It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If There Is One Thing You Watch Today, Let It Be This

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

yeah, That made me cry.

Damn you.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Not often i watch a youtube video right through but i was hooked 30 seconds in .

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Thanks for this video and the reminder.

I grew up in the country, in a small town where we all were poor so none of us knew it.

His words were the words that were spoken to us children by almost all the elders in our homes and community. We were reprimanded by anyone older then us, because they cared. Very few of them had graduated elementary school, and even fewer had graduated high school. Most of them worked the fields from sun up to sundown, so they knew how to have a good time when the work was done, they enjoyed sharing, and Sunday was always a day of rest. Back then nothing was open on Sundays.

I look back at the children that I grew up with, and it seems amazing that so many of us graduated high school and went on to graduate university. It seems a miracle that so many of us did so well in life. After listening to this man speak, it makes everything crystal clear how that miracle happened. It happened because we were blessed to be have grown up with very few material things. So greed and wealth were not the motivators in our lives. We were taught the importance of character, education, respect of others, love, and sharing.

Over the years we have gained so much but we have lost so much more. I have bookmarked this video. For reviewing when I need a reminder of how I got here, and how much I owe those that taught me so much, and shared so much with me.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Wow! That guy is a pretty good motivational speaker. Almost made want to go grab the broom and start sweeping stuff up...Almost. But, seriously no? The dude has some points.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am so pleased that everyone appreciated this vid as much as I did.

Thanks for all your comments and let your own light shine out into the world!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Made me cry.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Made me cry.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Made me cry.

Sorry, I didn't realize that anyone was still posting in here. It was touching and I was teary eyed as well.

<< 1   >>

join