It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LVMPD 10/13 update, Sheriff sounds like he's giving clues

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Quick synopsis of the briefing:

Overall both the sheriff and FBI agent are saying the investigation is dynamic, far reaching, and huge...The sheriff and FBI agent both are providing information to calm the community. The sheriff thinks some of the information he provides in the briefing will also change by the time they are done with the investigation. 45 victims still remain in the hospital, some in critical condition. They do not know why they were given the information of the 28th being more important than the 25th early on in the investigation. On the 28th payment and registration had changed to include Marilou Danley. He confirms the suspect shot at police cars, injuring officers as they approached the scene. There are more details revealed in the briefing, here are some important parts:

@ 11:25 he takes a very deep breath, "22:05 references the majority of fire, upon our community, we still stand by that time, and that was done by the combination of different sources.....(that I listed for you earlier) "

It sounds like he snuck in confirmation of multiple shooters in his statement, i.e. "different sources". When he discusses police reaching the 32nd floor he phrases, "they don't believe there is an active shooter on the 32nd floor.....and you know the rest."

He restates that @ 12:46, "My attempt to give you information as I know it, unverified, to calm the public, not to establish a legal case. Everyone understand that?"

edit on 13-10-2017 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Sounds like he might be sending "messages" to conspiracy theorists.

Also sounds like the LV police are really not part of the bigger investigation.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The sheriff calls Steven Paddock the suspect and not the perpetrator throughout the whole investigation, and that is a big clue they can't pin the whole event on Steven Paddock because he is just a suspect. What is ongoing about the investigation? ___________ whatever that could be is left out....which is obviously multiple shooters.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Or to anyone paying attention & with half a brain.

Should be apparent that this investigation has been turned on its head.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I have said from the beginning, there is zero evidence produced to date that shows Paddock is the shooter.

All they have is his dead body in the room.

They could easily have provided information by now on GSR and other forensic hallmarks ... but they have not.

Just gets sillier by the day.

P

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

It sounds like he snuck in confirmation of multiple shooters in his statement, i.e. "different sources". When he discusses police reaching the 32nd floor he phrases, "they don't believe there is an active shooter on the 32nd floor.....and you know the rest."

I live in Vegas and listened to the whole press conference live, and in no way what you are insinuating can be construed by what he said.

When he said they don't believe there is an active shooter, it's because there wasn't....anywhere. The shooting was completely done and the psycho had offed himself by then.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The sheriff did a bit of CYA in the beginning, clarifying his early comments were to "calm the community" and that his integrity remains (because he has been reading [on the internet] some have been questioning his honesty).

I know these types of investigations are indeed far-reaching but this sheriff seems a bit clumsy. I dont think he is dropping clues, I think he might be a bit "loose" is all.

He's a bit nervous behind the mic, and probably tired and under a tremendous amount of pressure from all angles (which is obviously affecting him if he is CYAing about internet sentiments). This can lead to poor communication - not necessarily "clue-dropping". I think some are just reading into his comments too much. He clearly states, "there is no conspiracy". He cant put it any clearer.

That said, believe whatever your heart desires.
edit on 3515x6735America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Once the shooter on the 32nd stopped firing, any other shooters had to stop firing as well ... or give up their location.

The primary question remains, why wait 60 minutes before assaulting the room on the 32nd floor.

I was listening live to the police radio, they started clearing floors instead of going after the known shooter. Why?

The only real answer is that they knew the the shooter was already dead.

PO

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Law Enforcement is not required to provide that type of investigative information to the media / public. It is exempt under state and federal FOIA laws.

The FBI / LVMPD also blocked 2 journalists from attending the press conference. The same 2 journalists who went to the security officers house trying to locate him after he bailed on 5 interviews.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Probably because they did not know how many shooters were involved. If the person is contained to a room then you evacuate as many civilians as possible to prevent them from being killed / injured or, should the shooter escape the room, as hostages.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Vector99

Once the shooter on the 32nd stopped firing, any other shooters had to stop firing as well ... or give up their location.

The primary question remains, why wait 60 minutes before assaulting the room on the 32nd floor.

I was listening live to the police radio, they started clearing floors instead of going after the known shooter. Why?

The only real answer is that they knew the the shooter was already dead.

PO

If someone is shooting from the room, then it is probable that they may have booby-trapped the room with explosives and trip-wires, especially the doors. Thus the need for explosives to blast open the door.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I live in Vegas and listened to the whole press conference live, and in no way what you are insinuating can be construed by what he said.

When he said they don't believe there is an active shooter, it's because there wasn't....anywhere. The shooting was completely done and the psycho had offed himself by then.

It does sound like he is giving clues because the attackers hurt his men! He is clearly emotional...They do not know who the active shooter, or shooters are, they only have 1 suspect. Stephen Paddock is a suspect.

Multiple shooters, multiple locations confirmed by police below:

@ 1:13, LVMPD, "Hey THEY are shooting right at us."

"Where's it at?"

