It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas massacre: Now is not the time for gun control debate, White House says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I've been scrounging but I can't recall where/when I heard that before. I seem to remember the name being within the context of another conspiracy.

Any recollection?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not off the top of my mellon but will look into it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: vor78
a reply to: Pyle

The politicians in Chicago can point fingers at Indiana if they want, but it seems to fall flat when you realize that Chicago has a homicide rate almost five times that of the state of Indiana. If guns from Indiana were such a problem, why is it so much less of a problem in Indiana?

As for straw purchases, yep, that's a problem, but its also illegal.

Well one you are comparing a City to an entire state.

I am sure you have heard of Gary, Indiana and Indianapolis has sadly lots of deaths related to guns every year. It just isnt making national news like Chicago.

Yes, but in this case, Chicago has almost half the population of the entire state of Indiana (about 40%).

The point is, if you're going to blame the lax gun laws in another state, then that raises a question of why most people in that other state aren't committing crimes with their firearms at anything close to the same rates.

Of course, we all know the answer. The main problem is inner city gang violence in Chicago, Indianapolis and other metropolitan areas and until that's cleaned up, the gun laws aren't going to matter much. You could cut off the flow of guns into Chicago and the inner cities gangs already have enough to last them for the next century or two.

edit on 5-10-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

Exactly correct. Democrats will never focus even a second on the real issues in places like Chicago, preferring to blame the closest Republican State for their nasty guns. Unfortunately for Chicago, the numbers point to the PEOPLE and the COMMUNITIES in Chicago being the main issue, not guns.

edit on 5/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In their defense, I don't know how to solve that problem, either, without a really heavy crackdown on violent offenders in those cities, and no one has the political will to do it. I'm not a believer in the 'we gotta do something!' approach of doing the wrong thing just because it makes us feel better.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

Also, despite Chicago having stricter gun control laws, is doesn't matter when guns flow through the rest of the country like water.

Does Chicago have a border impervious to guns, I don't think so!
edit on 5-10-2017 by MnerMner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MnerMner

It doesn't matter because Chicago's criminals already have enough firearms to equip a mid sized army. That's the fallacy of their gun ban. It won't work unless they're willing to clean out what's already there.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MnerMner

Also, despite Chicago having stricter gun control laws, is doesn't matter when guns flow through the rest of the country like water.

So it can be established that criminals will not obey the law.

And the current theme is, of course, create more laws.

I'd be interested in any law that the criminal would obey.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MnerMner

Yup.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: MnerMner

So it can be established that criminals will not obey the law.

And the current theme is, of course, create more laws.

I'd be interested in any law that the criminal would obey.

I agree.

The more laws. The more criminals will take advantage of the situation over time.

Like say, certain countries where rebels have gained a foothold and ordinary people can't defend themselves.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: vor78

Exactly correct. Democrats will never focus even a second on the real issues in places like Chicago, preferring to blame the closest Republican State for their nasty guns. Unfortunately for Chicago, the numbers point to the PEOPLE and the COMMUNITIES in Chicago being the main issue, not guns.

I live in Indiana you ass. I am not blaming some random state. Straw purchase play a large part and many come from Indiana. Indiana also has issues with guns in its cities that you see in Chicago.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join