an argument in an attempt to justify your faith by using the book you have faith in that tells you about non-believers is circular reasoning, right?

I realize that what I said went above your head. That is all I am going to say. Because I am also of sound enough mind to know how to deal with people on the internet..

It is so easy for you to understand, yet you can't.

That is NOT my doing. Again look above. There is a reason people cannot get to know Him. And it is not because of me. That is all up to him.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I realize that what I said went above your head. That is all I am going to say. Because I am also of sound enough mind to know how to deal with people on the internet..

It is so easy for you to understand, yet you can't.

That is NOT my doing. Again look above. There is a reason people cannot get to know Him. And it is not because of me. That is all up to him.

I took your advice and "looked above." Thanks a lot, bruh. Now I see I need to paint the spot on my ceiling where the bathtub leaked upstairs.
edit on 14-10-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Sooo I was looking into past post when i discovered a troll🙄

edit on 14-10-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Sooo I was looking into past post when i discovered a troll🙄

I was looking into past post when I discovered a time machine.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join