"NORTH OF THE MANDALAY BAY. It is coming out of a window."

edit on 13-10-2017 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

This guy is a horrible speaker. They really should have a PR officer. He tries to speak in cop-talk and is continuously screwing up words and using improper words. For example, he clearly doesn't know what "verbatim" means. This doesn't make him a bad guy or a bad cop. It just makes him a bad communicator which is why they should have a pro in a case like this.

His attempts to clear up the timeline issues falls completely flat. He says it was accurate to begin with but never explains why we didn't know Campos was shot first. The timeline as to when Paddock opened fire externally may've been accurate but not the stuff about Campos. And the fact that he was trying to calm the public has nothing to do with this. Also, he referenced that they got the times through security logs and talking to Campos. So all the stuff about doing tons of interviews, etc. is just a red herring.

If all the info isn't in or verified, then why is he trying to calm the public if there is potentially more shooters out there? At least two witnesses that I'm aware of are still claiming multiple shooters. Doesn't the public have the right to know that there's the possibility of more gunmen around?

I have to say that I'm really uncomfortable about him crying about a cop with a broken leg. I realize he's tired, etc., but dammit it is just cringey to me. Sorry if that makes me a bad guy.

The fish mouthed FBI guy is so full of BS it's gross. His entire statement is a self-serving clump of verbal nothingness. And the platitudes he ends with gross me the hell out.

The most intriguing thing about this press conference to me was that he felt the need to combat "conspiracy" stories. It's mind boggling to me that he's even reading what people are posting online. I mean if he's working so damned hard, how does he find the time? But then to go ahead and argue against it at a press conference, well, that's just wow.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

You try speaking as well after working 60 plus hours, with 1000 thoughts running through your head.
Public speaking is not easy, and I do not think Sheriffs are elected with prerequisites placed on how well they engage a crowd.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

That's my point exactly. Get someone who's job it is. Most major American police departments have a press secretary. Not only are they better at communicating but there's an additional protection there just for instances like this. When things get screwed up you blame it on the press guy.

Believe me, I would not trade places with this guy for all the money in the world. I know many cops in Boston and you wouldn't believe the # the FBI pulled during the Marathon Bombing investigation. They didn't even provide the BPD with the info about the suspects until the press conference the FBI had.

I'm sure he's doing his best to protect his city. I can't say I feel the same way for the Feds. The only thing I think he can be called out on is worrying about internet coverage of his investigation. It's a waste of time and energy and cannot help with the case whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I find myself unable to watch the entire video. The emotions coming off that man are too intense...makes me feel physically sick. However, I saw all I needed to within the first couple of seconds.

That man is scared shltless. He is experiencing such a high level of anxiety that he cannot hold still for even a few seconds. He doesn't want to look up, because his mind is trying to deny the words coming from his mouth. In fact, his eyes keep closing...you can see him forcing them back open.

He is also angry. At whomever is forcing him to do this, and also at himself for being too afraid to defy them. Whatever they threatened this man with, it was significant. He wants to tell the truth, but they've got him and he knows it...and it is ripping him apart emotionally. He actually gags a couple of times. Choking on the lies he's being forced to tell.

I think it is a tremendous stretch to say he's sending veiled messages with his words. He wouldn't dare try. Look how closely he's being watched. However, he is sending plenty of messages with his body.

Look at his hands. They're all over the place. Quite literally grasping for something, anything, to anchor him. To say that his world has been rocked would be a gross understatement. He is drowning. Going under. And there is no one to help him.

Fear, anger, anguish, shame, hopelessness...all of those emotions are present. He is backed up against a wall, because he fully believes whatever threats were made to him if he refuses to comply will be carried out. It doesn't matter if they actually intend to do it. He believes that they will.

I'm not going to go into my personal opinion of what transpired that night...there are plenty of threads going that address that already. However, I will say unequivocally that based on his body language alone, this man is definitely lying and definitely under duress. The emotions spilling out of him only make that more obvious to me. This is one of the most disturbing things I have ever watched, and believe me, I have seen some pretty damned disturbing things in my life.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

For the same reason fire and rescue workers are on stand down until the area is cleared and secured. There were other people on the floor, it was an active situation that at the moment wasn't active. I seriously doubt had the shooting resumed that the police wouldn't have engaged.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

LVMPD, "Hey THEY are shooting right at us."

They is a commonly used term, and in the beginning of the situation there was mass confusion. Loud things echo on the strip, there are a lot of really big buildings to reflect the sound.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

For the same reason fire and rescue workers are on stand down until the area is cleared and secured. There were other people on the floor, it was an active situation that at the moment wasn't active. I seriously doubt had the shooting resumed that the police wouldn't have engaged.

BS. Fire and rescue are not armed nor are they trained for this.

This is what Police are trained for.

What if in 30 minutes, he opened up again?

They knew he was already dead.

The timeline reeks.

P

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

BS. Fire and rescue are not armed nor are they trained for this.

This is what Police are trained for.

What if in 30 minutes, he opened up again?

They knew he was already dead.

The timeline reeks.

P

Has there even been a formal charge against him yet? Why would this be taking so long?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join