It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My top 4 underrated games. What's your list?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
1. Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning

This one was a gem. I really enjoyed the story and world of this game. It's unfortunate that the game was overshadowed by the release of Dragon's Dogma. While well over a million copies of KOA were sold, it just wasn't enough to fund the cost of developing this game. R.A Salvatore has said "there's so much more to this world;" however, sadly, a sequel to this great game isn't likely.

2. Binary Domain

Made by Sega, need I say more? Poor marketing of this really good shooter led to only 40,000 copies being sold and diminished the likelihood of ever seeing a sequel.

3. Spec Ops: The Line

Probably the most insightful glimpse I have ever seen from a shooter in regards to warfare. If you haven't played this game, it's a must.

4. L.A Noire

The ONLY Rockstar game I have actually enjoyed. It's kind of like GTA, only from the perspective of a detective. It is a gem of a game.

What's your four top underrated games? I am interested in seeing the responses.

edit on 12-10-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

A guy I went to high school with was in la noire. Blew my mind. (Bartender during hit and run case)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Nice! My list is dated and in no particular order

Jet Set Radio Future - Not as popular sequel to a smash hit. I thought the second one was better put together and the music is stuck in my head 20 years later.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater - I stopped playing this series a long time ago, but the originals were fantastic and the music is still great.

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 - I really enjoyed this game back in the day. I went back to find it recently and it is retailing for nearly $200!

Discworld - The only point and click adventure game I have been able to tolerate. Challenging, humorous, and fun.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I'd have to say the Metro games. I never see them mentioned, and they're amazing.

edit on 10/12/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Cutthroats

Blue Dragon

Red Faction

11th hour

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
ETA: SORRY! This is a video game thread!! My bad, I just saw games and started writing. I'm an idiot. Lol
edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 12 Oct 2017 16:22:41 -050010pmThursdayth04pm by EternalShadow because: apology

edit on E31America/ChicagoThu, 12 Oct 2017 16:29:28 -050010pmThursdayth04pm by EternalShadow because: erased

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

The 1st Red Faction had a brilliant story and great gameplay. Definitely deserved more ps credit.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Yeah, the Metro games were pretty good. I liked Kill Zone, another rarely mentioned franchise, as well...

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BadBoYeed

That's cool.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning

Thats the one , right there

Wasteland 2
The Divinity Series
Blades of Time

edit on 10/12/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Heavy rain was pretty good.

I loved LA Noire but couldn't finish it. During right after the library shootout I couldn't do anything or go anywhere, the game kind of froze. I exchanged the game for another copy and same thing happened. Cleared some data that might be corrupted and reinstalled, same issue. I suspect it had to do with the console itself, same thing happened with Dishonored, had to return it

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
1. Psychonauts. Tim Schafer makes beautiful games that appeal to niche gamers. I must be in the intended niche because I thought this (and the next game on my list) was a masterpiece.

2. Brutal Legend: The second Tim Schafer game on my list. If you grew up listening to heavy metal, reading Heavy Metal comics, watching Headbanger's Ball video, reading Thrasher and Hot Rod magazines, had long hair and a flair for the dark fantasy images... if you ever experienced a Ronnie James Dio music video and thought it was a moving piece of majesty... if Conan the Barbarian felt like watching a historical documentary to you, then Brutal Legend is a game you simply must play. It is a game simply filled with "the metal."

3. Nintendo Gamecube: I'm cheating. I love my Gamecube, but it seems like the little cube has become the redheaded stepchild of Nintendo's empire. Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Pikmin, DK Jungle Beat, Animal Crossing, Zelda 4 Swords, WInd Wajer (at the time of release), FF Crystal Chronicals, all were sadly underappreciated excellent games on the Cube.

4. Koei's Uncharted Waters games on the NES, SNES, and Genesis. I had a lot of fun with these games, still do. They are slower paced with a very RPG feel to them, but never really caught on in popularity outside of Japan for some reason. If you want a good one to start with, try Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on the SNES.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Red Faction

Another great one

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth 2 - I really enjoyed this game back in the day. I went back to find it recently and it is retailing for nearly $200!

One of my all time favorites..

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I bought a GameCube just for Crystal Chronicles, and was not disappointed at all. Only other GC game I purchased was Resident Evil 4, which was also an exclusive at the time. I still have both games but Resident Evil 4 was much improved on the ps2.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

You should be able to track down copies of Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, and Luigis Mansion for $15-$20 a piece, I highly recommend it. They're very underappreciated games. I too have RE 4 on my Cube and have to agree that there are better ports of it available for other systems.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I thought I was the only one who thought KoA was an awesome game. Still is even.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Lol, it's cool..

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Nah, it has a fanbase, it's just that they don't see any point to dwell on it... Just wonder what might have been

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
1. Parasite Eve 2: One of the best RPG games I have had the joy of competing, over 30 times. The story is great and the replayabillity with different powers and guns, as well as the harder modes (Bounty mode and nightmare) are just insanely interesting. Getting the highest BP score is where it's at!

2. Final Fantasy 8,10, 12 and 9. I HATED 7. One of the best series out there for true RPG fans. 8 had it all for me, the card game, the interesting story and the summons. One of the classics!

3. Team Buddies. This game retails for about £400 now. Back in the day, on the PS1 we had a multi-tap and this was THE game to be playing with it, it's insanely funny, unbelievably easy to play and just all round brilliant. One of the finest examples of a multi-player done RIGHT!

4. Armored core. This was a gem of a game! Upgraded robots slugging it out in a mechanized future dystopia! Beating 8 ball was one of my crowning achievements in gaming!

5. Too many! Digimon world 1, World of tanks, resident evil 2 and 4. There's too many games to choose from!!!!
Mass effect! Skyrim, Morrowind! Populous, worms, micro machines v3!!!!! POY POY 2!!!

ALL TIME FAVE: Virtual On. The BEST game ever made, EVER PERIOD.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join