It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social dysfunction

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

originally posted by: Bluesma
I get to be the controlling ego you wish to get rid of too.

The stories about 'you' in the past or stories about 'you' in the future creates the illusion that there is a separate solid you that can do something (have control).
But right now the now is going on. Now is all there is (or rather, what is happening is all there is). Now can appear as a story about you (a person that can do) but really there is only now going on.

Yeah, I am quite familiar with your religion by now. The fact that the past does not exist right now, nor the future, is irrelevant to this subject. Think about these stories or don't, whether the past events exist right now or not, they shall still impact this present moment now. This is why even false memories influence our present behaviors in the present.

-And the memories people have of your behavior in the past will influence how they react towards you in the present.
I think I made it obvious I am not searching for existential truth about what truly exists and not. This is a focus on practical application of the non-existent past and future.

In practical terms, there IS a physical body, with a skin, that separates it from other physical bodies, right now, and I have no interest in denying it's existence. But thanks for reinforcing my ego and sense of boundry through your proselytizing.

I wonder, seeing as these type of behavior you do on this site has the effect of provoking people to feel/percieve/experience the opposite of what you speak,
Would it ever occur to you to analyze your intents and consider you might be doing acts which are completely contrary to your intents? You actually push people away from this view and experience - is that what you want to do?

Oh yeah, there is no you, you shall say to me now. These words appear and arise and there is no you to consider, think, decide, change or have an impact on anything or anyone. We're at that point in the usual round-about.

Certainly keeps you out of relation. If that is what floats your boat.

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
This is why even false memories influence our present behaviors in the present.

I know that memories of the past are all false. (Your) mind is already programmed so no matter what the mind tells you about the past it is only (your) minds perceptive. The mind can only give you a version.
Do you assume that thoughts know the truth?
If thought stories are bought into (believed) and they are not really true they do impact now - by making you feel unhappy with yourself.
The mind is great at telling you that you did wrong and that you should have done it different - but what does the mind know anyway?

edit on 14-10-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join