It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a collective, you've worn me out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Politics... That's my favorite topic here. I love it. Conspiracy regarding politics to be more specific. Recently I find myself interested but unwilling to care. I was thinking about why. I think the reason is, political threads here have really gone down hill. Not all of course but it's blanketing out the good stuff. A lot of threads have gone the way of politically motivated BS. People picking their side and fighting for that side regardless. I don't know why I created this thread... I just expect more and want more for ATS.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
S&F Most are not worth clicking on any more.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Be the change you want to see.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Yes Yes. I can hardly click to look anymore. It is the divisiveness that has driven me away. Just not worth it. Allow different voices without the fight.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm fairly tired of it too.

I might pick one or two topics here or there and spend a little time on them, but mostly I look for other topics in other forums at the moment.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
Politics... That's my favorite topic here. I love it. Conspiracy regarding politics to be more specific. Recently I find myself interested but unwilling to care. I was thinking about why. I think the reason is, political threads here have really gone down hill. Not all of course but it's blanketing out the good stuff. A lot of threads have gone the way of politically motivated BS. People picking their side and fighting for that side regardless. I don't know why I created this thread... I just expect more and want more for ATS.

Ufology has been played-out and failed, for the most part.

New Age mumbo jumbo has played-out and failed, for the most part.

Now politics has become the new home for conspiracy nuts.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

It appears some have issues within, and use social media outlets as a way to project collectively out.

As long as many fail to see that there is no sides to be chose from 1z observation and that choosing them is an illusion some will continue to use social media as a way to manifest the illusion with some of the reading material you may have anguish with Antipathy17.

From what I have learned if there are materials you wish not to affect your energy just ignore them or read and not feed into them. Maybe that will help.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Ufology is being ignored. I do not think if the SOL system was saturated right now with more Activity then in previous years that many would be acknowledging it except those in position to and who are paying close attention.

New age is actually old age (cosmic influences) reminded again...

Politics is the same just new energy driving the minds posting.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Be the change you want to see.

The comment was worth repeating a couple more times.

"Be the change you want to see"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

And the nuts follow right along.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Sadly, to many followers not enough leaders.
I figure they will eventually learn as do we all...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Amen. People are going to tribes instead of individualism.

I pick issues, not sides. And while I may not be supported by that from other people, I feel great.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You make a good point but I think as time passes things will get back to normal. We've just had the most divisive election of my life time and, love him or hate him, we have an unusual President. Things will normalize again, eventually.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

You make a good point but I think as time passes things will get back to normal. We've just had the most divisive election of my life time and, love him or hate him, we have an unusual President. Things will normalize again, eventually.

I keep thinking that.

I thought it would end after Obama was elected the first time. No. I didn't want him as president. I didn't agree with very much of what he did, but I felt like at least we could just get back to disagreeing civilly again instead of all the Bu#ler nonsense we'd spent eight years in. Instead, it just got worse. I knew this was going to be ugly, but I figured we'd settle into the grumbling a lot sooner, but we haven't.

I'm honestly getting a bit worried by the mood of the country and I wish we could take the press out to the woodshed and give them a good attitude adjustment.

To be clear, I don't need, want, or expect them to agree with everything that happens, but I sure to wish they've tuck their hatred back down inside their souls and pretend to be honest journalists again instead of pundits.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wasn't really around during the Obama years so I can't comment. As to your second point, the mood of the country, I'm a bit concerned but have yet to see any indication of this in my day-to-day life. As to the press, I'm in full agreement.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think a lot of people have a dog in the fight because they just discovered, or are more involved in "social media" and hope that a party can help their lot in life. It is very depressing, neither party gaf and quality of life keeeps declining, while the market rigging politicians win without having to even work a job.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Amen. People are going to tribes instead of individualism.

I pick issues, not sides. And while I may not be supported by that from other people, I feel great.

I have no side. I am for equal opportunity . Open mouth , stick foot in , and I will be there.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Yes Yes. I can hardly click to look anymore. It is the divisiveness that has driven me away. Just not worth it. Allow different voices without the fight.

Maybe someone is succeeding as it is the same in all subject matter.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Screw them all.
My mantra.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Divide and rule.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join