It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top secret information about Australia’s military hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Looks like someone hacked a small mom and pop defense contractor in Australia.

However what they stole was information on F-35, C130, P-8, JDAM and some naval vessels. Some of the information stolen was very detailed according to a manager.

TOP secret technical information about new fighter jets, navy vessels, and surveillance aircraft has been stolen from an Australian defence contractor.

Dan Tehan, the minister in charge of cyber security, on Tuesday confirmed the hacking of an unnamed contractor but did not reveal specific details.

The hacker in the attack was named ALF. Wonder if he liked cats.

I feel sorry for the contractor. Cyber security isn't easy and with just 1 guy doing IT work it's pretty rough to keep up. IT security is expensive and I don't see too many mom and pop shops having the ability to keep with the times.

Here's another article.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Looks like 30 gigs of data was stolen. And had access to the data for 3 months.

edit on 11-10-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Their fleet of stealth kangaroos is now compromised

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Holy #, australia has a military?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There was nothing classified that was taken or acquired it has been reported, and the incident occured last year some time.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Looks like someone hacked a small mom and pop defense contractor in Australia.

However what they stole was information on F-35, C130, P-8, JDAM and some naval vessels. Some of the information stolen was very detailed according to a manager.

TOP secret technical information about new fighter jets, navy vessels, and surveillance aircraft has been stolen from an Australian defence contractor.

Dan Tehan, the minister in charge of cyber security, on Tuesday confirmed the hacking of an unnamed contractor but did not reveal specific details.

The hacker in the attack was named ALF. Wonder if he liked cats.

I feel sorry for the contractor. Cyber security isn't easy and with just 1 guy doing IT work it's pretty rough to keep up. IT security is expensive and I don't see too many mom and pop shops having the ability to keep with the times.

Here's another article.

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Looks like 30 gigs of data was stolen. And had access to the data for 3 months.

Wtf is mom and pop?
Top secret? According to the government it was not classified information that was stolen. Where’s the top secret part? Besides your sensationalism..

And that’s not the Alf they are referring to.
I know you’re American and you think the universe revolves around your crappy violent culture, but the Alf being referred to is a fictional character on an Australian soap opera.

Typical American though thinking everything is about them.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There are people in the government that have full time jobs making stuff up for hackers to find and to trail them.

Just saying

Hi ALF!!

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What did they use the 950mb they have left of the 1gb memory stick ?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

It's right here according news.com.au. And it's not my sensationalism it's your news. Argue with them about it.

And that’s not the Alf they are referring to. I know you’re American and you think the universe revolves around your crappy violent culture, but the Alf being referred to is a fictional character on an Australian soap opera.

Typical American though thinking everything is about them.

I realize that. However I was making a joke. Apparently it was lost upon you. I have good a friend living in Australia. He tells me Australians are usually funny, usually very nice easy going people and not rude at all.
edit on 14-10-2017 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My favourite people on the internet are people who say they have friends here or there or their friends are this ethnicity or that.

a reply to: grey580

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Damn, this is embarrasing.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: mortex

I wish you a nice day.

new topics

top topics

join