It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Scales Are Broken

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Whats with the smile at the end there?

I mean, does it provide you some sick pleasure to know that mere law prevents people from being fed who will other wise go hungry, perhaps starve or freeze to death, absent the nourishment?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You’re absolutely right. The concept of justice is being thrown to the wind in favour superficial concepts like diversity, social justice, and anti-hatred. The irony is, so long as justice remains, the others should fall in place nicely.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

The law stands in the way of justice, but its old laws which do it most often, not laws written in the post PC age.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We have so many laws that obviously we are a fluid culture meaning any law is subject to change if so desired by our president, the congress or the judicial system. All of these are crooked, unfair and do not at present serve the needs and wants of its constituents.

The times are bad. We are exploding at our neighbors as well the dirty politicians-time for a major overhaul.

Sorry, Constitutionalists, but we to upgrade our laws and rules of the nation to represent all peoples-1776 we are not.

We are a deeply divided, angry, broken nation. But who has the courage to take this on? People are too lazy and complacent.

The Deep State may have gone a step too far-time will tell. What are we, drones for the new AI?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
TrueBrit I didn't think you were that naive. "The People" have literally no say in making any laws (I am referring to the UK now) though we are assuaged by the tit bit they allow us to think that we do. ie. Sarahs law.
We, as a people, have no input and we have no avenue or recourse to repeal useless or wrong laws. So the powers make laws to suit themselves and that includes their backers in the banks and monetary establishments. And they have the police to uphold these"laws" and our only way we can try to object against these laws is through the judicial system which they own as well.
This is one of my main bugbears. The UK should have an up to date written constitution (like the US) that we as citizens can implement to obtain justice against the government and its entities.
Please, please don't even mention "OH, but we have recourse, we have the Magna Carta". If just people ever sat down and read the Magna Carta they would know it has absolutely nothing to do with the ordinary man in the street. All that document was an agreement between the king and the ruling nobles that the king would not keep bothering them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

With regards to this Total War based on a set of lies, and an endeavour spiraling into violence in it's second decade, there's this:

CHAPTER I: PURPOSES AND PRINCIPLES

Article 1
The Purposes of the United Nations are:

1. To maintain international peace and security, and to that end: to take effective collective measures for the prevention and removal of threats to the peace, and for the suppression of acts of aggression or other breaches of the peace, and to bring about by peaceful means, and in conformity with the principles of justice and international law, adjustment or settlement of international disputes or situations which might lead to a breach of the peace

;

www.un.org...

And the lack of privacy is a violation of personal rights. Various scandals concerning the security of our personal data provided enough evidence, that the public services can't guarantee to uphold our personal rights whilst collecting data like fcking crazy. In fact, the opposite seems to be the case.

Article 6
Right to liberty and security

Everyone has the right to liberty and security of person.

EU Charta

Looks like all we need is a good lawyer and a budget. Justice still might be served, I'd guess that we have a few lawsuits running already. It will probably take another decade though, the MICs aint amused.
Protests and demonstrations will help a lot to apply some pressure on all the parlia(R)ments, which are supposed to represent the interests of the people. Think Summer of 68, question is if we'll get another one soon enough.

After the protests of May 1968 failed to generate lasting political change in their country, French artists developed a fierce, funny new language – one based around irony and violence

www.theguardian.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Viva la Evolution!

edit on 11-10-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We have too many unjust laws, too many laws in general. I'd love to see our law books tossed, rewritten in a simplified manner. In the meantime we do have recourse, we need an educated voter base for true change which is unfortunately something we are sorely lacking. The result of the ongoing fomented war on academia and public education.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

You’re absolutely right. The concept of justice is being thrown to the wind in favour superficial concepts like diversity, social justice, and anti-hatred. The irony is, so long as justice remains, the others should fall in place nicely.

You criticize some of the few positives that have happened with law in recent decades. These 'concepts' have brought laws into compliance with the Constitution.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Sorry, Constitutionalists, but we to upgrade our laws and rules of the nation to represent all peoples-1776 we are not.

What does "representing all peoples" have to do with the constitution? Probably at least 85% of the constitution deals with how the government runs, and doesn't deal with anything about the people. People need to represent themselves--you're talking about a document that was supposed to be limited in scope so that states could handle being as representational of their peeps as possible, as it's impossible for a central government to do so. Hell, it's even impossible for municipal governments to "represent all peoples" under their umbrella, but they do their best, I guess.

Pretending that the federal constitution should be able to do so is silly...and it's not even its purpose.

I'd love to hear an intelligent list of reason why you think that the constitution needs re-written...specific examples, not generalized ideas.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Reread my post if you want examples and think.... You'll come up with your own answers.

Your post, calling me silly, does not deserve a response.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I don't want to kill that many people at all,PART is still human if a bit BRAIN mutated.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I didn't call you silly--I called what you were doing is silly.

There is a difference, like when I tell my son that just because he's acting stupid doesn't mean that he is stupid. On the contrary...it implies that he can do better.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

"nuff said. Bye

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
I wish to ask the membership, if they should care to respond, which it is they value most.

Freedom

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: cavtrooper7

We know these and many more parts of the corporate world are literally awash with conspiracy, not just theoretical conspiracy, but actual, existent and confirmed operations whose purpose is to isolate the beneficiaries of these things, from ever having to pay anything back into the system their perfidy assaults. This we KNOW to be unjust, yet personages who benefit from these broken systems, are considered pillars of their communities, stalwarts, captains of industry and all the rest of the plaudits one can only receive if one is morally defunct.

That's modern society in a nutshell, isn't it?
It's nothing close to what a sane person would use the word "just", in correlation with.
It's inhumane.
High crimes of the moral sense, and they are protected by the laws, and circumvent them like snakes.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

People are milking their jobs for cash.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I find most everything you post to be inane. Your views of the world are so singular. All the problems we have in government are because of "superficial concepts"? Are you kidding me! I think organized crime RUNS our government. We have cartels and monopolies because the lobbyists force the politicians too pass laws to favor the CEOs and the rich. The government's primary function is to screw the citizens up the butt. Money talks, everything you post is fluffy BS.

edit on 12-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

you make a good point in identifying the difference between moral and ethical right and the law. Law is written to be specific in regard to a certain event, not ambiguous in regard to many. The problems come in to play when a fairly open ended law is applied to a very specific set of circumstances for which it was not directly intended.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I find most everything you post to be inane. Your views of the world are so singular. All the problems we have in government are because of "superficial concepts"? Are you kidding me! I think organized crime RUNS our government. We have cartels and monopolies because the lobbyists force the politicians too pass laws to favor the CEOs and the rich. The government's primary function is to screw the citizens up the butt. Money talks, everything you post is fluffy BS.

Thanks. But either you cannot read, or your vivid imagination likes to fill in the blanks left behind by your fluffy reading, because I clearly said “The concept of justice is being thrown to the wind in favour superficial concepts...” Nothing to do with the government at all. What unhinged nonsense, not to mention unjust.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

You criticize some of the few positives that have happened with law in recent decades. These 'concepts' have brought laws into compliance with the Constitution.

They are words, and they have done nothing but advertise for the one using them. There is nothing just about them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join