It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump... Jesus, man... really?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
It's gotten to the point where if you criticize Trump for anything, you get labeled a snowflake Hillary-bot but... holy crap.

Why would he think that putting on a thick Puerto Rican accent is respectful to a people he's already let down in a tragic time? Is this the cherry he wants to put on his Puerto-Rico-tone-deaf sundae?

When I became old enough to avoid going to family reunions and Thanksgiving dinners, I thought the days of putting up with creepy drunk uncles was over. Now he's everybody's creepy drunk uncle.

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Now this is just nitpicking.
I fail to see what the problem is there.

And just how has he let them down?
Explain please.
edit on 7-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Trump is not a drunk , and in no way seems like the creepy drunk uncle at family gatherings.

The man is not perfect , but to be honest I would have liked him as a Godfather. Seemed the type that would encourage and help with education, etc.

Sorry Abisha , but you seem cold and cynical towards a man that has not done you any personal harm.
Just my opinion... and I'd trade stammering Trudeau for Trump any day of the week !
edit on 7-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You choose to believe a loud mouth Mayor and some talking heads over the Real MSM news that showed the aid pouring in and sitting there. He did his job. They didn't do theirs to distribute it.

If any other politician jokingly pronounced Puerto Rico, nobody would have blinked an eye.

Besides, it was funny

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
What's confusing to me is how some of us can go through a day or week without fixating on Trump and every word he says.

Are we out of touch? Or just smarter than those that fall for the whole political charade?

Enjoy another Trump thread.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Hillary

Why would he think that putting on a thick Puerto Rican accent is respectful to a people he's already let down

Packin' hot sauce in a purse and putting on a crappy southern accent apparently worked - it must be the 'in' thing when it comes to manipulating bonding with the TV watchers.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Don't see any comment from you about when Hillary or Al Gore put on their best black accents when addressing a black crowd. Guess you just have a problem with Trump.

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Also the people in attendance didn't seem to mind and even shouted "we love you"

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Hillary

Why would he think that putting on a thick Puerto Rican accent is respectful to a people he's already let down

Packin' hot sauce in a purse and putting on a crappy southern accent apparently worked - it must be the 'in' thing when it comes to manipulating bonding with the TV watchers.

Aaaand here we go. I didn't vote for Hillary and I also thought what she did was dumb and pandering. And she wasn't even a sitting president presiding over a relevant catastrophe.

So predictable.

+9 more 
link   
i'm with you, OP. our president is an embarrassment.

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Don't see any comment from you about when Hillary or Al Gore put on their best black accents when addressing a black crowd. Guess you just have a problem with Trump.

BUT HILLARY WAAAAAAAH!

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Now this is just nitpicking.
I fail to see what the problem is there.

And just how has he let them down?
Explain please.

Are you serious? Harvard is already using his performance with Puerto Rico as an object lesson in what not to do.

link   

It's gotten to the point where if you criticize Trump for anything, you get labeled a snowflake Hillary-bot but... holy crap.

Not true. We only call you snowflakes when it is how someone pronounces a word that makes them angry. That seems kind of snowflake-ish to be honest. The pronunciation of a word?

Why would he think that putting on a thick Puerto Rican accent is respectful to a people he's already let down in a tragic time? Is this the cherry he wants to put on his Puerto-Rico-tone-deaf sundae?

Why would he try to learn the nuances of another language? I guess people are just different.
Why would you let this bother you enough to make a thread about it? Just curious as to why.

When I became old enough to avoid going to family reunions and Thanksgiving dinners, I thought the days of putting up with creepy drunk uncles was over.

Sad to hear you had to be put in a situation like that. Sympathies.

Now he's everybody's creepy drunk uncle.

Maybe the vibe your getting from him sends you back to those memories. That may be the source of your issue with Trump.

The guy has been everywhere there was a disaster. Yeah, yeah political maneuvering. Part of it, but not all of it. He is also consoling them. And that is something great, no matter what the reason for the visit.

When President Donald Trump toured a Las Vegas hospital after the deadliest mass shooting in living memory, 28 year-old Thomas Gunderson pushed through his injuries to stand up and shake his hand when he entered his hospital room.

Gunderson, one of more than 500 injured in the mayhem of the Sunday night massacre, posted a video of the interaction on Facebook where he commented: "I will never lie down when the president of this great country comes to shake my hand!"

Gunderson was recovering from a fresh gunshot wound to the leg. "Hey, this guy looks tough to me," Trump said as he entered the room.

www.businessinsider.com...

That reminds me of my Uncle Steve. He wasn't a creepy guy at all.
edit on 7-10-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
link   

It is as predictable as your OP bashing Trump for petty S!@t

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

They also reply to you like they didn’t complain when Hillary did it...

The Cult gets more bizarre by the day.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Oh well if Harvard says so, we should all put down our critical thinking and just go with what they say

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

It is as predictable as your OP bashing Trump for petty S!@t

Petty slat?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I did not complain when Hillary or Al did it, I just laughed. I did not get all butt hurt about it like you lib's do.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Brilliant mind you are I edited out my curse word with characters it is not slat as you say

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Hillary

I didn't vote for Hillary.

Care factor = 0

So predictable.

Care factor = 0
edit on 7/10/2017 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join