It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"MURDER WITNESS" [MW2017] [non-writer]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
WARM SUMMER EVENING TURNS COLD

Here I am again. Couple of beers at home and some music. Anticipating a party later. A gathering of five close friends of mine including me. Everything is cheerful and uplifting. So I take a shower and put on some fresh and clean clothes, there are a few women in the party so I don’t want to be a smelly cat. I walk to my friend’s house in such a good mood that I give a 2 euro coin to a beggar who sits on the street. He says to me “God bless you” and I respond “likewise” although I understand I don’t have the authority or merit to bless anyone. It is up to god to bless, and this evening would not have much to do with god in the end…

So I end up at my friend’s house with my plastic bag containing 12 cans of beer and filters, papers, and roll-your-own tobacco bag. I hug a close friend of mine. A bit younger blond woman. The hug feels great although I am a bit frustrated that she is already spoken for. But I shake the frustration away from my head, thinking that she is way out of my league anyway.

I open a beer can and roll a cigarette. A dude sitting next to me on the sofa bums a cigarette from me but that is okay, I have bummed a million cigarettes from him in the past. Dead Kennedys are playing in the background but in a moderate volume so we don’t have to raise our voices too much when we talk to each other. A cat jumps next to me and gives me a look that tells “Damn, how can you ruin my mojo with your stupid drinking and partying stuff, I am a calm animal don’t you understand, human?”

So the hosts phone rings. He answers and his face turns white as if he would be a ghost. Argument rises. Something about selling a car but all of the money has not been delivered. Threats arise. He shuts down his phone and tells that everyone has to leave right now. But we don’t even have the time to stand up from the sofas and beds and floor as there is a loud bang on the door. It is not “knocking” it is severe beating to a door with a fist or some kind of a weapon perhaps. The door breaks down. A very big man comes in holding a knife and shouts “PERKELE JÄTKÄT” (hell, dudes!)

The intruder runs to the host, who is somehow in a shock state and completely unmoving, just sits there. And the intruder start stabbing him in the god damn face. Blood everywhere. Screaming. Someone tries to pick up a phone to call the cops but is so adrenaline filled that he fumbles the phone and drops it. More blood everywhere. The whole incident lasted maybe one and a half minutes but it seemed like a lifetime. Intruder leaves and smashes a mirror with a bare fist while walking out. My face-stabbed friend is lying on the floor motionless. I sit, with my mouth open, hoping that this is a bad dream. I put on my shoes and walk out, some of the blood spilled on my clothes and body too. I witnessed a murder. This should have been a fun evening, but this was a murder evening. I can’t talk to anybody about it, due to not wanting further trouble upon me. I can only share this story anonymously online.

THE END

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Bravo! Good job. I love the cat's view point
what language does the intruder use?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tiredoflooking
Bravo! Good job. I love the cat's view point
what language does the intruder use?

Language was Finnish.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
FLASH
Written by Myomistress

The last few hours have been voided out with only flashes and tatters of what had occurred... Almost as if my memory of tonight has consisted of nothing more than snapshots from an antique camera that you may find in your standard pawn shop... I was walking home from work... I do remember that much... It was like any other night I left the office and being my eco friendly self always walked back to my one bedroom apartment because it was only three blocks away at most.

I was walking as I said... That I remember... I reached the corner deli that is just up from my office building and noted that the lights were out and they had shut up shop. The street was dark and tonight seemed even darker with the pole light at the sidewalk out casting shadows that seemed to engulf me. Now, this isn't a very rough city, but anyone knows that in an urban environment especially in the dark that it is important to be on your toes and I kept this in mind... Until I reached the alley that was on the other side of the fence that divided the deli from the next building over... Some tax firm or something I believe though I never took my business there because I file online... Minor detail I know... Anyway... I'm rambling... I'm sorry, I tend to do this I'm a pretty shaky guy myself. Lanky and bespectacled... That's me. Picked last in gym in high school normal old Blake... Right... I suppose I'm supposed to be informing you about the alley...

So, I'm normally a pretty cowardly guy and first instinct would have told me to call the police once I heard the strange stirring from within the alley... But apparently my wits were also not about me tonight... I'll blame the long grind of the week and the scotch I was looking forward to when I got home to settle in for the night... Anyway, rambling again... So, I go into this alley and that's where the memory goes black with nothing but the flash bulbs of imagery in my eyes... I see... A woman she's a frail young thing probably doped out on heroin by how skin and bones she is... She looks so sad and pathetic there... Cowering... I remember cowering before the haze settled in... Nothing but flash bulbs I almost can't stand it! Flash bulbs even less characteristic and detailed now... Bright images! Cowering woman... Suddenly... Why is she choking? Oh god, she's gagging someone help her! FLASH! On the ground... She's on the ground but there's nothing I can do about it! FLASH! She's sobbing and pleading I wish I could help her... FLASH! Her face easily caves in under the force of a red brick that must have fallen away from the building on the other side of the alley... Her face... Caved in blood easily sliding from the indentation the brick left she lies still... Caving in... I'm caving in... Darkness...

So, I'm sitting at a police station now surrounded by officers... I'm in an observation room I guess? They say that I'm a suspect?... That I was the only other person found on the scene... They're running DNA tests on the brick how did things get here so fast? I didn't do this... I know what and who I am and I did not do this... Furthermore I'm telling you my story... Are you a private investigator who gave you access to be in here anyway?... I don't even know what to think or what is real anymore... YOU'RE real, right?...

THE END
edit on 4-10-2017 by Myomistress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FinspiracyThat was cool, I liked the rhythm of it and the Dead Kens and the cat

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Crikey! Nice peaceful happy lead into the story then 'wham'.

I dunno if I'd leave by the door. Maybe out a side window.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Good writing.

Cheers.

top topics

join