It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pets! Your Days Are Numbered!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Nothing, I repeat nothing, will ever replace a selfish, egotistical, insane and trippy ball of fur. There is no machine on earth that can be programmed to be as sweet, as irritating, as needy and yet so independent as a feline. Good luck.

Please notice I didn't mention dogs or their farts...

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
That scared the living heck out of me.

Yeah , I am now more terrified for future generations
Glad I am an old man...

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

My dog can jump and catch a frisbee...I would not even pet that thing lol.

Ty for the non political thread.. for real SnF

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

A more interesting question is what about when the robotics are good enough for your robotic dog to catch a frisbee and run 50mph..

Sure these are laughable. But wha about when they are cooler than a dog??

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If nothing else, I'm sure it'll keep my dog entertained for a few hours... or a few seconds depending on how durable it is.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
It's funny, but somehow it's just not doing it for me. Besides, if I brought one of those things into the house, the three live ones who are here, would turn it into a heap of wires and fluff in no time. They would hit the tail first, without question. They would probably eat the rest of it. (Although adorable, they can't be quite rude at times.)

Don't be disrespectful of your dogs! They can't possibly be boring. Maybe they are depressed? Buy them a Qoobo to cheer them up!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: notsure1

A more interesting question is what about when the robotics are good enough for your robotic dog to catch a frisbee and run 50mph..

Sure these are laughable. But wha about when they are cooler than a dog??

I might buy one. But I would think of it more as a toy.. No love for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I've had the pleasure of having 3 golden retrievers in my lifetime. Each of them had their own unique personality. A robotic pet can't replace a pets silliness, the excitement they exude when family members return home, the companionship, the comfort they give us when we're depressed or stressed out, the facial licks, the tail wagging and nudging to show they want affection and show their love for us, the roll over and rub my belly cuteness, playtime, barking and alerting us to strangers approaching our residence, and the loyal protection they provide us in our home.

A pillow with a wagging tail just won't cut it for me and many who have owned pets.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yeah......no.

We found my golden retriever at the local humane society, and some jacka$$ bobbed her tail when she was a puppy. Her tushi tries to do the job, but she looks like she’s trying to do the Twist. Or having a really bad itch. I’ve had several dogs and cats in my family, and she is by far the BEST dog ever! Her eyes, omg, will melt even the coldest heart (* in my humble opinion). So, 1 tail and no eyes just doesn’t do it for me!

Passing fad. It’ll be like that “egg” everybody had to get their kids this past Christmas. After a couple of hours it’ll be stuck under the couch, only to be found a year later when someone loses the TV remote (no housekeeping comments from the peanut gallery, thank you!)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

What about when they make a robotic cat that is better than a real one???

One that can understand intricate commands and is stronger, faster and smarter than a cat..

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Not sure how lonely you have to be to find companionship in a pillow

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

Pillows, sheeeeeeeit. Blow up pool dummies are where its at yo!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Not realistic. Real cats are nice and cuddly for one min then bite you and scratch you and run sway till food time...

I dunno, man. I've never once had cats hiss at me, much less bite or scratch me. My trick is I treat them like small lions. Give them food, give them their space, pet them once they're comfortable with me, give them their space, and let them come to me when they want attention (or food). Treating them like a dog is pretty much violating the cat code (as in, always picking them up, kissing/snuggling them, getting in their territory too quickly, keeping them in enclosed areas, etc). They have to feel like you're safe to be around & worthy of being their ally.

Oh yeah, by "ally" I mean "servant". Rarely will cats ever acknowledge someone as their boss. We're generally either allies to them or we're creatures worthy of their protection. They "snuggle" with us just so they can mark us as as "theirs". And that soft purr they give is the same purr that kittens give their moms when they're hungry. So yeah, they intentionally manipulate us and think they run everything. But as long as they keep mice & snakes away, it's all good right?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

What about when they make a robotic cat that is better than a real one???

One that can understand intricate commands and is stronger, faster and smarter than a cat..

No such thing as a dumb cat
My cat takes commands

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

You mean this can of worms?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I've seen a lot of stuff about the cat craze in Japan, including cat filled stores where you can visit just to pet the store's cats. So I can see these products appealing to the cat lovers like that who simply don't have the time or space to keep a real cat, but still want the "cute" factor of a self-moving pet plushy (without the real cat/dog stuff like them bringing home half eaten animals or pooping on your floor).

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: violet

Pillows, sheeeeeeeit. Blow up pool dummies are where its at yo!

Thanks for the laugh

edit on 8-10-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How did we get from furry electronic pillows to blow up dolls?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lisame

Just because the furry pillow moves when you touch it doesnt mean its not still 'inanimate'.

Like I said, we humans are some sick puppies.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
As cute as that may be, it's nothing like my own real kitties and the look of utter adoration on their faces when they come curl up with me. People think cats aren't expressive, but that's just not true.

That robot may be fuzzy with a waggy tail, but it's not alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join