It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anarchist takes on the drug industry — by teaching patients to make their own meds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
www.statnews.com...

Very interesting approach to taking on the MAN. He is expecting to release a micro-lab plans for a DIY this coming year.

Swaggering, charismatic, and complex, Michael Laufer has become a fixture in the growing biohacker movement ever since he published plans last year for a do-it-yourself EpiPencil — a $35 alternative to the pricey EpiPen.

A decade ago, while he was volunteering with aid workers in El Salvador, Laufer said a nurse at a remote health outpost told him she’d run out of antibiotics and birth control pills — cheap, generic medicines that even her suppliers couldn’t immediately replenish. “This is ridiculous. They should be able to build their own simple lab” to make the pills, he recalled thinking at the time.

The moment haunted him.

So, two years ago, Laufer began to work in earnest on his plans to help disenfranchised patients develop a modicum of self sufficiency when it came to essential medicines.

Sounds like a dummy

He studied particle physics as an undergrad and said he reads 18 or 19 languages, modern and ancient, east and west. As a graduate student, “I actually had to learn French in a day,” he said. “I managed to absorb enough that I was able to translate a math paper.”

How long before Congress criminalize this or associate it to making crystal meth.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
It will go the way of the infamous "Anarchist's Cookbook"

I dont think people have to go far to know how to make Meth, its everywhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
It will go the way of the infamous "Anarchist's Cookbook"

I dont think people have to go far to know how to make Meth, its everywhere.

Or you can watch the series 'Breaking Bad' for Meth making secret hints and other fun stuff.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I get what he is saying, but building a safe and working lab is no joke. For people to try and set up one, my concern would be sterility.

Aseptic technique and quality control.....have to be very precise with some concentrations too, unless you want to have someone fall over dead from a heart attack.
edit on pm1010201717America/Chicago13p03pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a dangerous idea,

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

So ''that's'' why sex educations gone down the crapper.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Could be No more dangerous than not getting access to the meds you need.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Oh joy, bathtub medication.
This sounds more dangerous than the ailment you want to treat.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
He should visit the countryside of west china for his recipes, he'll be amazed by how people use mother natures way of healing the sick, "in most cases that is". Not all, and I know that.

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Nice of him to help out.....maybe he should get down to causality instead of dealing with symptomology........and build a lab which produces anti-parasitic natural medicines which will help us eradicate all diseases and cancers if we combine their use with an alkaline body and monoatomic supplements.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Could be No more dangerous than not getting access to the meds you need.

Or it could be a lot more.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

... to cook up a range of medicines, including a homemade version of the expensive hepatitis C drug Sovaldi, on their kitchen counters.

Kitchen Organic synthesis + Auto medication + Lack of independant audit + No competence = Darwin Award

top topics

join