It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A random thought I have always had

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've always wondered, and I'll use sports as an example, if the smallest things effect the game. (similar to butterfly effect, maybe? ) Say during an NFL kickoff the ball blows off the tee and everyone has to regroup. What if the ball didn't blow off the tee and maybe the kicker would have kicked a touch back, but instead because of the wind, the kicker resets, his kick lands at the 3 and the kick returner takes it house.

Or a pitcher is in the world series, 3-2 count tying run on 2nd, gets something in his eye and has to step off the mound, goes back on and let's up a basehit. What if he didn't get something in his eye; his pitch would have went to a different location and everything could be different.

Just a crazy thought I've had for a while and wondered if anyone else has ever thought of anything similar.
edit on 10/6/2017 by 5ofineed5aladder because: Added paragraphs

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Seems like a recurring thought and not a ‘random’ thought, no?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
That's related to the concept of multiple time lines. It's a practical concept for computer AI and role-playing games by considering all possible outcomes for each decision.

It's like if you leave it to the last minute to leave your house and catch a bus, then the slightest delay like a pedestrian crossing lights may cause you to miss your bus to the airport, which in turn means you don't catch your flight to that conference, and you don't get to that jobs fair and find a job.

Things do amplify in the real world.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

If only I didn't marry my first wife!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat
Touchè amigo. I guess I meant random as in odd

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I can assure you this does happen in 3-Day Eventing.

There's nothing like having your horse fart during a dressage test.

(No horse farts in this test - jut adding it in case there are those of you who would like to see Dressage).

Or many of the other things that can occur to throw your horse off his test or jumps - little trivial things you would have never guessed. Like a water jump. (Wondering who'll laugh at that)...

Cute thread.

peace

top topics

join