It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Foreman is trying to get paid. just challenged Steven Seagal to a no holds barred fight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This is a joke right?

Even at his age... one punch KO... Forman

but really who wants to see this kinda fight...

These silly mock fights keep happening, someone is gonna die

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Gothmog

Mostly strikes with the hands. Unfortunately , you get very learned in the nerve centers. Debilitate an arm with one quick strike . Lasts for minutes.So , even if the opponent is in head cover mode, opens up the arms for this. You cant counter-punch if your arm feels like jello.

total bullshido.
no successful aikido in any real contact competition

feel free to show me 1 video of a legit fight with an aikido player against anyone of any style. if it exists i really want to see it.

The very first thing that happened to stress the importance of nerve centers , the instructor took and struck a point of my upper arm with the knuckle of his second finger. And it was very light. My entire arm went numb and I couldnt move it.
Sealed the deal for me
And these MMA are all for show just as the pro wrestling arena. A soap opera designed for the fans.

edit on 10/10/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Akido isn't all bs
some of my favorite defensive moves use a wrist-elbow-shoulder lock from a block positon.
I can put a big dude on the ground with 3 fingers on the hand. It's fun at parties, and showing leverage against joints vs brute strength, but fairly ineffective in mma. You are well aware of s$@@ breaking if it sticks out to be grabbed by opponent.

They should keep it real and do Seagal vs Van Damnit

aikido is 90% bs. i am 100% sure of that
the 10% good is party demonstrations. general fitness and keeping a traditional martial art alive.
other than that it is bullshido.

i hope people keep learning it. i hate to see traditional arts basically die. they are beautiful but ultimately ineffective. this has been proven.

can someone please tell me the logic in saying COnor had zero chance against Floyd but Seagal apparently has a good shot against Foeman.

this will never happen but it is fun to talk about.

i do love this # and would really love to see aikido succeed in a real fight against anyone so if someone has tape of that please show me.
until then i call bullshido

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

The very first thing that happened to stress the importance of nerve centers , the instructor took and struck a point of my upper arm with the knuckle of his second finger. And it was very light. My entire arm went numb and I couldnt move it.
Sealed the deal for me
And these MMA are all for show just as the pro wrestling arena. A soap opera designed for the fans.

come to think of it i think you are right.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah, akido, tai chi and karate are useless in mma. by the time you try the mechancs stuff your already done.

Joint manipulation comes into play, when you hit the ground grappling, and jits rules, even over judo at that point.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Segal depends on using distance and gaining control of his opponents hands, wrists and thumbs for leverage against his opponents. Foreman will be wearing boxing gloves that will eliminate Segal's advantage. Foreman will also maintain his distance from Segal requiring Segal to come to him rather than Foreman advancing on Segal. It's advantage Forman, I would suspect.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Yeah, akido, tai chi and karate are useless in mma. by the time you try the mechancs stuff your already done.

Joint manipulation comes into play, when you hit the ground grappling, and jits rules, even over judo at that point.

no matter what though those traditional martial arts are beautiful. i love watching some of the demo's. i like watching them blast the wooden man. i love tai chi forms. i hope they never die.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Sealed the deal for me

come to think of it i think you are right.

Now , if you want to watch true martial arts contests you will have to travel to Asia. I would say Hong Kong. But travel with a Chinese or Korean friend.
There is too much commercialization in the US .

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I actually like akido quite a bit and almost trained in it. It is great for redirecting momentum, adding in locks on the backside, as well ad multi opponent fights.

Just not brutal and direct enough for muay tai strikes.

I'd take a kicker over a boxer though, so he may have a good chance.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Again , MMA is just like the Pro Wrestling sport . Commercialized to the point of being a soap opera for fans.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
Segal depends on using distance and gaining control of his opponents hands, wrists and thumbs for leverage against his opponents. Foreman will be wearing boxing gloves that will eliminate Segal's advantage. Foreman will also maintain his distance from Segal requiring Segal to come to him rather than Foreman advancing on Segal. It's advantage Forman, I would suspect.

Seagal depends on his students going with his movements. in every single clip i have ever seen of Seagal the person on the receiving end is always helping the flow. boxing gloves. no boxing gloves. Foreman takes it.

i agree with a previous poster though. i would much rather see Seagal vs Van Damme.
now we are talking some crazy #.

