It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bluetooth Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Currently using an Advent USB Bluetooth dongle in conjunction with my PC/PS4 wireless controller with no issue aside from some latency/distance problems.

I decided to purchase a newer CRS 4.0 Bluetooth dongle.

However, when I attempt to enable the PS4 controller via the Bluetooth menu in Windows 10 Profesional it refuses to see or recognize the device.

Tried updating the drivers via Windows update and fetch features but still no luck with the new dongle seeing the controller. Just says the current/latest driver for the device is installed and working but still refuses to recognize the PS4 controller with the new dongle, can anyone help?

My specs Ryzen: 1600X, 16Gb DDR4, GTX 1070, Windows 10 Pro.
edit on 7-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Does it show up on the list of availables? Or doesn't it even show up there?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

that a is knockoff brand, and you shouldn't waste ur time. Just like USB flash drives from those companies . Anytime you buy PC hardware, always make sure its brand name.

the best ps4 dongle = www.kensington.com... www.targus.com...

or just serach some forums. But that no name one won't get ya anywhere

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It shows up on the device manager

And reports there is no driver issue but i suspect it is indeed a driver related problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seedofchucky

Cheers for the link, i know its from China but i think it still may work and it may be a Windows 10 driver issue.

Works with my other Bluetooth devices.

Edit: Tried installing the CRS stack software, installed fine but it still refuses to see my PS4 controller when adding a device.

Guess i will just need to stick to the old Advent dongle for the time being or until a find a fix or workaround that does the job.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: seedofchucky

Cheers for the link, i know its from China but i think it still may work and it may be a Windows 10 driver issue.

Works with my other Bluetooth devices.

"Works with my other Bluetooth devices."...yep, except this one....I think the issue you answered for yourself with a couple things..and it can be only a couple, simple things.

Cheap brand, worked with older devices (less secure and since updated who knows how many times?)..and you state "I think"...and "it may be".

Just get a functioning newer blue tooth, install its driver (usually automatically), hit ENABLE...and make sure it appears on both devices.
Its cheaper, will work correctly, and you can go do something else instead of search and rescue

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

This is a newer Bluetooth device, old one is 2.0 or possibly even 1.0. Apparently, this CRS model is 4.0.

Did not come with any drivers and did indeed claim plug and play.

The CRS suite seems to be the problem, if it can see and recognize other Bluetooth devices then i imagine it can be made to see a PS4 controller considering the technology is the same.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Been at this all night to no avail and here is the trippy part.

Got board chalking and changing Bluetooth dongles in an attempt to get this new one to see my PS4 controller. Plugged it into my old i5 2500k rig with an ASUS P8P64 motherboard and it did not even, to my knowledge dl or update any drivers plus seen the controller first time.

I'm still thinking its got to be a driver issue or i have somehow managed to corrupt the Bluetooth drivers on my Ryzen MSI/Windows 10 system.

Anyone any further thoughts on the matter?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You didn't even both to mention what OS your I5 PC is running that saw the ps controller -_-

Have you gotten the driver from the actual manufacturer or are you trying to update from windows?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Sorry mate did not mention the OS because it's exactly the same OS, Windows 10 64bit Pro.

The driver was not required on the Intel rig, plug and play done what it said on the tin and it's working perfectly, on the old rig. Changed out and to the other Dongle and it also works perfectly, on the old i5 rig.

But the new CRS 4.0 dongle refuses to see the PS4 controller on my Ryzen rig. I got the CRS suite from someone on another forum. Windows reports the correct driver is already installed CRS suite installed or otherwise.

Im thinking the problem is corrupted Bluetooth driver on the Ryzen rig but im rather ambivalent to remove them as its working with the old dongle fine and thats strange. Plus the new dongle did not come with any drivers and can obviously be seen as a generic Bluetooth adaptor considering it works on the old rig.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Newer bluetooth with older computer. That was my point. Sometimes newer have newer requirements and just dont work on older systems. Other times they do. So many updates we all get and then with an older system, newer and constant updating of that system....at times...thats the very problem.

There is a lot of new equipment that wont work on older devices...and older devices that cannot enable performance of newer equipment. This is my point. It should be real easy and not this hard on you.

Good luck. ....Best, MS

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I perfectly understand your point and welcome your input, probably agree that a lot of new equipment won't work on older devices, that's just the tick/tock nature of the industry.

However, on this occasion, it seems to be the opposite as it's a new system with newer CRS 4.0 dongle, older one works fine on both systems, it should be real easy and not this hard on you to understand.

Anyway, regarding the problem, i tend to wonder why the 4.0 dongle would work perfectly well on the older system yet not on the newer one considering the same version of windows is installed on both rigs.

I'm apt to ponder if i were to perform a clean windows install or simply remove the Bluetooth drivers then plug in the little beastie it would function accordingly and ether plug and play as advertised or fetch the drivers from the windows repository or another 3rd party source.

Think i may do that tomorrow, but had a few beers tonight. LoL

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The clean reinstall sounds like a good idea! Let us know how it works out.... and hoist 1 stout for me!

edit on 7-10-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

news.softpedia.com...

There is a specific issue with broadcom chips and the creators update 1703,
My advice would be to manually download the latest creators update (1709).

Don’t think windows update will find it automatically yet, they roll it out sloooow to conserve those servers

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

top topics

join