Nico Tuscani vs Frank Dux

much more interesting match i think

i love talking about this stuff

thanks everyone. i have enjoyed this so far

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Akido isn't all bs
some of my favorite defensive moves use a wrist-elbow-shoulder lock from a block positon.
I can put a big dude on the ground with 3 fingers on the hand. It's fun at parties, and showing leverage against joints vs brute strength, but fairly ineffective in mma. You are well aware of s$@@ breaking if it sticks out to be grabbed by opponent.

They should keep it real and do Seagal vs Van Damnit

aikido is 90% bs. i am 100% sure of that
the 10% good is party demonstrations. general fitness and keeping a traditional martial art alive.
other than that it is bullshido.

i hope people keep learning it. i hate to see traditional arts basically die. they are beautiful but ultimately ineffective. this has been proven.

can someone please tell me the logic in saying COnor had zero chance against Floyd but Seagal apparently has a good shot against Foeman.

this will never happen but it is fun to talk about.

i do love this # and would really love to see aikido succeed in a real fight against anyone so if someone has tape of that please show me.
until then i call bullshido

Like the Chinese MMA fighter that beat down the Tai-Chi master and several other traditional martial art ‘masters’ in China and has since been in hiding?

Chinese MMA fighter beats down Tai-Chi Master

I believe the Chinese government scrubbed the interwebs of the videos because it caused such an uproar — and he apparently exposed some fraudulent ‘masters’ using sleight of hand tricks (Qidong?) ... but trust me, he puts an epic beat down on that old fart.
edit on 10-10-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: typo

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

throw up some vids and i will watch them.
i have been falling out of watching most mma these days. a few fights here and there.

i have gone deep down the jiu jitsu rabbit hole again.
the jiu jitsu game is changing. the sub only movement is in full affect. there has never been a better time to learn or to watch jiu jitsu. there are some unbelievable guys out there right now.
ADCC was amazing. last EBI was amazing. there is another one in 2 weeks then the absolute in December.
lots of competitions popping up.

i am very happy with all of this.

the sub only/no gi movement has breathed a lot of life back into it.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

oh yeah

this is it right here
he destroyed him in about 5 seconds

thunder style tai chi

hahaha

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
people will laugh but i think people should take note of chuck norris. for real. he is a legit martial artist.
everyone know him cause of his karate but he is a black belt in bjj from rigan machado.
matter of fact years before the first ufc chuck mandated that anyone in his association that was to get their black belt under him in karate must get their blue belt in jiu jitsu first.

he is a true student of martial arts

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Again , MMA is just like the Pro Wrestling sport . Commercialized to the point of being a soap opera for fans.

Lol, wut? So you think Anderson Silva breaking his leg on Weidman’s shin plate was ‘commercialized’ (whatever that inane descriptor means)? It was real pretty to watch...just what John Q. Public wanted to see, huh?

Or how about any number of instances I can reference where a fighter shat themselves? Yeah, it’s really ‘commercialized’ for the viewing public...like...wait for it...a soap opera.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Don King needs to promote this... it'll be
The loss of credibility in the assisted living facility...
Something you seldom see, the slowly brawling elderly.
For your entertainments, two old farts in a battle of the ancients.
Boxing on Showtime, a pair of fogies past their prime.
Slightly younger than George Herman Ruth, a couple of fighters who are too long in the tooth.
They should be welcoming you at the door of your local walmarts, instead they're gonna fight, both are old farts.
To pay for their senior breakfasts at Denny's, they're getting in the ring to fight for some pennies.
No way this farce will go past round three, because you better believe it, they'll both need to pee.
We'll give you these two fighters, as soon as we find a couple gullible insurance underwriters.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Forman vs. Tyson.
Say no more.
Let it be.
edit on 10-10-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Forman vs. Tyson.
Say no more.
Let it be.

Seagal vs Van Dam.

Batman vs Superman

Swamp thing vs Creature from the Black Lagoon.

C'mon.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: skunkape23
Forman vs. Tyson.
Say no more.
Let it be.

Seagal vs Van Dam.

Batman vs Superman

Swamp thing vs Creature from the Black Lagoon.

C'mon.

The first 2 have already taken place

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join